Dota 2: Discussion

Page 22 of 84 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast
    ChimaeraOne's Cookie Reputation: 25

Solo mid bane. Get a Scythe + Eul's and then you have more disables than the special olympics.

Bongo Crazy Kong Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by Wintersun View Post
    Solo mid bane. Get a Scythe + Eul's and then you have more disables than the special olympics.
    lol. easier said than done
    you won't like me when i'm angry birds of the same feather flocks together.

Master Chief's Windex Reputation: 18

Quote Originally Posted by Wintersun View Post
    BKB. Boom.
    Last edited by Meowz; 04-01-2013 at 07:19 AM.

Cingal's Collar Reputation: 35

lol so i wanted to try out least played today and after 7 mins we got in but someone failed connecting on their team so i was sent back into queue and waited 15+ mins. i guess literally no one plays it

Manic's Maniacal Machine Reputation: 32

Any ideas on how to use tusk? I didn't start with dota 1 so I'm unsure of how to deal with this hero.

About timber: I find that he's actually quite good as a roam/ganker once you've acquired his ult and 2 mana pots. You find a pushed lane, hook -> AoE burst -> auto attack twice -> send out the bladesaw -> pop the mana pot -> by now ur hook should be up, so bring that buzzsaw back, hook and burst again.

This usually is better at your short lane since he needs alot of room to play this combo. However, if there are two squishies, lets say a hard carry or a caster early game, you'll do enough damage that a semi competent partner can clean up the rest.

the issue with timber is that positioning is everything, everything comes down to the use of the hook. You hook well, you win. You don't, then you have almost half the utility of the hero. I feel he doesn't come off well as a tank if there's a stronger str hero on the opposing team since his strength gain is quite poor as well as his armor.

TL;DR: the bladesaw is the shit

Intelligence is just a flame post away

Game Journalist Reputation: 53

For Timber, an easy tip is to always click on the tree and not in its direction. If you miscalculate and click in the direction, you have a chance of missing while clicking directly on a tree guarantees you will hit it as Timber will move in range.

For Tusk, you want to be focusing on ganking and initiating. If you can land you Q easily, launch it and immedietly roll into snow ball. Follow up with a "FALCON PUNCH" and you team should help to finish the target off, if it survives. As for counters against Tusk, if his snowball is giving a lot of trouble, items such as force staff or Euls (recommended) can easily counter it.

Check out our coverage of Tusk: http://www.onrpg.com/MMO/DOTA-2/news...2-Falcon-Punch

I'm working on one for Bristleback but it might be a bit delayed due to the exam season.

ChimaeraOne's Cookie Reputation: 25

Quote Originally Posted by Meowz View Post
    BKB. Boom.
    Fiend's Grip goes through BKB. Boom.

Game Journalist Reputation: 53

Exam time... Will have to hold off on Dota 2 for a while, I was really hoping to finish that Bristleback article before exams but doesn't it look like I will be able to. Wednesday is my first exam, so maybe on Thursday I will finish it.

Also, I have been delayed on adding some new player information to the OP, once again school has kept me busy. Sorry! I will update it accordingly when I get some breathing room.

Bongo Crazy Kong Reputation: 10

Goodluck w/ your exam! Books before games. lolol
    you won't like me when i'm angry birds of the same feather flocks together.

Cingal's Collar Reputation: 35

so i only play single draft or all random and i thought it was funn that you can't swap in single draft but in all random you can

Page 22 of 84 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast