Dota 2: Discussion

Page 4 of 84 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
    Game Journalist Reputation: 53

I was thinking before about hosting a fun OnRPG tournament. Most likely during the summer after school is off the radar. Just need to know if people would be interested.

`Doll's Dishwasher Reputation: 46

so something I was meaning to post, I wanted to add on to the pool of newb-friendly champs for people just starting the game. Forgive me if I say something that was already mentioned. They are:

Drow Ranger (the Ashe of the game if you're from LoL)
    Luna
    Viper
    Clinkz
    Slardar
    Skeleton King
    Ursa
    Crystal Maiden
    Messing around.

500+ Posts???? Reputation: 10

I'd be interested

Eriond's Egotist Reputation: 48

I have about 15 invites for dota2 Just pm Your Email or steam . Got to add you as a friends for gifts, or Send directly to your Email

Bongo Crazy Kong Reputation: 11

Quote Originally Posted by Jerov View Post
    so something I was meaning to post, I wanted to add on to the pool of newb-friendly champs for people just starting the game. Forgive me if I say something that was already mentioned. They are:

Drow Ranger (the Ashe of the game if you're from LoL)
    Luna
    Viper
    Clinkz
    Slardar
    Skeleton King
    Ursa
    Crystal Maiden
    i'll add on this list:

Strength Heroes:
    Sven - Has an AOE-stun and two buffs that make him extremely strong. Also has a free battlefury as a passive.
    Sand King - Has an AOE-stun, invis, and a amazing ult that can destroy teams.
    Axe - Has a passive counter that causes him to do a 360 AOE attack around, the only hero to have a taunt in DOTA, a very annoying and damaging DOT spell, and Darius's ult.
    Tidehunder - Range single target slow/armor debuff and an amazing AOE stun/pop-up ultimate.
    Skeleton King - Has only one active skill and it's targeted.
    Nightstalker - One of the best gankers in the game. Single target nuke/slow, longest silence in the game during night phase.
    Undying - He's a zombie who summons more zombies. Has an AOE sap spell that can steal the enemy's STR stat and makes him stronger.

Agility Heroes:
    I wouldn't recommend new players to learn any carrys starting out. If the other team is competent they will gank you relentlessly and make you hate the game. Although there are some easy to play carry heroes in DOTA, but if you seriously want to learn the ins and outs of the game its better to learn these types of heroes until much later on.

Intelligence Heroes:
    Crystal Maiden - An AOE-slow, a root, a mana regen passive, and a decent AOE ult.
    Windrunner - Low cooldown skills with amazing utility. Ranged stun that can hit up to two heroes at the same time stunning them for nearly 4 seconds, a line nuke that can snipe enemy heroes and clear creep waves, and finally an amazing escape skill that makes her immune to all physical attacks. Here's a tip though, most players ignore her ult until last as her other spells are just that damn good.
    Orge Magi - A bit of a luck based hero, but has a great nuke and dot, also has Nunu's blood boil from league.
    Lich - Can restore his mana by denying creeps, has a nuke/slow, and has Brand's ult but 100x better.
    Lion - He has two types of CC skills, one amazing single target nuke, and a skill that can drain mana and restore it to himself.

My advise for new players, pay attention to the map, if you are playing support buy wards and keep the rune spots warded at all times, learn how to pull the jungle creep and do stacks. ALWAYS have a TP scroll with you at all costs, ALWAYS!!!!!! When the game starts buy tangos and a healing salve, tangoes for heal overtime, salves for a large amount of HP when you're extremely low.
    Junior Member of the Swine of Golden Hue
    WoodinYmir: Magic Exo lvl. 4x
    Trigger..MOE: Female Mechanic lvl. 4x

http://gh.ffshrine.org/?r=50606
    Click for all your gaming music needs. It has most if not all OSTs released.

Master Chief's Windex Reputation: 18

I play Dota 2 a lot and am actually doing team matchmakings, if any of you need tips or keys just ask for it.

I'll update the OP when I get some time and include suggested heroes.

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 19

It was already said but I would like to point that out AGAIN-
    You really need to get used to Dota2 and it will get frustrating for sure (!), but once you learned it atleast a bit, you going to have sooooo much fun. I played about 100 matches, my first 50 matches weren't that good and I was most likely feeding and kept dying, but once I learned the heroes, the skills and the items I did way better!

I was an active League of Legends Player, but now I'm just finding myself getting bored in LoL, because its soooo much simpler than Dota2 is.

Yeah, the initial learning curve is a big factor to if players will stick around. Coupled with some rude players that get annoyed (which is reasonable as one player can ruin the game, but still they should be nice about it) I really hope that Valve's tutorial system is decent. Already there bot AI is very nice and can provide great practice for new players.

Game Journalist Reputation: 407

I might play a game tonight. Not sure. This thread makes me want to, tho :P
    "....However, as with all things, you will encounter the odd retard and or asshole."
    -Cingal
    -------(New Video!)------------------------(New Post!)[8/13]----------(Updated for ArcheAge!)[4/28]
    Youtube Channel | Twitch | Gaming Blog | Amitabha Gaming Guild

Page 4 of 84 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast