Dota 2: Discussion

Page 19 of 86 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast
    Eriond's Egotist Reputation: 48

after a little break, 2 months maybe? , I seem to have lost all my skill. which was not a lot in the first place anyway.
    Also, why do axe items seem...so common? the amount of items I have.

Bongo Crazy Kong Reputation: 10

doom can be used as tank and to shut down (silence) 1 hero on a teamfight. but many would prefer NS over him especially on competitive matches.
    laning - NS>Doom
    teamfight - NS>Doom
    ganks - NS>Doom
    farm - Doom>NS
    you won't like me when i'm angry birds of the same feather flocks together.

Game Journalist Reputation: 75

The main selling point about Doom is the ability to block item usage. No other hero is capable of doing so, but even then he's not a favourable pick in the current meta. He's not too bad in pubs as if you're laning with a friend, it's quite easy to beat another lane consisting of two solo players due to the edge gained by communication and knowledge on each others play style. But in a game where everyone can work well together, he can easily get shutdown in a lane. Maybe trilane Doom to get him some farm, but why would you do that? It's much better to do the same with another stronger hero such as Anti Mage or Phantom Lancer. He's not as popular now due to change in the meta.

I just wish the current meta was more open to Spectre. I love playing Spectre, but then again, I love to farm.

Also, I know I said I would update the OP with information for new players but I was caught up with work over the weekend. I'll get to it ASAP. Sorry!

ChimaeraOne's Cookie Reputation: 25

Quote Originally Posted by Abubakr View Post
    The main selling point about Doom is the ability to block item usage. No other hero is capable of doing so, but even then he's not a favourable pick in the current meta. He's not too bad in pubs as if you're laning with a friend, it's quite easy to beat another lane consisting of two solo players due to the edge gained by communication and knowledge on each others play style. But in a game where everyone can work well together, he can easily get shutdown in a lane. Maybe trilane Doom to get him some farm, but why would you do that? It's much better to do the same with another stronger hero such as Anti Mage or Phantom Lancer. He's not as popular now due to change in the meta.

I just wish the current meta was more open to Spectre. I love playing Spectre, but then again, I love to farm.

Also, I know I said I would update the OP with information for new players but I was caught up with work over the weekend. I'll get to it ASAP. Sorry!
    Spectre needs some big changes to her laning phase. You basically need to miss 0 CS for the first twenty minutes and get like 2 items before considering fighting. Her lane presence is inexistant and she's so easy to shutdown it's not even funny. :|

Even worse now after tranquil changes. :S

Nice! If GOM picks it up, I'll definitely resub.

Bongo Crazy Kong Reputation: 10

Weekly Update!!!

Added BristleBack
    dat pig! excited to play now
    you won't like me when i'm angry birds of the same feather flocks together.

Love that hero! Going to be playing him over the weekend. Finals are coming up so I hope I can play enough of him and finish the coverage article soon. However, exams come before Dota at this time.

- Added Bristleback!

GAMEPLAY
    - Broodmother: Fixed Insatiable Hunger cooldown on level 1 and 3.
    - Dragon Knight: Fixed Dragon Blood armor bonus not carrying over to Illusions.
    - Dragon Knight: Fixed Elder Dragon Form frost slow getting dispelled when target initially becomes Magic Immune.
    - Doom: Fixed Doom damage being blocked by Pipe.
    - Enchantress: Fixed Nature's Attendants lasting 1 second less than intended.
    - Huskar: Fixed Life Break leap moving too fast.
    - Magnus: Fixed Shockwave hitting units behind you.
    - Mirana: Fixed Mirana's Leap range being slightly too short.
    - Nyx Assassin: Fixed Impale traveling too far.
    - Phantom Lancer: Fixed being able to have 1 juxtapose illusion too many
    - Razor: Fixed Static Link break range being 25 too short.
    - Shadow Shaman: Fixed Shackles doing a little less damage than intended.
    - Slark: Fixed Pounce not initiating an attack order on the leashed target.
    - Templar Assassin: Fixed Meld buff getting dispelled.
    - Visage: Fixed Familiars not getting affected by Chronosphere.
    - Weaver: Fixed being The Swarm units being unable to Latch onto sleeping units.
    - Weaver: Fixed The Swarm getting permanently dispelled if the enemy is invulnerable .
    - Weaver: Fixed the Swarm units not doing their initial attack immediately upon latching.
    - Added Psuedo Random chance for Roshan's Bash.
    - Fixed Eye of Skadi frost slow getting dispelled when target initially becomes Magic Immune.
    - Fixed Diffusal Blade proccing multiple damage instances.
    - Fixed heroes flickering on the minimap when walking by Sentry Wards while under Smoke of Deceit.

UI
    - Pausing in a practice or tournament game now prevents the team that paused from querying units, moving the camera or accessing the shop.
    - Added ability and item notes, detailed tooltips that will display only if ALT is pressed.
    - Adjusted Replay Highlight scene leadin time a bit.
    - Arcane Boots now has 'mana' as a shop alias.
    - Wisp name change to Io.
    - Added 10 second rewind button to replay controls.
    - Spectator Items panel now takes up less space and shows items ordered by value.
    - Steam friends can be added, removed, and friendship requests confirmed/ignored from within Dota 2.

VISUALS
    - New Vengeful Spirit model.
    - Added in-game models for when the following items are dropped from inventory into the world: Gem of True Sight, Observer Wards, and Sentry Wards.

BOTS
    - Added Bounty Hunter bot.
    - Significantly revised how Roam mode works.

AUDIO
    - Revised Beastmaster's voice.

DOTA 2 STORE
    - Added the Treasure Key of the Cursed Wood and the Treasure Key of the Shaper Divine.
    - Several old keys have returned to the store along with a very low drop rate for some older community chests.
    - The current set of community crates will no longer expire, but their drop rate will be decreased over time and their rarity increased over time.
    - Added new sets for Brewmaster, Lich, Riki, Juggernaut, Beastmaster, and Spectre.
    - Added a couple new couriers!

http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=79951

Cingal's Collar Reputation: 35

so he is not longer a pig but a porcupine? also his passive is pretty bad imo. only works if u get hit from the side or back? so odd. though quill spray is nice and his ult is a passive which is cool too. oh idk if this was in dota 1 but if his passive from getting hit in the back procs quill spray does his ult also proc?

Super Moderator Reputation: 195

Quote Originally Posted by sinfullfears View Post
    so he is not longer a pig but a porcupine? also his passive is pretty bad imo. only works if u get hit from the side or back? so odd. though quill spray is nice and his ult is a passive which is cool too. oh idk if this was in dota 1 but if his passive from getting hit in the back procs quill spray does his ult also proc?
    His passive has always worked like that.

Page 19 of 86 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast