Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Dota 2: Discussion

Forum PvPer Reputation: 610

Quote Originally Posted by Wintersun View Post
    That's because Dr00d needs a solo lane. He can do fine in a 1vs2 scenario depending on the amtch up, he's great in 1v1 and can even do 1vs3 if you use your bear to pull creeps under your tower and last hit there. Get Tranquils on your hero, Orb of Venom on bear and once you hit 6, you can jungle pretty efficiently with your ult + tranquils. If you want, you can go Radiance into AC or a Maelstorm/Mjollnir + AC.

He needs a lot of farm and a bit of micro on the bear during fights though.
    a solo syllabear in a 1v2 situation, depending on match up, can kill with just an orb on the bear. soo stupid damage at lv 3.

Bongo Crazy Kong Reputation: 11

Personally I prefer Nai'x. Decent jungle potential and stupid carry potential.

Free BKB? Sign me up! Free lifesteal? EVEN BETTER! Ability to go inside of other heroes and creeps? I LOVE THIS!?!?!?!

Also I really love/hate Drow. If she's on my team I love her for her aura and her retarded damage, if she's not I hate her for the same exact thing.

http://dotabuff.com/heroes/winning

Pretty much tells you how busted she is if her win rate is nearing 60%. Still waiting on those Drow nerfs.
    Junior Member of the Swine of Golden Hue
    WoodinYmir: Magic Exo lvl. 4x
    Trigger..MOE: Female Mechanic lvl. 4x

http://gh.ffshrine.org/?r=50606
    Click for all your gaming music needs. It has most if not all OSTs released.

Quote Originally Posted by Mi-Ki View Post
    Personally I prefer Nai'x. Decent jungle potential and stupid carry potential.

Free BKB? Sign me up! Free lifesteal? EVEN BETTER! Ability to go inside of other heroes and creeps? I LOVE THIS!?!?!?!

Also I really love/hate Drow. If she's on my team I love her for her aura and her retarded damage, if she's not I hate her for the same exact thing.

http://dotabuff.com/heroes/winning

Pretty much tells you how busted she is if her win rate is nearing 60%. Still waiting on those Drow nerfs.
    naix is honestly a terrible jungler. though jumping inside a creep and waiting for unsuspecting soul is fun as heck.

Shadowsworn's Sandwich Reputation: 64

naix with a Storm spirit who as bloodstone, nothing like jumping half way across the map.
    SURPRISE

Game Journalist Reputation: 95

Naix jungles way too slow compared to decent junglers. Farms a lot faster if properly supported in a lane.

As for the question about needing invites, I have some more left so simply send me a message and you can give them out to our friends. My Steam ID can be found in the group.

And yes, it is supposed to be a Dota 2 discussion thread and keep other similar games out but that does not seem to be possible... At this point it is fine as no real wars have started but if it gets too much I will have to get mods to delete some posts.

Edit: Also, OnRPG's column covering new major patches (those with new heroes, game modes, etc.) will begin starting next week. It will be similar to my previous HoN column and will be updated into the OP.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 344

Quote Originally Posted by Candyholic View Post
    naix is honestly a terrible jungler. though jumping inside a creep and waiting for unsuspecting soul is fun as heck.
    BULL! Lifestealer is a great jungler because there is a 100% guarantee that he can't die from neutrals. Literally anyone can use Lifestealer without worrying about neutrals killing them off. Sure, you'll have to worry about other heroes, but that's how most jungs work. Mid-late game he wont have any worries. Lane AND jung at the same time and he does great.

It's not that he will die. He is just slower than others. Jungling might seem favourable to newer Naix players at first as you can't miss any last hits in the jungle but if you can last hit well, he will farm a lot​ faster in lane.

Quote Originally Posted by Jin-Roh View Post
    BULL! Lifestealer is a great jungler because there is a 100% guarantee that he can't die from neutrals. Literally anyone can use Lifestealer without worrying about neutrals killing them off. Sure, you'll have to worry about other heroes, but that's how most jungs work. Mid-late game he wont have any worries. Lane AND jung at the same time and he does great.
    he is REALLY ****ing slow. like stupid slow until ~5, and literally anyone can come and bully you in the jungle and force you out of it.
    laning and jungling at the same time implies someone will be heavily gimped.

Quote Originally Posted by Abubakr View Post
    It's not that he will die. He is just slower than others. Jungling might seem favourable to newer Naix players at first as you can't miss any last hits in the jungle but if you can last hit well, he will farm a lot​ faster in lane.
    That's what I'm trying to say. He is a guaranteed successful jung, which makes him good because anyone can play him. So I consider him good due to ease of use. Probably the easiest hero to learn with that said.

Ah. So it just depends on what each of us define to be a good jungler. I personally include fast jungler inside good jungler but to you a good jungler does not necessarily have to be fast.

`Doll's Dishwasher Reputation: 46

somehow I'll always see Drow as basically newb's first carry. Yeah she has an AoE silence and a toggle permaslow and two passive damage buffs, but when ya look at the other carries and what they can do, she just feels...meh.
    Messing around.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerov View Post
    somehow I'll always see Drow as basically newb's first carry. Yeah she has an AoE silence and a toggle permaslow and two passive damage buffs, but when ya look at the other carries and what they can do, she just feels...meh.
    :O

Drow is really strong. Although her global pushing machine got nerfed, still very powerful. I'm looking forward to when she gets added to the draft.

Drow is really strong. Although her global pushing machine got nerfed, still very powerful. I'm looking forward to when she gets added to the draft.
    In my defense though, I'm used to say: Lone Druid, Shadow Fiend, Meepo, CK, FV, and Viper. So basically carries that bring more utility to the team or are just weird. Don't doubt she's stupidly strong if the official forums are to be believed.
    Messing around.

Drow is really strong.
    Yeah, she really is.

Quote Originally Posted by Jin-Roh View Post
    That's what I'm trying to say. He is a guaranteed successful jung, which makes him good because anyone can play him. So I consider him good due to ease of use. Probably the easiest hero to learn with that said.
    how, exactly, is he guaranteed a successful jungle if the enemy is slightly competent? ward the two easy camps, BOOM, naix can't jungle without going back after every camp.
    ward the middle of the forest, see low naix, send dual lane - gg free kill.
    idk it's just stupid easy to stop him, and you'll see why when you get to play with more competent players.

Game Journalist Reputation: 490

Just played a pretty awesome game as Lich. I died a few times early game, but I was dominating or something like that towards the end of the game.

Edit: Also, the enemy team had Drow Ranger and she was stupid strong. I guess she had maxed out her attack speed and life steal, as the only way to kill her (between her ability to nearly instantly fill up her HP from life steal and her ability to go invisible) was to put out a lot of DPS before she had a chance to cloak. She was the only person, after early game, who could kill me.
    Last edited by ApocaRUFF; 02-12-2013 at 09:55 PM.
    "....However, as with all things, you will encounter the odd retard and or ******."
    -Cingal
    -------(New Video!)------------------------(New Post!)[4/12]----------(Updated for ArcheAge!)[4/28]
    Youtube Channel | Twitch | Gaming Blog | Amitabha Gaming Guild

somehow I feel bad for Brand's ult when you see Lich's. It's like "This is what your ult COULD be, and would make you more useful." But I dunno, just want the more quirky champs to feel better and used more. Probably the only LoL & DOTA 2 thing I'll say.

That aside, agree with N'aix being a meh jungler. He can, but gets so low early on so he's begging for a disruption from somewhere. Heck, Nerfnow! poked fun at him with a random Mirana arrow into the jungle. Still a great champ though.
    Messing around.

Quote Originally Posted by ApocaRUFF View Post
    Just played a pretty awesome game as Lich. I died a few times early game, but I was dominating or something like that towards the end of the game.

Edit: Also, the enemy team had Drow Ranger and she was stupid strong. I guess she had maxed out her attack speed and life steal, as the only way to kill her (between her ability to nearly instantly fill up her HP from life steal and her ability to go invisible) was to put out a lot of DPS before she had a chance to cloak. She was the only person, after early game, who could kill me.
    Here's the thing about Drow Ranger.

Her two passives give her an INSANE amount of damage. Once she has both of them maxed out she pretty much gets a free Daedalus dmg wise, and can wreck a lot of heroes in the mid-game going into late. The best thing you can do against her and other carrys is to gank her repeatedly, I can't tell how agonizing it is to be wrecking the other team and then end up having a Drow come out of nowhere and wreck everyone because she was allowed free farm in the safe lane.

Also it seems to me building hand of midas is the new hot stuff to do on the carry which makes a ton of sense when I think about it in retrospect.

This is coming from a conversation I had with Wintersun. I brought up the idea of continuously ganking but Drow will eventually get some farm some how. If you focus entirely on her, then the rest of her team can strong and push.

For me it's personally to have sufficient CC on her and kill her before she can fight. So I guess you have to have a team built to counter her or items to counter her. But that said, the opposing team will also have a team built for Drow.

Really looking forward to her in competitive play and see how she is handled or played.

Cloud's Hair Spray Reputation: 10

if anyone would like to party add me on steam = gunthology , I'm new to dota2 been playing it for the past few days. I'm actually doing better and better every game , heck i even carried a game to victory with skeleton king xD

This is coming from a conversation I had with Wintersun. I brought up the idea of continuously ganking but Drow will eventually get some farm some how. If you focus entirely on her, then the rest of her team can strong and push.

For me it's personally to have sufficient CC on her and kill her before she can fight. So I guess you have to have a team built to counter her or items to counter her. But that said, the opposing team will also have a team built for Drow.

Really looking forward to her in competitive play and see how she is handled or played.

The only problem with the sufficient CC is, if the Drow player is competent enough. She would already have that lovely BKB ready when everyone attempts to blow their CC loads all over her. When I'm with friends we usually pick at least one hero with strong ganks and proceed to gank her over and over again with the same hero, although there are some ults that go through BKB.

The problem with Drow is she just a WIN/WIN hero. If the other team focuses her, it gives her teammates time to farm and push. If they don't it gives her time to farm and get fat. You can argue that with a lot of carrys, but the fact that she has a large amount of dmg from just her passives alone makes her a stronger pick.

Ah yes. BKB. She can get it really fast and still have damage because of passives...

so note to self: don't take Visage when enemy has DP. Didn't know her ult was physical damage till I mysteriously lost a familiar three times while she was around. Good news though, remote controlled familiars saved a few lives and got me a kill while I was dead.

following game had plenty of surprisebuttsex Shadow Fiend ults, which further reminds me why I like him so much.
    Messing around.

HopeDagger's Henchman Reputation: 24

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo0110 View Post

Pretty much my experience with furion.. Farm the jungle till 30 mins get Monkey King bar, Desolator + Daedalus or w/e it's called and 2 shot everything
    Quote Originally Posted by whitey View Post
    random tinker
    get sheep stick
    Perma sheep someone
    watch them get annoyed that they cant do anything
    hes one of the best jungler lol, others need mana or massive amount of hp regen ex,lycan,enigma,furion,huskar,centaur,axe, hence delaying u getting ur core items

drow is not even that OP.. decent team can kill drow easily

That goes both ways. A decent drow can kill a team.

Of course all are arguments are not that she's not kill able. She is just a very strong carry.