Sooo... about WoW

Raider of Empty Tombs Reputation: 10

Default Sooo... about WoW

I lost all touch with my old account which only had the vanilla WoW activation code anyways, so i made a new trial account in order to judge whether or not i'd really be willing to spend any money. Knowing how I am with mmo's it's a hit or miss honestly, but what i really need to know is whether or not i will need to buy every single expansion or if I could just buy the newest expansion and still be able to play to 90 and have access to everything, or will I have to buy each and every last expansion pack?

Fabio_R's Fruitcup Reputation: 60

You have to buy everything, as each one is activated separately on your blizzard account. (You'll notice this when you go to the blizzard online store and see that the battle chest (which should have cataclysm now) and pandara are all separate.) I'd suggest buying digitally if you don't care for the physical media bonuses.

Only plays Burst Magic DPS Classes and Healers.
    Playing MMO: FFXIV (Ragnarok)
    Waiting On: EverQuest Next, FFXV, KH3 ∑ Saving For: An Epic Computer

Quote Originally Posted by coldReactive View Post
    You have to buy everything, as each one is activated separately on your blizzard account. (You'll notice this when you go to the blizzard online store and see that the battle chest (which should have cataclysm now) and pandara are all separate.) I'd suggest buying digitally if you don't care for the physical media bonuses.
    Thanks, I found the battlechest on the site and it does include all but mists, I'll just buy the mists box and the chest digitally, thanks for the response though.

Raiyne's Rock Band Reputation: 21

I just started up on wow yesterday and i am loving the game so far

Quote Originally Posted by DneL View Post
    I just started up on wow yesterday and i am loving the game so far
    I agree, it's still the polished mmo it was when i started just 2 months after the games release, I can't get enough. Can only max out at 20 for the time being until tax money gets back and i can buy the expansions for some free game time, but overall the game is hard to not enjoy

Cloud's Hair Spray Reputation: 10

Is it still reliant on raids for endgame PvE? Having a bad guild or bad runs ruined the end of WotLK and Cataclysm for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mizore View Post
    Is it still reliant on raids for endgame PvE? Having a bad guild or bad runs ruined the end of WotLK and Cataclysm for me.
    No clue, i joined the realm Area 52 and i almost see too many people, i'm only level 10 at the moment lmao

Ride emí Yoshi Reputation: 42

Maybe I should try to play WoW again. Let me try to do some research before I reactivate my account again.

WoW has changed dramatically. All classes/skills have been changed. You enjoy class from level 1 not from level 50(when you received best talent skill in your tree).

If you dont want to be 24/7 player, there is looking for dungeon/raid. So you just join queue anywhere in the world(depends on gear ilvl) and they look for ppl for you. The gear isn't as good as you would join with guild or pug. But if you want to follow lore, try new raids. This is the thing for you. I have returned to wow after like 3 years. I stopped playing when cataclysm hitted. I just didn't fell like azeroth again.

So if youre really interested I suggest you try trial. Later buy battlechest(15€) than usually every month they reduce price. I had account with wotlk and I payed 7€ for cata and 18€ for mist. This was bought with -50% discount.

I also like new system with automatically learn spells with level up. No running back to city/paying for them.

Cheers

Fabio_R's Fruitcup Reputation: 60

I really don't like forced open world pvp, so I'm not even going to bother. Besides, I cannot dedicate a monthly subscription from my bank account to anything. Just not that reliable in real life.

Only plays Burst Magic DPS Classes and Healers.
    Playing MMO: FFXIV (Ragnarok)
    Waiting On: EverQuest Next, FFXV, KH3 ∑ Saving For: An Epic Computer