Western Mmorpg company that keep the Fatigue system

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Manic's Maniacal Machine Reputation: 98

C9 Global kept Fatigue System. Dragon Nest EU kept the fatigue system and (at least for now until they change it) trashed the old system that sea and some other versions have. ^^
    Playing: World of Warcraft (Area 52 Horde)

Waiting for:

GTA 5 PC (Pre-Ordered)
    Everquest Next

SuperKenshin's Servent Reputation: 47

Fatigue system was not meant for Western games. It only makes sense in Korea where to register to play the majority of games you need a KSSN and phone or whatever activation for your account.

Having fatigue system on a western game where the only thing that stops you from creating another account is simply registering another email or in some cases not even that is needed...it's certainly quite a pointless feature to have.
    Whoever wants to play for long periods of time will simply create another account/character and keep playing.

To me, fatigue system is retarded, it has a purpose if the only way to create an account is by using your ID and phone verification...otherwise it's useless and retarded.

Banned Reputation: 34

Quote Originally Posted by Adamaris View Post
    Fatigue system was not meant for Western games. It only makes sense in Korea where to register to play the majority of games you need a KSSN and phone or whatever activation for your account.

Having fatigue system on a western game where the only thing that stops you from creating another account is simply registering another email or in some cases not even that is needed...it's certainly quite a pointless feature to have.
    Whoever wants to play for long periods of time will simply create another account/character and keep playing.

To me, fatigue system is retarded, it has a purpose if the only way to create an account is by using your ID and phone verification...otherwise it's useless and retarded.
    The Fatigue system was made to stop korea from dieding and force them to study more.

Murxidon's Maid Reputation: 43

fatigue system is for bad games that dont have enough content to keep people playing.

Heroes of Newerth - Powster
    Savage 2 - Powster
    Starcraft 2 - Powster.380 (Master Protoss/Zerg)
    Steam (CS:S, L4D2, TF2) - Powster

Lives in City of Zeroes Reputation: 106

I think it really depends upon how the fatigue system is used within a game rather than upon if a fatigue system simply exists.

Games which have a cash shop item to give back fatigue points are generally terrible as more often than not the fatigue system is overly restrictive in such games and is in place solely as a way of making players pay more money. Likewise, the practice of making dungeons take more fatigue per run at higher levels (Mythos certainly comes to mind) is a particularly vile one and is especially bad if fatigue is account-bound rather than on a per-character basis.

On the other hand, I completely approve of some fatigue systems if they seem to be in place mainly to encourage players towards engaging in activities which they normally would avoid and/or if they are in place in order to prevent players from getting burnt out after blazing through the content (which tends to be much easier to do in action-based mmorpg's because dungeons take far less time to run through than in a traditional mmorpg). DFO's original fatigue system is probably the perfect example of this in my opinion; players had enough fatigue points to play for quite a few hours and there were several activities players could do once fatigue ran out (tower runs and PvP, the latter of which rapidly died out once fatigue was removed) and, since fatigue was 'valuable' as it could not simply be purchased in the item shop (it could be found in lost treasures once those were introduced, but that didn't come until later and the chance of a fatigue potion being in one was pretty low), people tended to want to party up to ensure that they completed dungeons and didn't simply waste fatigue.

To sum everything up: fatigue systems are terrible when they're just a cheap moneygrab, but when used properly they have the benefits of encouraging players to party up and become a more active member of the game's community so as not to 'waste' fatigue, encouraging players to engage in activities which they otherwise would have possibly never bothered with (making alts, participating in PvP, etc - this also is good for the company as it gives players more incentives to utilize the cash shop), and encouraging players to stick to a steady pace (players who focus solely on rushing to endgame on a single character usually only play for a few days/weeks before blazing through all the content faster than developers can possibly make it and/or burning themselves out and are therefore likely to quit without having spent any money - such players are not even remotely desirable for a company as they don't help to keep the game alive, often will just shout bad press about the game after having burnt themselves out, and put pressure on developers to focus solely on adding more and more content to the endgame regardless of quality; if a fatigue system causes such players to not touch a game it's to the advantage of the developers and publishers and if it causes such players to give in and play at a slower pace over a longer period of time it's a win for pretty much everyone).

Sandman's Slave Reputation: 120

Its the one thing that will make me not play a game, i don't have time to play 24/7 but on the rare weekend that i do i prefer to be able to play the game i want to play all day and not have my hand held and my baby sitter tell me when its time to get off, im 28 years old after all.

I also hate the argument of "well i can't play all the time so no one else should be able to!" what are you ****ing 12? if someone has more time you and play legit (not botting) they deserve the advantage not the other way around.

Sun? What Sun? Reputation: 41

Elsword has this even in the NA version.
    Funny thing is even my father who worries that I spend too much time playing computer games doesn't like the system, and when I mentioned that I might make a second character to play when stamina runs out on my main his reaction was "Yeah! Make that second character! BEAT THE SYSTEM!!!"
    He then proceeded to sip a bottle of beer.

Banned Reputation: 34

Quote Originally Posted by Lina View Post
    Elsword has this even in the NA version.
    Funny thing is even my father who worries that I spend too much time playing computer games doesn't like the system, and when I mentioned that I might make a second character to play when stamina runs out on my main his reaction was "Yeah! Make that second character! BEAT THE SYSTEM!!!"
    He then proceeded to sip a bottle of beer.
    that not really beating the system they want you to make 2nd character then spend money on that character

Dixie Banana Bar Reputation: 11

Quote Originally Posted by arapanasati View Post
    Ditto. Unless there is a workaround where you can effectively play another character that helps make your first character stronger. The biggest deal breaker is when a fatigue system has a cash shop item that removes the limit.
    I think i know a game exactly like this LOL

ChimaeraOne's Cookie Reputation: 29

I have no problems with fatigue systems as long as it's done right.

I never had a problem with either c9 or DN fatigue system and you could get plenty out of those games each day if you used the fatigue system right.

I know not everyone likes being forced to stop playing but it's a good thing for players these days.. It also stabilizes economies and makes the time you play more enjoyable. I would rather play a game with less time with way better drops and exp compared to playing all day for bad drops and exp.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast