Dota 2: Discussion

Page 78 of 86 FirstFirst ... 28687677787980 ... LastLast
    Bladin's Sword Sharpener Reputation: 16

Quote Originally Posted by Senna View Post
    I've just tried DOTA2 with friends, and I have to say, the normal mode for playing (all pick) is absolutely terrible.

It's pretty obvious enemy teams are premades when they all don't pick heroes and wait till countdown is over. Once our team locks in, then they PAUSE the game multiple times to be able to discuss and counterpick without losing gold.

I'm pretty surprised this kind of exploit hasn't been fixed considering how popular DOTA2 is~

Pretty turned off playing this game with players, will probably just play some AI games wit friends I know. From my impressions from a few player matches, at least in SEA DOTA2 players are so toxic I can't stand it... I don't think I've enjoyed a single game wit enemy players thus far.
    ive never have that happen to me. when i 5 man with my casual friends or my competitive friends we always either random or choose whatever we want to play.

Game Journalist Reputation: 75

When there are no DCs you can unpause quite quickly to prevent stuff like this. It's pretty difficult to fix this exploit without making it an annoyance for the rest of the players who really need a pause. Best you can do is if they don't pick, don't lock-in until the last second. Then spam unpause unless there is a DC.

Or you could play Captains Mode/Draft or something like Random Draft, etc.

I haven't played for almost 2 weeks now. Been busy with other things and Mario Kart 8.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 366

Captains Mode/Draft is honestly pretty much the same shithole as AP, SD and so on. Chances of meeting more decent players is higher, but I wouldn't count on it.

Super Duper Uber Mega Ultra Extreme Reputation: 18

Quote Originally Posted by Abubakr View Post
    When there are no DCs you can unpause quite quickly to prevent stuff like this. It's pretty difficult to fix this exploit without making it an annoyance for the rest of the players who really need a pause. Best you can do is if they don't pick, don't lock-in until the last second. Then spam unpause unless there is a DC.

Or you could play Captains Mode/Draft or something like Random Draft, etc.

I haven't played for almost 2 weeks now. Been busy with other things and Mario Kart 8.
    It still takes roughly 10 seconds to deal with the pause. Having it happen 2-3 times gives them alot of time to decide~

Idk, my friends and I are casual. It seems all pick is the more popular option, so people are playing that. I do lock in only as the timer is running out, hence they pause so they can counterpick...

It's not really fair. People are so concerned about winning they won't even play fair, it's disgusting. I'm really unimpressed by the system so far. If people want to pause, make it so that everyone has to have selected a hero before you can pause. Either that or autorandom a hero for them at timer 0 seconds. It's stupid how people keep pausing jus to get the perfect team to counter yours.

If there truly is no workaround for this, I guess I'm never going to play DOTA2 against people.

Manic's Maniacal Machine Reputation: 17

It still takes roughly 10 seconds to deal with the pause. Having it happen 2-3 times gives them alot of time to decide~

Idk, my friends and I are casual. It seems all pick is the more popular option, so people are playing that. I do lock in only as the timer is running out, hence they pause so they can counterpick...

It's not really fair. People are so concerned about winning they won't even play fair, it's disgusting. I'm really unimpressed by the system so far. If people want to pause, make it so that everyone has to have selected a hero before you can pause. Either that or autorandom a hero for them at timer 0 seconds. It's stupid how people keep pausing jus to get the perfect team to counter yours.

If there truly is no workaround for this, I guess I'm never going to play DOTA2 against people.
    Really doesn't happen to me that often, strange.

Quote Originally Posted by Grable View Post
    Really doesn't happen to me that often, strange.
    It only really happens if the enemy are a 5 man premade (hence they really tryhard, they must be on voice?). But yea, even those games where there isn't pause-abuse I've not really enjoyed any due to other reasons (mostly ability abuse players who purposely kill their teammates and throw).

For example Nature's Prophet traps you in trees one time for the enemy to kill, can be a mistake. Twice, three times? Nope, that's on purpose. Same with people who abuse Force Staff~

Think I'll stick to bots for now.

It only really happens if the enemy are a 5 man premade (hence they really tryhard, they must be on voice?). But yea, even those games where there isn't pause-abuse I've not really enjoyed any due to other reasons (mostly ability abuse players who purposely kill their teammates and throw).

For example Nature's Prophet traps you in trees one time for the enemy to kill, can be a mistake. Twice, three times? Nope, that's on purpose. Same with people who abuse Force Staff~

Think I'll stick to bots for now.
    What's your MMR? I barely ever meet such trolls.

Quote Originally Posted by marcipaans View Post
    What's your MMR? I barely ever meet such trolls.
    I'm pretty new... how do I even check MMR?

Bladin's Sword Sharpener Reputation: 24

if ure that new you wont have MMR then, you need to be at certain lvl in game to get MMR, if ure playing normal matches yes u meet alot of idiots who just trolls if u want normal people then play MMR (ranked matchmaking) tho theyre more serious, ive seen someone noobed it he even say sorry i know i noobed it.

I'm pretty new... how do I even check MMR?
    Yeah, that's why you are getting ranked with terrible people probably. Once you establish solo MMR things should change for the better a lot.

Page 78 of 86 FirstFirst ... 28687677787980 ... LastLast