Dota 2: Discussion

Page 20 of 86 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast
    Cingal's Collar Reputation: 35

i didnt play dota 1 as i never played warcraft 3 so these heroes are all new to me. i just think its a wasted skill.

Game Journalist Reputation: 75

You just have to get used to changing the direction you are facing. It's only a wasted skill if you don't use it properly. He's one of those heroes that you will be punished for chasing due to reduced damage and automatically stacking damage from quills.

Play him a bit and you'll come to love that skill.

Eriond's Egotist Reputation: 48

I give up. untill they 'fix' MM I'm not playing. lvl 8? just started the game? only 140 games? lets put you up against level 20's who have 500 games and way more experience.
    Yes its all about skill, but nothing skillful bout pub stomping newbies.

Raiyne's Rock Band Reputation: 47

I used to be meh about boar, his slow is a bit like batrider. He snowballs like a beast though, if you can't kill him early then you won't end up killing him at all, laned with strong nuker and you pretty much win the lane. Also I also think that MM is totally broken, I think it should take in consideration skill level a lot more than it does. Most games aren't remotely balanced and I keep getting queued with spanish/portugese/chinese teams which usually mean autolose because their pings are usually too high and they have no communication skills.

I don't know, I always find MM to work pretty well. It's not perfect and can mess up at times due to language barriers but I always get skilled players on both teams.

why is timbersaw not used much? i used him twice recently and did really well as him. i don't see why he is not used.

ChimaeraOne's Cookie Reputation: 25

Bristleback plays the role of the "Stove". What happens when you touch a stove? You burn yourself. So basically, ignore him completely and you'll be fine. He can snowballs if he gets some kills and okay farm. If you want to counter him hard, just buy a quick magic wand and you'll be set for the laning phase. He doesn't do that much damage unless you focus his back.

Also, his model needs to be bigger. He's not as intimidating as he should be. I also wish Quill Spray wasn't a single particle effect. This could have been better.

Quote Originally Posted by sinfullfears View Post
    why is timbersaw not used much? i used him twice recently and did really well as him. i don't see why he is not used.
    His best place is a solo vs solo lane. He's okay at ganking but his ult is easy to dodge and unless you have a huge *** mana pool to Chain yourself into positions early on, you won' t get kills. He's also not amazing at getting solo kills unless you're running him on a sidelane. He's kind of awkward because he doesn't do anything that great except laning 1vs1 against a carry like Void or Weaver. His passive is really, really good early on but that's about it.

his ult is easy to setup on people. i have used it to initiate and also to escape. like last night i threw it in front of myself while being chased they ran through it and got slowed and then i brought it back to me and it slowed them again and i easily got away. also pure damage with his saw attack if u hit a tree is easy to do.

I feel like Timbersaw needs to either be left alone for a while or get lots of kills early on. He needs a large mana pool to be effective. He's lots of fun to play though and he was picked up in a competitive match once, can't remember the match. I believe they won.

And yes, Bristleback is so small... My article on him will be named something along the lines of Dota 2: Another Courier or something making fun of his size... He's as big as a courier without his ult.

yeah as timber u need some farm and some early kills or at least assists to do well. he can't out carry but he tanks quite well cause of his passive and he has very high mobility and since he does pure damage he kills tanks easy.

Page 20 of 86 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast