Dota 2: Discussion

Page 73 of 86 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583 ... LastLast
    Cingal's Collar Reputation: 58

Drow is good, but not great... I find she goes along the line of Sniper, they're easy to play but not great
    Ice arrow -> Viper is better for that
    +% more damage for range people -> Nevermore and Weaver do that for everyone
    Silence/push -> Kinda a saving grace.... but again BKB/Linkens is common on carries and does nothing to save you
    +agi -> 400 range... really so 225 range from your attack range, this seems like a bad version of clinks 1-2 combo +120 attack speed and 60 physical damage no matter how close you are

again the problem with her is BKB/Magic Immunity/Link stops her and has really no good way to deal with the silly if well played carries, and someone in your face makes you loose a very important skill

Weaver with 2 second down time stealth, who 99% of the time will get a linky so stealthing him who will generally be behind you will cause you to waste silence and him to shacuchi, his - armour isn't stoped by BKB since it's physical

Windrunner without a BKB is just a dumb windrunner, you either get truehit so you can hit her or she gets the super mario star for 5 seconds and pelting you with max attack speed hits

But eh I mostly play support, I just win as Chen... WOO CHEN TOP TIER MOTHER ****ING SUPPORT!
    Last edited by Gadiel; 02-16-2014 at 09:34 PM.
    600$ PC (not including HD and Case since using previous one)

Windows 7 (Direct X Awesomeness)
    Intel I5 2400 1355 Socket (210$)
    HD 5770 x2 (got them on sale) (200$)
    8 GB of Ram (60$)
    PCI Sound card 7.1 (40$)
    Motherboard (60$)

Game Journalist Reputation: 75

She definitely isn't one of the better carries because of how easily she can get shutdown, but a lot of fun to play, at least for me. Any team that won't let her attack causes her to be useless, you just need one person to get in her face and cut off her ultimate.

Manic's Maniacal Machine Reputation: 17

I don't like Drow pickers in my games. She's way too easy to shut down.

Quote Originally Posted by Grable View Post
    I don't like Drow pickers in my games. She's way too easy to shut down.
    Is it because she's a bad viper or clinks?

Quote Originally Posted by Abubakr View Post
    She definitely isn't one of the better carries because of how easily she can get shutdown, but a lot of fun to play, at least for me. Any team that won't let her attack causes her to be useless, you just need one person to get in her face and cut off her ultimate.
    Or viper can Q you and you loose 40% of your move speed and attack speed also removing your Q

Seriously Viper is silly

50% magic resist, makes him bulky to burst
    His slows effect move speed and attack speed
    and his images proc the bonus damage from his W for 100% of it's damage? and his passive which slows on hit... he wins with spectre with heroes silly with images

seriously if you want a disgusting wind runner with BKB and crysalis

Enemy goes to focus you
    BKB,Wind run 5 seconds of both magic immunity and 100% evasion enjoy, and when you ult there is a chance you do full damage with your ult with 4 attack with a second with a 50% reduction is like picking up a double damage rune, now if you crit during that one second your damage spikes to
    50%/50%/87%/50% = 237% more damage then the number shown before armour and reduction.... then when you upgrade to delicious this spikes up to 50%/50%/120%/50% giving you = 270% more damage, also with how crit chance works (if you dont crit the +% increases even at 20% your guarenteed a 1/4 hits then with daed it's like every second hit or third causing a possible 170%/70%/170%/70% =280% to 340% more damage in a second, now

for 5 seconds your invulnerable doing a possible 280% to 340% of shown damage per second lets be fair and average it out to 310% more DPS per second and near impossible to interrupt
    Last edited by Gadiel; 02-17-2014 at 09:55 AM.

8 GB of Ram (60$)
    PCI Sound card 7.1 (40$)
    Motherboard (60$)

Raiyne's Rock Band Reputation: 47

Quote Originally Posted by Gadiel View Post
    Is it because she's a bad viper or clinks?

Or viper can Q you and you loose 40% of your move speed and attack speed also removing your Q

Seriously Viper is silly

50% magic resist, makes him bulky to burst
    His slows effect move speed and attack speed
    and his images proc the bonus damage from his W for 100% of it's damage? and his passive which slows on hit... he wins with spectre with heroes silly with images

seriously if you want a disgusting wind runner with BKB and crysalis

Enemy goes to focus you
    BKB,Wind run 5 seconds of both magic immunity and 100% evasion enjoy, and when you ult there is a chance you do full damage with your ult with 4 attack with a second with a 50% reduction is like picking up a double damage rune, now if you crit during that one second your damage spikes to
    50%/50%/87%/50% = 237% more damage then the number shown before armour and reduction.... then when you upgrade to delicious this spikes up to 50%/50%/120%/50% giving you = 270% more damage, also with how crit chance works (if you dont crit the +% increases even at 20% your guarenteed a 1/4 hits then with daed it's like every second hit or third causing a possible 170%/70%/170%/70% =280% to 340% more damage in a second, now

for 5 seconds your invulnerable doing a possible 280% to 340% of shown damage per second lets be fair and average it out to 310% more DPS per second and near impossible to interrupt
    If you're that farmed then the game is probably already over or their carries would have gotten MKB by that point to counter windrun. Also windrunner is incrediby squishy so as soon as your BKB or windrun runs out you're pretty much dead.

Bladin's Sword Sharpener Reputation: 16

you pick the weirdest heros as the most overpowered heroes...

Quote Originally Posted by zipykido View Post
    If you're that farmed then the game is probably already over or their carries would have gotten MKB by that point to counter windrun. Also windrunner is incrediby squishy so as soon as your BKB or windrun runs out you're pretty much dead.
    so is drow? I mean if your going for carries with survivability there are three non str ones I can think of

-Viper = 50% magic resist + 25% attack and move speed slow if you hit him, +40% attack speed move speed slow if he hits you, +70% move speed and attack speed slow if he ults you,
    -Enchantress = Untouchable, Amazing slow and attack speed slow, has great stuns, deals true damage, Near impossible to kill without burst
    -Weaver = 2 second cooldown stealth, gemini attack and - armour
    -Clinks = Ultimate for more HP and damage then drow, Q for 10 seconds of having 3x drows ult at max level, W for 20+ more damage at the cost of mana, I mean he can run around with 3k hp only with boots and his ultimate, doesn't need to get a shadow blade

they're also better offensively and defensively

and Chrysalis and BKB arn't that that hard to get... and the thing is the whole enemy team wont be able to afford MKB's to hit you so oh no your again a carry who cant do any spell to push you back so she lost her ultimate, your slow does nothing to her, you cant knock her back and she's pummelling your hp

your also forgetting wind runner has one of the BEST stuns in the game, stunning two people for nearly 4 seconds is better then Silencing them for 6 as let's see I can name a bunch of heroes that don't care if you silence them

Night Stalker,Clinks (initiates onto you with his q and a silence,Lycan,Blood Seeker, Chaos Knight (again he initiates with everything) (he will silence himself and initiates with his only skill) also here is another list of champs who wont care

Rikimaru, Phantom Lancer, Naga Siren, Spectre,Slark (Diffusal Blade,Diffusal Blade,Diffusal Blade,Diffusal Blade,Q)

8 GB of Ram (60$)
    PCI Sound card 7.1 (40$)
    Motherboard (60$)

Raiyne's Rock Band Reputation: 47

Quote Originally Posted by Gadiel View Post
    so is drow? I mean if your going for carries with survivability there are three non str ones I can think of

-Viper = 50% magic resist + 25% attack and move speed slow if you hit him, +40% attack speed move speed slow if he hits you, +70% move speed and attack speed slow if he ults you,
    -Enchantress = Untouchable, Amazing slow and attack speed slow, has great stuns, deals true damage, Near impossible to kill without burst
    -Weaver = 2 second cooldown stealth, gemini attack and - armour
    -Clinks = Ultimate for more HP and damage then drow, Q for 10 seconds of having 3x drows ult at max level, W for 20+ more damage at the cost of mana, I mean he can run around with 3k hp only with boots and his ultimate, doesn't need to get a shadow blade

they're also better offensively and defensively

and Chrysalis and BKB arn't that that hard to get... and the thing is the whole enemy team wont be able to afford MKB's to hit you so oh no your again a carry who cant do any spell to push you back so she lost her ultimate, your slow does nothing to her, you cant knock her back and she's pummelling your hp.

your also forgetting wind runner has one of the BEST stuns in the game, stunning two people for nearly 4 seconds is better then Silencing them for 6 as let's see I can name a bunch of heroes that don't care if you silence them

Night Stalker,Clinks (initiates onto you with his q and a silence,Lycan,Blood Seeker, Chaos Knight (again he initiates with everything) (he will silence himself and initiates with his only skill) also here is another list of champs who wont care

Rikimaru, Phantom Lancer, Naga Siren, Spectre,Slark (Diffusal Blade,Diffusal Blade,Diffusal Blade,Diffusal Blade,Q)
    I wasn't comparing drow to wr, just the merits of wr alone. But since you brought it up, the benefits of drow is that you can get early farm much faster than wr. At least with drow as soon as you hit 6 and you have lifesteal you can farm jungle until you're snowballed a bit. WR stun is still a skillshot, the frequency that you see two people tethered in high rank matches is very low. At best you'll get 1 person 75% of the time, maybe 90% if you're really good about positioning. Also her ulti is only good for one target, so anybody with diffusal, illusions or escape mechanic can easily shut down dd builds.

If you're going to offlane I would go with clinkz over WR for most team compositions. It's insanely easy to sit in lane and gain levels until you're 6. Soul ring + death pact means you always have boosted or full hp to take over lane control and farm for orchid fast. Unless your team has 0 disables of course then WR wouldn't be the worst pick in the world but IMO you're better off getting positional items (phase, force staff) rather than a straight carry build.

Quote Originally Posted by zipykido View Post
    I wasn't comparing drow to wr, just the merits of wr alone. But since you brought it up, the benefits of drow is that you can get early farm much faster than wr. At least with drow as soon as you hit 6 and you have lifesteal you can farm jungle until you're snowballed a bit. WR stun is still a skillshot, the frequency that you see two people tethered in high rank matches is very low. At best you'll get 1 person 75% of the time, maybe 90% if you're really good about positioning. Also her ulti is only good for one target, so anybody with diffusal, illusions or escape mechanic can easily shut down dd builds.

If you're going to offlane I would go with clinkz over WR for most team compositions. It's insanely easy to sit in lane and gain levels until you're 6. Soul ring + death pact means you always have boosted or full hp to take over lane control and farm for orchid fast. Unless your team has 0 disables of course then WR wouldn't be the worst pick in the world but IMO you're better off getting positional items (phase, force staff) rather than a straight carry build.
    but now what happens if you have top tier jungle like life stealer, your going to nerf and steal the farm from top tier always banned life stealer? this team asks for a lot to steal the jungle especially with a LOT of top tier picks are jungles Life stealer, and Chen are exactly these... and have you seen what they did to wind runners it will favour the heroes now unlike before there could be nine million creeps between you and your ally and it will not always pick your ally and the aiming of it got easily buffed as it can be in a 25 degree angle to make her easier it seems, also hilariously windrunner can also jungle at one

8 GB of Ram (60$)
    PCI Sound card 7.1 (40$)
    Motherboard (60$)

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 366

Page 73 of 86 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583 ... LastLast