Dota 2: Discussion

Page 18 of 86 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast
    Bongo Crazy Kong Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by sinfullfears View Post
    i was reading some dota 2 stuff earlier and they were saying medusa can counter PL easy cause her ult at level 3 is like a min cooldown and will kill all his illusions.
    true. some teams are also picking OD against PL, you know the +400dmg to illusions (lvl 4 arcane orb) + sanity eclipse
    you won't like me when i'm angry birds of the same feather flocks together.

Cingal's Collar Reputation: 35

i have tried outworld many times but every time i do i feel like i deal no damage whatsoever. his astral imprisonment has great utility and can be used for setting up kills or getting away or just taking a carry out for 4 secs but other then that idk what he does.

Game Journalist Reputation: 75

He takes off after getting lots of int. Also, for OD it's not just about having high int but it's to have more int than other people. The best part is that his astral imprisonment banishes them, so the player receives no EXP. This makes him a very strong laner, simply prison them when they're about to last hit and deny the creep.

But even with the extra damage to illusions, I don't see OD being a very good counter. PL illusions are still too fast, you need to be able to kill them all quickly not quickly kill one at a time.

yeah PL builds up illusions so fast i doubt OD could take them out fast enough. all medusa has to do is pop her ult and they all die. though her ult is super unreliable like i was out of lane and troll killed my lane partner and troll was low on health so i caught him and popped my ult but he was running toward me at a diagonal so it did absolutely nothing and he got away i was like o_o;;;;;

ChimaeraOne's Cookie Reputation: 25

OD will get his shit wrecked by a PL. PL with 2.5K+ HP can take a few hits from his orbs and all of that while you mana burn him to death with your diffusal. Also, OD along silencer are the only carries countered by BKB, and considering BKB is pretty rampant in every games nowadays, it makes these 2 almost obsolete.

lol silencer is no carry. he have have got a revamp but he is still useless.

Game Journalist Reputation: 75

He might not be one of the stronger carries but he is still quite useful. Just having his ult up can change the tide of all team fights.

In other news, Dota 6.77c is here.

* Tranquil Boots disabled speed reduced from 50 to 25
    * Tranquil Boots heal increased from 170 to 250
    * Tranquil Boots cooldown increased from 40 to 60
    * Tranquil Boots heal duration increased from 10 to 20
    * Illuminate manacost increased from 150 to 150/160/170/180
    * Illuminate AOE reduced from 400 to 350
    * Spiked Carapace duration reduced from 2.75 to 2.25
    * Spiked Carapace cooldown increased from 14 to 23/20/17/14
    * Marksmanship bonus is removed when there are nearby enemy heroes (instead of just being halved)
    * Reduced Marksmanship enemy detection aoe reduced from 400 to 375
    * Heaven’s Halberd's Disarm is no longer dispelled by Manta
    * Living Armor damage reduction is now done for all instances of damage that reduce its charges
    Previous Living Armor Behavior: It would eat up charges from all damage sources, but only absorb some damage from heroes physical attacks

New Living Armor Behavior: Still eats up charges from all sources (including magic), but absorbs some damage from them as well
    Pretty big nerfs to Drow and Tranquil boots.
    Last edited by Abubakr; 03-16-2013 at 05:46 PM.

Cingal's Collar Reputation: 58

Quote Originally Posted by Skarcrow View Post
    bkb blocks doom ulti, linkin sphere repel etc.

later in game 1.3hp off of ur hp isnt much tbh, thats like 3 hits from a carry

alchemist is just the harder carry, not noobie friendly if u ask me, but if play right hes very strong and OP cause of his ulti its like troll's ulti+syllabear's ulti together

and for tournament heroes that get pick often, its because those heroes are easier to play and carry ex. PL and gyro to counter the pl picks, this 2 heroes can push and counter push very good,
    1. Doom-> Cant use BKB
    2. BKB-> Doom, still silenced and taking damage
    3. Level death-> Linkens -> Doom
    4. BKB up->Doom- Linkens-> Countered

BKB+Linkens... wow thats 9075 gold counter right there
    Doom Drow? Lost Her R
    Doom PA? Lost her crit and evasion
    Doom Ursa? Lost Fury Swipes
    Doom Sniper? Looses headshot
    Doom Weaver? Looses Gemini
    Doom Antimage? Looses mana burn
    Do you have
    Javelin, Morbid Mask, Crystalys, Abyssal Blade, Monkey King (not the miss), Maelstrom, Mjonir, Skull basher, butterfly, mask of madness, helm of the dominator, satanic, diffusal, heavens halberd, eye of skaadi (ranged champion)
    Well you just won not having their passives!

Do you want to activate
    BKB,any item that can be activated... nope

He counters ALOT of carries because their items passives, and their passives make them, and can dish out the pain/help lane mates

With anti mage, you have mana burn!
    you can have
    Troll Priest:+2 mana regen and a 0.5 CD 15hp heal (solo lane survivability)
    Ghost's 20% attack speed/ move speed slow (slow the carry on smacks
    AOE stun/ +15% attack speed (Aoe stuns are nice and more attack speed is great for your carry too!)
    Mana burn (anti-mage's ult)
    20% 2 x crit strike + 30% more damage (team fights)
    +5 HP regen, and 100 damage shockwave (again laning)
    Tornado, +3 armour (meh the tornado does decent damage
    Net and raise dead (okay raise dead is kinda bad but meh long range hold!)
    Purge (40% slow and can remove buffs is pretty good)

He really ****s over a carry, and with hands of midas and getting fed he can usually finish his build 30-40 mins into the game, if not usually 40-50 mins*
    600$ PC (not including HD and Case since using previous one)

Windows 7 (Direct X Awesomeness)
    Intel I5 2400 1355 Socket (210$)
    HD 5770 x2 (got them on sale) (200$)
    8 GB of Ram (60$)
    PCI Sound card 7.1 (40$)
    Motherboard (60$)

ChimaeraOne's Cookie Reputation: 25

Silencer is an excellent hero who can transition into a solid semi-carry. Glaives do a ridiculous amount of damage and his ult gives one of the best initiation/counter initiation in the game.

@Gadiel
    You forgot how Doom has: 0 lane presence, 0 armor, 0 AoE, meh teamfight, and a lot of other weaknesses. Most popular carries right now can farm faster than Doom while having more presence than Doom. Yes, his ult is strong but once you drop it, whoever you drop it on simply has to run away and he's fine. The era of "tanky radiance carries" is dead and long gone for now. He could be seen as a surprise counter pick to a Tinker, but still, he will get outcarried by pretty much anything right now.

Luigi’s Pizza Reputation: 15

Quote Originally Posted by Wintersun View Post

@Gadiel
    Yes, his ult is strong but once you drop it, whoever you drop it on simply has to run away and he's fine.
    Or the target ulted is "doomed" to ne denied. Anyway the ability lose so much in mid game. Is good to send in confusion the players in low level pubs

Page 18 of 86 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast