Dota 2: Discussion

Threaded View

Game Journalist Reputation: 75

Post Dota 2: Discussion

New to Dota?

Dota can be a very hard game to get into because of its very steep learning curve. You will suck if it is your first Action RTS (real time strategy) game and will hate it. Trust me, stick with it and it will get better.

This guide has proven to be useful for newer players, however, my suggestion is to simply play and learn from there. Welcome to Dota, You Suck.

Hero Pool

Check out the Dota 2 Wiki for up to date hero information: http://www.dota2wiki.com/wiki/Heroes

Recommended Heroes for Beginners
    These heroes are selected due to not relying heavily on farm, skills that are easy to hit and understand and single mistakes do not decide team fights. Of course, even if these heroes are good for beginners, many will still be played by top tier players due to Dota's naturally high skill ceiling and learning curve. They may be easy to understand but definitely hard to master.

This list will change and evolve based on the community's collective thoughts on what heroes are good for beginners.

Intelligence

In order: Windrunner, Zeus, Lina, Shadow Shaman, Jakiro, Ogre Magi, Keeper of the Light, Lich, Lion, Dazzle, Crystal Maiden, Death Prophet

Strength

In order: Sven, Beastmaster, Omniknight, Huskar, Centaur Warrunner, Tusk, Axe, Sand King, Tidehunter, Night Stalker, Spirit Breaker, Undying

Agility

In order: Juggernaught, Vengeful Spirit, Sniper, Luna, Bounty Hunter, Ursa, Bloodseeker, Razor, Venomancer, Viper

Dota 2 @ OnRPG

Full Review

Latest Articles:
    Dota 2: Techies has arrived!
    Dota 2: New Bloom Festival
    Dota 2: Wraith-Night UpdateDota TV: Tune Into eSports Without Logging Out
    Dota 2: Sleep, not Stun
    Dota 2: Wait for me, my Princess
    Dota 2: Falcon Punch!
    The Greeviling Reviewed
    Halloween Brings Diretide

Recommended Websites

Team Liquid
    JoinDOTA
    DOTABUFF
    Dota 2 Wiki

Free to Play
    Valve has released a great documentary going over the competitive side of Dota 2.

YouTube Video
    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

OnRPG Steam Group

Please join our OnRPG Steam group. This group can be used to get to know other Dota players from the community and learn about any upcoming events (with reminders!).

Rules

1. Do not begin comparing Dota 2 to other games. Keep this thread focused on Dota.
    2. There are many ways to play and think. Respect that.

Obviously the forum rules need to be observed
    Last edited by Abubakr; 09-12-2014 at 08:10 PM. Reason: Removed CyborgMatt's blog.