Dota 2: Discussion

Page 9 of 84 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast
    Bongo Crazy Kong Reputation: 11

Quote Originally Posted by Candyholic View Post
    i hate silencer, so useless until you've amassed a shit ton of gold and enter hard-carry mode.
    He's an amazing counter-pick against quite a few mid heroes. Ever since they revamped his skills and made his Last Word an amazingly annoying spell, he's an even better mid. Last Word is pretty much a win/win spell, either you cast one of your spells and take damage OR you don't cast anything take damage anyway AND get disarmed. Couple that with curse of the silent and there's goes all your precious mana.

Although I will say his ganks are ok at best, even with the global silence if there is no form of hard CC to help you kill the target its frustrating.

Force Staff, Orchid, Sheepstick and you're good! Hell if you have enough farm Ethereal Blade is rather fun on him also.
    Junior Member of the Swine of Golden Hue
    WoodinYmir: Magic Exo lvl. 4x
    Trigger..MOE: Female Mechanic lvl. 4x

http://gh.ffshrine.org/?r=50606
    Click for all your gaming music needs. It has most if not all OSTs released.

Game Journalist Reputation: 53

His ult is very frustrating to play against. Make all preparations, get ready to cast everything, then BAM. Whole team is silenced.

ChimaeraOne's Cookie Reputation: 25

TUSKAR ADDED TO TEST CLIENT!

Silencer into Tournament Captain's Mode
    Medusa to Captain's Mode.

Solid patch!

Awesome patch. I'll be working on patch coverage soon. What kind of things would you guys be interested in reading about?

I will include going over major changes and their effects, new hero (skills, strategy, thoughts) and general thoughts about the patch.

Lockhart’s are forever Reputation: 28

Quote Originally Posted by Mi-Ki View Post
    He's an amazing counter-pick against quite a few mid heroes.
    I agree he's one of those heroes that is amazing 1v1 mid, but I don't think that's enough for him to see competitive play (at least for becoming a stable pick) - current "midders" like TA or Batrider can easily react to the Curse of the Silent/Last Word without losing too much, and are much better at ganking, but still as a pick he's alright on mid

Force Staff, Orchid, Sheepstick and you're good! Hell if you have enough farm Ethereal Blade is rather fun on him also.
    I'd throw there also Rod of Atos, it's really an underappreciated item and gives a lot of HP and can be devastating. Rod of Atos as an alternative to Orchid I'd say because Force Staff is a must - Silencer is not really a mobile hero whatsoever.

Bongo Crazy Kong Reputation: 11

Quote Originally Posted by Arturnik5 View Post
    I agree he's one of those heroes that is amazing 1v1 mid, but I don't think that's enough for him to see competitive play (at least for becoming a stable pick) - current "midders" like TA or Batrider can easily react to the Curse of the Silent/Last Word without losing too much, and are much better at ganking, but still as a pick he's alright on mid

I'd throw there also Rod of Atos, it's really an underappreciated item and gives a lot of HP and can be devastating. Rod of Atos as an alternative to Orchid I'd say because Force Staff is a must - Silencer is not really a mobile hero whatsoever.
    Well the only reason to really skip out on a Rod of Atos is pretty much for the active on Orchid which gives you a nice damage buff when you are trying to kill that certain hero. 11 seconds of total silence is brutal and usually if you're doing good on Silencer its just better to skip Atos for the Orchid anyway, although I will say if you are lacking a bit Rod of Atos is a great pick. But once you get the Sheepstick into the mix Rod of Atos gets kicked to the curb. Why use a slow when you can just hex them?
    Junior Member of the Swine of Golden Hue
    WoodinYmir: Magic Exo lvl. 4x
    Trigger..MOE: Female Mechanic lvl. 4x

http://gh.ffshrine.org/?r=50606
    Click for all your gaming music needs. It has most if not all OSTs released.

Arri's Animal Reputation: 128

i hate silencer, so useless until you've amassed a shit ton of gold and enter hard-carry mode.
    I wouldn't say quite useless, with good coordination his ultimate is literally devastating in team fights. I completely understand where you're coming from, though.
    [taiko][/taiko]
    We're so legit we can play kingdom hearts TWO PLAYER without looking.
    Xente: Wait, your cock has wings?
    Xente: ****ing awesome.

Have not received a reply yet, which is not surprising as the forum users and homepage users are different, however, if you were to read patch coverages, what would you like to read about?

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

He's not useless and u can't really play him as a hard carry (unless u totally wreck face with him) .He's just picked cause he's really annoying to play against and he can beat a lot of the popular mid heroes.If u want to play a good int carry just play obsidian,he's a lot better than silencer as a right click carry and he's just as annoying mid.

Banish, no exp... So annoying.

Page 9 of 84 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast