Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 25333435

Thread: Dota 2: Discussion

Game Journalist Reputation: 95

I think it is possible to balance a MOBA 100%. This is because strategies can be used to go against other strategies. While one hero might seem to have a bigger advantage, there is nothing stopping a team from picking around that. What I'm trying to say is that while all matches may not be balanced, this is not because the game is not balanced. It could be due to incorrect choices made by players when it comes to playing and drafting. I'm not talking about Dota being 100% balanced since that is very hard. But theoretically, I don't see why it cannot happen.

HopeDagger's Henchman Reputation: 24

tbh dota is quite balance now, but its the gold/exp comeback is hugeeee, i was on 500 gold kill 1 guy with mega kill streak i have 2.7k after lol

They did nerf it a bit now, hopefully it is better and people start playing more aggressive again.

http://store.steampowered.com/news/14529/

Forum PvPer Reputation: 610

Quote Originally Posted by Abubakr View Post
    They did nerf it a bit now, hopefully it is better and people start playing more aggressive again.

http://store.steampowered.com/news/14529/
    it's pretty much back to how it was pre-patch now, slightly higher though, which is good.

Been taking a break from Dota 2 for a while now and playing CS:GO. I do a game or two every couple of weeks but might get back into it... So many new things to get used to again lol.

Eriond's Egotist Reputation: 35

They just released a mini patch 6.85. they couldn't do anything huge cause there are 2 big tournaments coming up but after those we will get 6.86 which will be a huge overhaul patch.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 41

I think it is possible to balance a MOBA 100%. This is because strategies can be used to go against other strategies. While one hero might seem to have a bigger advantage, there is nothing stopping a team from picking around that. What I'm trying to say is that while all matches may not be balanced, this is not because the game is not balanced. It could be due to incorrect choices made by players when it comes to playing and drafting. I'm not talking about Dota being 100% balanced since that is very hard. But theoretically, I don't see why it cannot happen.
    well dude...dota is balanced actually. I play dota for 12 years now (Including one too) and dota 2 made a huge jump
    even befor the reborn time. It is balanced and only noobs or people with less experience are complaining ^^
    I mean..every single hero is good and if you know how to react on certain situations and so on you will be fine.

Its the same bullshit when people pick ES to counter PL and the team with PL says GG....seriously dat is ****ing
    brainless. A good PL player who is better than his enemy can still own ES and everyone else. It depends
    actually more on the player then on the game. Skill
    http://www.onrpg.com/boards/avatars/fenix40k.gif?type=sigpic&dateline=1268643051

"That's why I love OnRPG, we can spend two pages
    about arguing about swimming."

That is true, fenix40k. Sometimes a hero or comp may seem overpowered, but over time people get used to it and figure out how to play against it. If everything was on the same level always, there would be no competition. It's always interesting to see new compositions and strategies come out, be considered OP, dominate everyone, and then be countered in the future. Keeps the game interesting and ensures that all pros are always thinking of new ways to win.