Dota 2: Discussion

Page 2 of 74 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    SuperKenshin's Servent Reputation: 47

Dota 2 is much harder to play and master than LoL, this is probably the main reason why LoL it's so popular...it's easy to get started and average/hard to master.

Either way, I've played Dota 2 a year ago and the game is great, you don't have to buy heroes, runes, pages, so it kinda removes the Pay buttom and focuses entirely on the gameplay. Let's just say MOBAs are not really my thing but I enjoyed playing a couple of games every now and then.

Baby Bowsers Soiled Diaper Reputation: 36

Here's how I see it. LoL = New hero = OP
    DOTA 2 = New Hero = L2P

I also think that DOTA's UI is more organize. The main tops on DOTA is that. You can use items on your allies, and denying.
    I lol'd when people say that DOTA 2 copied LoL. xD. I tried getting my friends into DOTA, but sadly they prefer LoL. I hope that probably in 1 or 2 years when the game is released they will join. I like LoL too, but after playing DOTA for so long. LoL just looks like garbage. Also ingame VOIP+Voice commands.
    Last edited by moizeus; 02-09-2013 at 01:04 PM.

SuperKenshin's Servent Reputation: 47

The main issue is that LoL is very easy to learn, and people learned champions as they were being released. If you play Dota 2 and you never played Dota 1, first you have to learn about every single champion which is very hard and time consuming because there are very complex champions and different builds unlike in LoL where every champ pretty much has one "OP" commonly used build. A good example is Evoker, very hard champion to play.
    Then you have to learn what to buy and how/when to buy, which is also much harder to learn.

The gameplay is also completely different, LoL is based on last hitting mobs for quite a few minutes (or half game) while in Dota 2 you have to last hit and deny enemy creeps/towers which requires much more skill. It's also more gank based and not so much last hitting in a passive way.

That being said, Dota 2 is not newbie friendly and takes a lot of time to get started and i'd say years to master it unless you played Dota 1. In LoL however you can learn everything very fast and somewhat master the game in a few months at most.
    Last edited by Adamaris; 02-09-2013 at 01:58 PM.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 344

Baby Bowsers Soiled Diaper Reputation: 36

Is it actually still beta or whatever?
    I got like over 100 invites for that dota2 and keep getting more for whatever reason

HopeDagger's Henchman Reputation: 26

Someone give me an invite for Dota 2? People keep saying they'll send me one but never end up doing it

I'm sure I'll rape in this game though because I play HON
    Last edited by Eusnon; 02-09-2013 at 06:29 PM.

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

For people that want invites for dota 2
    1.Create steam account
    2.Add this guy on friends dota2bot (search on steam dota2bot) i can't post the link
    3Send him the message "give dota"
    4.Enjoy

Game Journalist Reputation: 53

Quote Originally Posted by nubcandy View Post
    i find dota heroes a lot more interesting but i really miss smartcast and no turn speed anyway, if some1 wanna play with me(im still a baddie only about 50games) add me on steam : nubcandy
    Smartcast can be activated through a custom script. Once you learn some console commands, there is a lot you can do with it.

I don't really get why people use smart cast though, but everyone plays differently.

Quote Originally Posted by janii View Post
    Is it actually still beta or whatever?
    I got like over 100 invites for that dota2 and keep getting more for whatever reason
    I doubt it will be out of beta until they have ported over all heroes and created a good tutorial. The tutorial is a work in progress as seen by some of the game files, it's like a questing map which guides new players through it teaching them to play. This really is needed because of DOTA's learning curve.

- Alpha Stages

Insert Forgotten Title here Reputation: 118

100% nothing to do with the in-game, but still: http://heroclix.com/announcements/do...#axzz2KNtJtjkP

DotA2 tabletop, yo.

[19:45] ♥Moloko Lynx♥: Flight sims would even suit you, Riz. You seem to have the sensibilities of an old man.
    Member since May 8, 2004.

500+ Posts???? Reputation: 10

10/10 Will play. Then again, most of my money goes to MTG anyways.

Page 2 of 74 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast