i have tried outworld many times but every time i do i feel like i deal no damage whatsoever. his astral imprisonment has great utility and can be used for setting up kills or getting away or just taking a carry out for 4 secs but other then that idk what he does.
He takes off after getting lots of int. Also, for OD it's not just about having high int but it's to have more int than other people. The best part is that his astral imprisonment banishes them, so the player receives no EXP. This makes him a very strong laner, simply prison them when they're about to last hit and deny the creep.
But even with the extra damage to illusions, I don't see OD being a very good counter. PL illusions are still too fast, you need to be able to kill them all quickly not quickly kill one at a time.
yeah PL builds up illusions so fast i doubt OD could take them out fast enough. all medusa has to do is pop her ult and they all die. though her ult is super unreliable like i was out of lane and troll killed my lane partner and troll was low on health so i caught him and popped my ult but he was running toward me at a diagonal so it did absolutely nothing and he got away i was like o_o;;;;;
OD will get his shit wrecked by a PL. PL with 2.5K+ HP can take a few hits from his orbs and all of that while you mana burn him to death with your diffusal. Also, OD along silencer are the only carries countered by BKB, and considering BKB is pretty rampant in every games nowadays, it makes these 2 almost obsolete.
lol silencer is no carry. he have have got a revamp but he is still useless.
In other news, Dota 6.77c is here.
* Tranquil Boots disabled speed reduced from 50 to 25
* Tranquil Boots heal increased from 170 to 250
* Tranquil Boots cooldown increased from 40 to 60
* Tranquil Boots heal duration increased from 10 to 20
* Illuminate manacost increased from 150 to 150/160/170/180
* Illuminate AOE reduced from 400 to 350
* Spiked Carapace duration reduced from 2.75 to 2.25
* Spiked Carapace cooldown increased from 14 to 23/20/17/14
* Marksmanship bonus is removed when there are nearby enemy heroes (instead of just being halved)
* Reduced Marksmanship enemy detection aoe reduced from 400 to 375
* Heaven’s Halberd's Disarm is no longer dispelled by Manta
* Living Armor damage reduction is now done for all instances of damage that reduce its chargesPretty big nerfs to Drow and Tranquil boots.Previous Living Armor Behavior: It would eat up charges from all damage sources, but only absorb some damage from heroes physical attacks
New Living Armor Behavior: Still eats up charges from all sources (including magic), but absorbs some damage from them as well
Last edited by Abubakr; 03-16-2013 at 05:46 PM.
2. BKB-> Doom, still silenced and taking damage
3. Level death-> Linkens -> Doom
4. BKB up->Doom- Linkens-> Countered
BKB+Linkens... wow thats 9075 gold counter right there
Doom Drow? Lost Her R
Doom PA? Lost her crit and evasion
Doom Ursa? Lost Fury Swipes
Doom Sniper? Looses headshot
Doom Weaver? Looses Gemini
Doom Antimage? Looses mana burn
Do you have
Javelin, Morbid Mask, Crystalys, Abyssal Blade, Monkey King (not the miss), Maelstrom, Mjonir, Skull basher, butterfly, mask of madness, helm of the dominator, satanic, diffusal, heavens halberd, eye of skaadi (ranged champion)
Well you just won not having their passives!
Do you want to activate
BKB,any item that can be activated... nope
He counters ALOT of carries because their items passives, and their passives make them, and can dish out the pain/help lane mates
With anti mage, you have mana burn!
you can have
Troll Priest:+2 mana regen and a 0.5 CD 15hp heal (solo lane survivability)
Ghost's 20% attack speed/ move speed slow (slow the carry on smacks
AOE stun/ +15% attack speed (Aoe stuns are nice and more attack speed is great for your carry too!)
Mana burn (anti-mage's ult)
20% 2 x crit strike + 30% more damage (team fights)
+5 HP regen, and 100 damage shockwave (again laning)
Tornado, +3 armour (meh the tornado does decent damage
Net and raise dead (okay raise dead is kinda bad but meh long range hold!)
Purge (40% slow and can remove buffs is pretty good)
He really ****s over a carry, and with hands of midas and getting fed he can usually finish his build 30-40 mins into the game, if not usually 40-50 mins*
600$ PC (not including HD and Case since using previous one)
Windows 7 (Direct X Awesomeness)
Intel I5 2400 1355 Socket (210$)
HD 5770 x2 (got them on sale) (200$)
8 GB of Ram (60$)
PCI Sound card 7.1 (40$)
You forgot how Doom has: 0 lane presence, 0 armor, 0 AoE, meh teamfight, and a lot of other weaknesses. Most popular carries right now can farm faster than Doom while having more presence than Doom. Yes, his ult is strong but once you drop it, whoever you drop it on simply has to run away and he's fine. The era of "tanky radiance carries" is dead and long gone for now. He could be seen as a surprise counter pick to a Tinker, but still, he will get outcarried by pretty much anything right now.