Dota 2: Discussion

Page 24 of 84 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator Reputation: 195

I'd advise new players to go for Lich or Lion as they both aren't very reliant on items and don't have to worry about mana management.

Cingal's Collar Reputation: 35

true and as lion u literally don't have to try. u have a targetable line stun/mana drain/hex/targetable high damage ult. he requires no thought at all. same with PL and drow.

Bongo Crazy Kong Reputation: 10

add Crystal Maiden on intelligence heroes along with Krobelus too. such easy hero to play with. as for the strength i do believe Skel King should be included. on Agi, i agree with drow and maybe AM too?
    you won't like me when i'm angry birds of the same feather flocks together.

yeah i said crystal maiden earlier. also add queen of pain. she might have 4 active skills but she is so easy to play.

ChimaeraOne's Cookie Reputation: 25

Quote Originally Posted by sinfullfears View Post
    also phantom lancer is so beginner and op. you auto attack for illusions u have an invis and a slow/nuke so can't get easier than that. also bristle is beginner friendly i think. u have a stacking slow/armor shredder and a spammable stacking attack and a passive ult.
    PL isn't easy. He's easy to play but if you're a beginner, chances are you are complete shit at last hitting. I don't enjoy playing 4vs5 for 50 minutes until he can catch up.

QoP isn't easy either. If you mistime your blink, chances are you're going to get punished for it. She's strong in the right hands, not so much otherwise.

Bongo Crazy Kong Reputation: 11

Quote Originally Posted by Wintersun View Post
    PL isn't easy. He's easy to play but if you're a beginner, chances are you are complete shit at last hitting. I don't enjoy playing 4vs5 for 50 minutes until he can catch up.

QoP isn't easy either. If you mistime your blink, chances are you're going to get punished for it. She's strong in the right hands, not so much otherwise.

Well you can pretty much take off most of the Agility heroes since last hitting is so essential and with most new players it will be pretty hard.

But at lower skill levels where wards and dust are barely used PL can get away scotch free and continue endless farming for days on end until he becomes un-killable.

I also think Gyrocopter is a pretty easy hero to pick up as well, but my only concern with most new players is their awareness to ganks and ganking with some of the heroes out there. Some easy to play heroes are so heavily reliant on gank kills to make them snowball, in a hand of a new player who has no idea when to gank they are pretty much dead weight.
    Junior Member of the Swine of Golden Hue
    WoodinYmir: Magic Exo lvl. 4x
    Trigger..MOE: Female Mechanic lvl. 4x

http://gh.ffshrine.org/?r=50606
    Click for all your gaming music needs. It has most if not all OSTs released.

also beginners shouldn't play mid. they will never leave mid, they won't buy a bottle, they won't rune control, and they will get greedy and get ganked.

Phantom's Freak Reputation: 75

dat fnatic

Game Journalist Reputation: 53

Thanks for the suggestions and feedback. I will update it after my Wednesday exam, been stuck studying and only really turn on Dota to watch Tournament Vods while doing practice problems.

Game Journalist Reputation: 53

The following heroes were removed from the suggested hero list: Bane, Earthshaker, Disruptor, Slark, Riki, and Magnus.

Added: Death Prophet and Crystal Maiden.

I'm still debating over the other carry suggestions like Phantom Lancer, Drow and Gyrocopter. These heroes require farm. Drow maybe not so much but after the change even her passive goes away if she is too close. Besides, they are very squishy heroes. I added Crystal Maiden after the suggestion but did not do so before because of her very slow movement speed. But if other people feel she is fine for beginner, she belongs on the list.

As for not going middle, beginners will be queued against other beginners meaning that atleast one beginner will have to go mid. The matchmaking system works pretty well from my experience, but maybe that is only due to the higher rankings. Not sure how it is in the lower brackets.

Page 24 of 84 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474 ... LastLast