Dota 2: Discussion

Page 31 of 86 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181 ... LastLast
    Bladin's Sword Sharpener Reputation: 24

i think most bann will magnus or least played would be magnus,
    for TI they dont use common line up as in normal tourneys now..

chieftain will be picked quite often imo due to the 3rd passive, most pick would be rubick..
    wisp least picked

Game Journalist Reputation: 75

The OnRPG tournament is still in my mind. Initially I said sometime June but this might be pushed to July due to me organizing another event in June. Don't want to juggle two events and end up hurting them both.

This does have some advantage as while some of us might be free from school, those in high school won't be done until July.

What made Slark so popular now?

hard to gang, good burst dmg, dont really need item to own early game even mid game.. due to 3rd skill
    and his item build is quite broad u can have mostly anything on him n its still good..
    you dont have to go back to base at all with him, just one of those annoying heroes hahah

Yeah. I love how the heroes never change but they get picked at a later date. Valve doesn't need to keep balancing, people just pick up on the heroes.

Bongo Crazy Kong Reputation: 10

he would usually be picked in pubs. usually pub matches have less team coordination resulting for unsuccessful skill initiations and ganks. Killing Slark would be really hard if that's the case
    Last edited by arfmaster; 05-16-2013 at 02:29 AM.
    you won't like me when i'm angry birds of the same feather flocks together.

ChimaeraOne's Cookie Reputation: 25

Slark's been okay I guess. I think the main reason why it worked is because people were not used to play against him. Notice how it's the only way aL was winning during the qualifiers. He's kinda elusive, a bit like Puck. Silences fugg him up if he can'.t get Dark Pact off before.

Quote Originally Posted by arfmaster View Post
    he would usually be picked in pubs. usually pub matches have less team coordination resulting for unsuccessful skill initiations and ganks. Killing Slark would be really hard if that's the case
    this is wrong, i see more pub games with slark that gets owned due to support getting sentry/dust and do some about the slark more than in this kind of tournaments tbh..

the heroes that valve need to somehow fix are broodmother, meepo these 2 the least picked while theyre still the same as in dota 1 but somehow different, no one uses them anymore, BM is a very simple hero to use yet no one uses him all you do is cast ulti hit thats all..he's also a naix counter but no one uses him.. everyoone knows how OP his ulti is and his 3rd skill yet no one uses him..

ChimaeraOne's Cookie Reputation: 25

Quote Originally Posted by Skarcrow View Post
    this is wrong, i see more pub games with slark that gets owned due to support getting sentry/dust and do some about the slark more than in this kind of tournaments tbh..

the heroes that valve need to somehow fix are broodmother, meepo these 2 the least picked while theyre still the same as in dota 1 but somehow different, no one uses them anymore, BM is a very simple hero to use yet no one uses him all you do is cast ulti hit thats all..he's also a naix counter but no one uses him.. everyoone knows how OP his ulti is and his 3rd skill yet no one uses him..
    Brood is pretty easy to counter. She fits in strong pushing/split pushing line ups. The main problem is that spiderlings give so much gold and aren't that hard to get rid of. She's strong, but she just doesn't fit in the current team's playstyle.

Kind of surprised to see EG get knocked out...

Page 31 of 86 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181 ... LastLast