Dota 2: Discussion

Page 68 of 86 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast
    Game Journalist Reputation: 75

Sorry, I posted it at 12:15AM, so it should have been today.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 366

I am afraid to get the Legion Commander arcana item because I feel like she will be nerfed in the ground. Played only one game so far though. In any, even barely, competent hands you can roll faces. But she can be easily shut down with team effort. Still, her ultimate damage gain will be nerfed for sure, her passive will either become a unique modifier or the lifesteal percentage significantly lowered.
    For a carry who can snowball hard she also has a very high mana pool. I felt like I can spam my spells without worrying much about depleting my mana. So maybe INT gain nerf too.

She doesn't really seem to be too strong requiring hard nerfs. Once people figure out how to play against her, she is fine.

I am starting to feel that ranked matches are bigger cesspool than normal. Been matched with either people who play like it's their very first game in the genre or trolls who drop my items out of courier in who-knows-what locations just for their amusement.

Stacked teams also seem to enjoy trolling more too (never encountered such situations before), same thing with item dropping. I've had enough after 10 minutes of arguing with rustards and just started feeding and threw the game. Ranked MM really tests my patience so far.

Will probably return to Wraith Night to keep farming Frozen rares.

EDIT: Is there a rough estimate of the skill "tiers" based on MMR yet?
    Last edited by marcipaans; 12-18-2013 at 01:49 PM.

5% 1100
    10% 1500
    25% 2000
    50% 2250
    75% 2731
    90% 3200
    95% 3900
    99% 4100
    Those are the percentiles, as in if you have 4100 MMR or more, you're above 99% of the players. This was released for the normal MMR, so it may not reflect exactly for ranked but it is a good comparison.

So basically I am better than 95% people? I find it hard to believe.

EDIT:
    Found a tier list which is more precise, still kinda rough estimates.

Clay: 0-2299

Wood: 2300-2799

Bronze: 2800-3099

Silver: 3000-3599

Gold: 3600-4099

Platinum: 4100-4599

Diamond: 4600-5099

Silicon: 5100+
    Last edited by marcipaans; 12-19-2013 at 01:23 AM.

Yeah, the majority of the players don't know what they're doing (not being offensive, people know how to play, just not as well). However, when you do get to the higher MMRs, there is still a huge difference in skill. Two players in the same percentile might not even be comparable in skill.

Also, high MMR does not necessarily mean you are good. Some players can get carried up there but it does tend to get balanced out after hundreds of games.

Raiyne's Rock Band Reputation: 47

Quote Originally Posted by Abubakr View Post
    Yeah, the majority of the players don't know what they're doing (not being offensive, people know how to play, just not as well). However, when you do get to the higher MMRs, there is still a huge difference in skill. Two players in the same percentile might not even be comparable in skill.

Also, high MMR does not necessarily mean you are good. Some players can get carried up there but it does tend to get balanced out after hundreds of games.
    I think the problem is that people queue as teams and that brings up their ratings because a mediocre group of three or more people will generally always win against an uncoordinated group of 3. Also you get a lot of flamers who make it through a lot of the early tiers and don't get reported because they're playing with 2-3 other people which pretty much only leaves 1 or 2 people to report them. The number of people I see who just give up 10 minutes into the game and just afk is way too high. It'd be nice if the game would let you screen out people reported for that type of behavior that would be nice.

Yeah, that is an unfortunate problem and quite difficult to solve correctly. That's why I tend to always play with a party, makes the game a lot more enjoyable when teams are willing to keep playing even after lost fights.

What do you guys think about Purges team? Zephyr.

Page 68 of 86 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast