Page 18 of 35 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: Dota 2: Discussion

Heads or Tails Reputation: 11

Quote Originally Posted by sinfullfears View Post
    it's funny when i say we need wards(especially against invis heroes) and no one but me buys them and every time someone is saved cause we have vision i always say "oh look it's like 200 gold just saved you from feeding). like earlier in single draft the other team picked brood so i watched which lane she went in and grabbed sents went into lane with jakiro and got first blood in the first minute. idk what people have against buying wards. it's such a simple cheap item that saves you more money in the long run. pudge in the jungle gonna try and hook you? nope warded! riki running through the river to gank top? nope warded! BH running through the jungle to gank bot? nope warded! it's so god damn simple yet everyone is too greedy to buy any.
    Because some people have the mentality that others will do it for them. Why spend 200 gold when you could use that to get an item faster? If they end up dying and the gold goes to waste, they'll blame it on someone else for not warding. They also feel like its a one-player game, where they do their own thing without regard to what the team actually needs them to do. It bugs me even more that people are too ignorant or too prideful and throw the game rather than doing what somebody else tells them to do even though it benefits the team.

I love the game, but some people just ruin it for me.

Shadowsworn's Sandwich Reputation: 35

i played a game as chen yesterday in the jungle and ursa went bot solo. so i would pop into lane to get anti and wind off ursa so he could farm but i kept seeing him running back to base and had no idea why. well it turns out he was killing jungle creeps and almost dying and so our bot lane was essentially no one. so i kept going into bot but against anti and wind chen can't do anything so bot lane tier one falls and ursa goes "CHEN! YOUR FAULT! I AM GONNA JUNGLE NOW!" excuse me? maybe you shouldn't have kept almost dying in the jungle and running back to base! like if someone dies or a tower falls it's never their fault it's the teams fault.

I was playing one with a spirit breaker on my team who charged straight into 3 on the opposite team, died, and proceeded to call me a noob and how I wasn't helping him when I was clearly 10 seconds away from getting there. Not to be rude or anything, but most of these are non-english speaking players.
    Last edited by soligen; 07-04-2013 at 04:59 AM.

did u guys know farming is reportable? i was just void and farmed a lot of the game cause it always seemed team fights were across the map from me. i was in some just not all. we won and the necro on my team was like "report void" for what? i am gonna be so pissed if i get chat restricted or banned cause people don't understand farming.

Bongo Crazy Kong Reputation: 10

Your necro team mate wanted to be the star of the match. You stole it from him. that's why. lol
    you won't like me when i'm angry birds of the same feather flocks together.

A Shrubbery Reputation: 43

Quote Originally Posted by soligen View Post
    I was playing one with a spirit breaker on my team who charged straight into 3 on the opposite team, died, and proceeded to call me a noob and how I wasn't helping him when I was clearly 10 seconds away from getting there. Not to be rude or anything, but most of these are non-english speaking players.
    Indeed.. I just report them since they always use cursing in their sentences.. Is like C*KA 24/7

My Blog: http://thetaintedbasin.blogspot.com/
    WOW > There are currently 9670 users online. 1461 members and 8209 guests

Most users ever online was 13,440, 08-04-2015 at 11:11 AM.

Illgamez Insomniac Reputation: 26

Quote Originally Posted by soligen View Post
    Reporting for verbal abuse is probably the most pathetic thing I've seen playing these games. Kids can't take even a little name calling, its sad.

I've been put on low priority a few times due to calling people "noob" or somewhat even harsher names, but it honestly frustrates me that they take it seriously.

And what is the deal with courier automatically being shared with the whole team, wtf
    Now look at it from the other perspective, how fun is it to watch someone rage and flame people, even if they deserved it (most of the times they didn't actually deserve it and the one that is calling names is the suckiest one)?
    I sure as hell don't like to be reading people calling others "noobs" or even something harsher. Not because I can't take name calling, it's because it's annoying to read the rage of internet children and watch someone who can't behave properly. I report anyone that can't behave.
    The chat mutes and low priority are a nice feature to stop kids like you vomiting on the chat.
    Last edited by Grable; 07-04-2013 at 10:55 AM.

well i am out people. dota 2 is broken and all of you can say it's not but it is. i have officially uninstalled and will never return. the game is not fun just broken and a time sink. take me out of the guild and group and off any ones friend lists. you wont see me on this discussion either. i bow out ungracefully and high as a kite! (a bit drunk also but i have been thinking about this for a long time tonight just solidified it.) solo games are the only way to go.
    Last edited by sinfullfears; 07-04-2013 at 11:18 AM.

Illgamez Insomniac Reputation: 26

Broken how?

Game Journalist Reputation: 95

Just have to get a group to queue with. Games become a lot more enjoyable as you have people actually trying and playing their roles. We have people in our group that really like to support so we never lack wards at any time. And once you play with a group and increase your ranking, even solo queue becomes nice.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 366

Sounds like you are just furious from pubbies.

Welp. Another one bites the dust.

Quote Originally Posted by Grable View Post
    Now look at it from the other perspective, how fun is it to watch someone rage and flame people, even if they deserved it (most of the times they didn't actually deserve it and the one that is calling names is the suckiest one)?
    I sure as hell don't like to be reading people calling others "noobs" or even something harsher. Not because I can't take name calling, it's because it's annoying to read the rage of internet children and watch someone who can't behave properly. I report anyone that can't behave.
    The chat mutes and low priority are a nice feature to stop kids like you vomiting on the chat.
    These people start it by failing their role and end up blaming me or a teammate, in which case I speak out. I played games where someone is going 0/10 and when I tell them to stop pushing so far they get angry. Reasoning is useless with these people. They don't give a damn and proceed to flood the chat and tell the other team how worthless or pathetic you are. Now, I could report it, but seriously, you probably won't ever play with them again. And the most a report does is low priority. Sit back, relax and wait an extra minute or two. It's not going to stop me or them from changing. They end up reporting you instead because of their pride and feel like I or a teammate caused us to lose.
    Last edited by soligen; 07-04-2013 at 11:13 PM.

HopeDagger's Henchman Reputation: 24

this is why u dont do drugs sinful, ure depressed lol

u get put with bad people because of ur win ratio,
    ive had like 50 adbandoned games 40 more losses than win but my win is quite high for my levels, 49X wins 53X losses currently lvl 60
    you will know this when u get put into same game as certain people for like 10 games and theyre really bad

lol drugs and drinking are fun unlike dota 2. team games all have fatal flaws (pvp and moba games) which is why i am sticking to single player games. i should i have listened to one of my friends a long time ago and saved myself so much time.

Yeah...the game isn't the problem here. It's definitely you.

Quote Originally Posted by marcipaans View Post
    Yeah...the game isn't the problem here. It's definitely you.
    Yeah... the game is the problem here. also it's definitely *******s like you.

Quote Originally Posted by sinfullfears View Post
    Yeah... the game is the problem here. also it's definitely *******s like you.
    and that's problem #1 right here
    turning everything into "everyone is against me, therefore I hate you"
    not to mention trivial things like flaming

I bet these things annoy you for the rest of your day and can't shake it off for hours after a game.

Have I mentioned that you still haven't posted even one reason why exactly you are going apeshit because of this game and only come off as an ******* yourself to everyone else?
    Last edited by marcipaans; 07-05-2013 at 11:34 AM.

Snakes Big Toe Reputation: 15

I've had maybe one bad experience with this games community. People leave all the time, but the rest of us stay and have fun and talk to each other in all chat (even if most people speak/type broken English). I don't really like the game all that much, but its community is WAY better than any other online experience I've had.. At least when people leave you still feel like you have a chance to win.. in LoL one person leaves that game is almost completely over because the game is so teamfight oriented.

Still only 19 people in our Steam group. :S

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Just not playing Pubs already solving 90% of problems with this game.

`Doll's Dishwasher Reputation: 34

I joined. You have used RaidCall or anything like that

"I usually assume my teammates are retarded."

http://justified-gaming.enjin.com/

Had a Raidcall up in the past but no one really used it. I think the in game voice chat should do for now.

Also, more people signed up for the Dota 2 tournament but it has already come to a conclusion.

A Shrubbery Reputation: 43

Sadly still no fix on the report system. This guy reported me for reporting him, cause he was feeding. Hopefully they add some kind of overwatch system on the game.

My Blog: http://thetaintedbasin.blogspot.com/
    WOW > There are currently 9670 users online. 1461 members and 8209 guests

Most users ever online was 13,440, 08-04-2015 at 11:11 AM.

Hopefully we'll see some more community report systems like they have in Counterstrike. That should help a little bit.