Page 11 of 35 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Dota 2: Discussion

HopeDagger's Henchman Reputation: 24

to me, u wont see drow in tournament as much as tusk, tusk is very good in team fights,
    tusk and wisp combo might still work idk whether they fixed that or not snowball team n wisp ulti in location..

Shadowsworn's Sandwich Reputation: 168

I don't even know how to find a match in DOTA2. :P
    Seems like no one plays on American servers, gotta go to Russia.
    Me, Me, Me, GF |&| Me! D;!

RIP the Dawngates : (

You can join my Minitroopers army!

Don't you dare quote me!

Don't you dare Rep me neither!

I don't want your petty influences upon my soul!

Shadowsworn's Sandwich Reputation: 35

i only play on US east and west and i mostly get russians playing unless it's during the day since then it's late there(i think?) though i mostly play between 12am - 5 or 6am which is when russians are active i guess? it's like why in the hell would they think to connect to US east and west? they will have bad ping and half the time the only reason a game doesn't start is cause someone with a russian name can't connect and we all get thrown into que again. speaking of que why the f@ck do people constantly decline matches or just let it time out? don't press find match unless you for sure can play in 2 - 10 mins. yesterday i had 8 matches in a row get lost cause the 10th person declined or let it time out. literally 2 times as soon as i saw game is ready i couldn't even press accept cause someone hit decline so fast.

Game Journalist Reputation: 95

Just one week left to go, next Thursday is my last exam. Then I should be able to play a lot more!

Already studied and basically prepared for my next two exams so I should still be able to have fun with Skywrath mage. Exams are coming to an end and I am planning for our OnRPG tournament around June. I'll try to get some more details up after exams to see how much interest there is. 5-6 teams interested would be nice.

Bongo Crazy Kong Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by Skarcrow View Post
    to me, u wont see drow in tournament as much as tusk, tusk is very good in team fights,
    tusk and wisp combo might still work idk whether they fixed that or not snowball team n wisp ulti in location..
    I doubt that tusk would be pick more than drow on competitive matches. Drow is a great mid to late game carry. Add up that she could also be picked in early push strat line-ups along with her global Precision Aura. Split pushing furion + drow aura...
    you won't like me when i'm angry birds of the same feather flocks together.

Norrin Radd's Nerd Rage Reputation: 58

Learned a hilarious trick if your dire Alchi to get so much farm it's hilarious
    if you learn how to stack camps, max your acid AOE you can force the minions from the ancient camp on dire side to walk in it and out (it's composite so it ignores magic immunity) so you can get both lane farm and ancient farm at level 1 (kinda hard to counter this as the enemy has to for no reason into about 20-30 ancient creeps at level 1-6, yeah they wont survive

(you can also do this trick on dire to jungle with them, dire seems to have the advantage with creep ancient junglers as you can lane too) but you can get Radiance as early as 14 mins while being 0/0/0 for K/D/A
    Last edited by Gadiel; 04-19-2013 at 07:29 AM.
    Case (80$)
    EXGA 850 Watt Modular Power Supply (100$)
    Windows 7 64 Bit
    Intel I5 3570k 1355 Socket (210$)
    Zotac 970 GTX (380$)
    16 GB of Ram (100$)
    Motherboard (60$)
    Monitor: (200$)

My 1130 CAD$ Computer

ChimaeraOne's Cookie Reputation: 25

Until they ward and defend that, then you're a useless piece of crap for the next 20 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Wintersun View Post
    Until they ward and defend that, then you're a useless piece of crap for the next 20 minutes.
    i had a friend tell me last night "stop acting as if you are in some kind of pro game. these people on their team aren't gonna do anything you see in tournaments" which is 100% true. so telling him they are gonna ward it and then he is useless is complete bullsh!t. most how often do you see people stopping pulls in PUBs? never. if warding happens maybe at the start the support grabs wards and wards the runes but after that no warding happens. in PUBS even low tier heroes can do well because the other team feeds or doesn't know how to counter. i am not saying the games you are playing with friends and maybe some high level players are gonna go like this but most of us are in these types of games so we don't need your high nose remarks every time you reply.

I don't know about you guys, but when I queue we have plenty of wards. Pulls are always blocked and sentries are a must. Same thing happens when I queue with Wintersun and other friends.

But even then, never underestimate your opponents. Play as if your opponents are the best to improve.
    Last edited by Abubakr; 04-20-2013 at 05:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sinfullfears View Post
    i had a friend tell me last night "stop acting as if you are in some kind of pro game. these people on their team aren't gonna do anything you see in tournaments" which is 100% true. so telling him they are gonna ward it and then he is useless is complete bullsh!t. most how often do you see people stopping pulls in PUBs? never. if warding happens maybe at the start the support grabs wards and wards the runes but after that no warding happens. in PUBS even low tier heroes can do well because the other team feeds or doesn't know how to counter. i am not saying the games you are playing with friends and maybe some high level players are gonna go like this but most of us are in these types of games so we don't need your high nose remarks every time you reply.
    I'm just helping him improve. If he can get away with stupid shit like that, be my guest. I'm jsut saying it comes a point where it doesn't work anymore and you hinder your team more than anything. Since I barely play anything outside of 5 men stacks, this kind of stuff doesn't go through.

Sorry you can't handle what apparently are "high hose remarks" just because I'm saying something stupid works because the people you play against can't be bothered to counter it.

i have been hearing naga being played as a support recently but do you guys think she is better as a support or semi carry? i played her a bit ago and carried with 0 deaths but also set up with ult and saved with net which also makes sense she is played as support. she is easily one of my favorite heroes with witch doctor and the hilarious timbersaw.

Bongo Crazy Kong Reputation: 11

Quote Originally Posted by sinfullfears View Post
    i have been hearing naga being played as a support recently but do you guys think she is better as a support or semi carry? i played her a bit ago and carried with 0 deaths but also set up with ult and saved with net which also makes sense she is played as support. she is easily one of my favorite heroes with witch doctor and the hilarious timbersaw.
    The problem with Naga Siren is she's weak. Her damage output early game is ok at best and even when she's farmed she's still not as good as the top carrys or even semi-carrys dominating in the game at the moment. Sure her ult is pretty nice and its a free GTFO card, but if you watched the NaVi game, if the enemy team has BKB is pretty much GG since they can just mash their BKB key until it activates right after her ult is over and you pretty much have to deal with a bunch of BKBed heroes.

She's a nice last pick character if all the other supports are gone, but for the most part I would rather have some other hero than her.

Want illusions? Pick Chaos Knight or Phantom Lancer.
    Want CC? Most Int heroes and Str heroes
    Junior Member of the Swine of Golden Hue
    WoodinYmir: Magic Exo lvl. 4x
    Trigger..MOE: Female Mechanic lvl. 4x

http://gh.ffshrine.org/?r=50606
    Click for all your gaming music needs. It has most if not all OSTs released.

She's stille extremely strong. 12 base damage nerf made it harder for her to last hit. Ensnare is ridiculously good and Riptide can help with flashfarming. But when you have PL who can make copies of copies and kill a support with only his illusions or a Gyrocopter who has 1K AoE Cleave with no damage reduction, yeah, Naga isn't that appealing anymore.

Bongo Crazy Kong Reputation: 10

Naga isn't a great pick for competitive matches. She's one of some situational heroes mainly because of her ulti song. She may be picked versus low-hp line up to ruin the opponents positioning and especially not vs line-ups with bkb carries. Dagger and BKB can easily counter her ulti.
    you won't like me when i'm angry birds of the same feather flocks together.

Finals complete! Time to play.

General Manager Reputation: 559

Huzzah welcome back to freedom Abubakr.
    I’d rather risk confusing some people than disappointing them. - Mark Jacobs

Girls dont even look up [anymore], I feel like they're brainless zombies controlled by their iphones. - Abhorsen

Follow my writing team at OnRPG.

Currently Playing: SMITE, Battleborn, Herowarz, Pokemon Go
    History: Stardew Valley, Blade & Soul, Elsword, Dragon Ball Xenoverse FFXIV, Lost Saga, Prime World, Path of Exile, League of Legends, Wizardry Online, The Secret World, TERA, Planetside 2, C9, Dragon Nest, Forsaken World, Dungeon Defenders, Realm of the Titans, Eden Eternal, Vindictus, Champions Online, PockieNinja, Black Prophecy, Warhammer, Perfect World, Maplestory, Guild Wars, Anarchy Online, Ragnarok.

Support Pancreatic Cancer Research

Quote Originally Posted by arfmaster View Post
    Naga isn't a great pick for competitive matches. She's one of some situational heroes mainly because of her ulti song. She may be picked versus low-hp line up to ruin the opponents positioning and especially not vs line-ups with bkb carries. Dagger and BKB can easily counter her ulti.
    That's why she was first pick/ban material the entire second international right? She's still very strong and even if BKBs counter he ult, it's great in the sense Ensnare goes through it and on top of it, you isolate the BKB'd person. The main problem right now is when you have Cancer Lancers and Gyrocopters, there's not much reason to pick her.

Quote Originally Posted by Wintersun View Post
    That's why she was first pick/ban material the entire second international right? She's still very strong and even if BKBs counter he ult, it's great in the sense Ensnare goes through it and on top of it, you isolate the BKB'd person. The main problem right now is when you have Cancer Lancers and Gyrocopters, there's not much reason to pick her.
    If you're only relying on her Ult. Then of course she's a strong pick, but if you plan accordingly and just shut her down either early game or build the team to counter her ult then there's no point.

A BKB'ed hero who has some kind of AOE CC can just shut her up. Dark Seer, Tidehunter, Treant, Earthshaker etc, can just go nuts without a care in the world once the ult is over. Also let's not forget in most games there are usually at least 2 people carrying BKB on them.

But I do agree with you on how boring it is to constantly see Gyro and Phantom Lancer. Although I strictly play random draft which has its fair share of ups and down.

Quote Originally Posted by Mi-Ki View Post
    If you're only relying on her Ult. Then of course she's a strong pick, but if you plan accordingly and just shut her down either early game or build the team to counter her ult then there's no point.

A BKB'ed hero who has some kind of AOE CC can just shut her up. Dark Seer, Tidehunter, Treant, Earthshaker etc, can just go nuts without a care in the world once the ult is over. Also let's not forget in most games there are usually at least 2 people carrying BKB on them.

But I do agree with you on how boring it is to constantly see Gyro and Phantom Lancer. Although I strictly play random draft which has its fair share of ups and down.
    I'm saying the hero as a whole is strong. Riptide is a great nuke and a great way to flash farm with illusions. Ensnare is ridiculous and Mirror Image is nothing to scuff at. Her ult give her more utility and it can backfire but it's also a great set up tool. I'm not saying she's invincible but she's certainly not bad at all.

On a completely different topic, 6 teams announced so far for the next International.

Invictus Gaming
    LGD.cn
    Team Liquid
    Alliance
    FNATIC.EU
    Orange e-Sports.

Gonna be a great even and this year I'm flying to Seattle for it.

Besides Spectre, a hero I really miss seeing (maybe not seeing, kind of slow but I like playing) is Broodmother... So much fun to play her although it is very farm heavy.

Besides Na'Vi, what other teams do you guys predict being invited to the International?

Zenith, Evil Geniuses/Dignitas,LGD.int, Virtus.Pro maybe.

Empire would have been another candidate if it wasn't for Funn1k leaving for Na'vi.

iG, DK, Zenith, LGD CN
    FNatic EU, VP,
    na'vi isnt good tbh they have way to many fanboys

Quote Originally Posted by Abubakr View Post
    Besides Spectre, a hero I really miss seeing (maybe not seeing, kind of slow but I like playing) is Broodmother... So much fun to play her although it is very farm heavy.
    somehow shes different just like meepo no one uses them anymore lol
    tho everything is still the same..

Quote Originally Posted by Skarcrow View Post
    somehow shes different just like meepo no one uses them anymore lol
    tho everything is still the same..

Spectre is still viable, but at the moment there are just better options. Meepo on the other hand requires A LOT of effort to be good with and that amount of effort is very daunting. Played right he can be way ahead of everyone else in terms of farm and levels, played poorly you can bet your ass your team is going to hate you.