What makes you support an unpopular mmorpg?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Sun? What Sun? Reputation: 41

Default What makes you support an unpopular mmorpg?

What kind of factors in an mmorpg that isn't very popular keep you playing and supporting it?

For me it's community and GM support, and in cases like that it's possibly preferred for the game to be less popular so the few people there tend to know each other well.
    Of course that's backfires when the game can't make enough money to stay online because of lack of paying customers. >.<

At this time I'm finding myself fond of Remnant Knights at LEAST because the people in charge are very active, friendly, and helpful.
    I was testing this game past midnight (central time) and they were STILL having little mini events going on with the GM and few people online at that hour.
    AND I reported a "bug" in the forums (turns out it was just my keyboard though) and I got great help very quickly.

Marineking's Minion Reputation: 211

i play risk your life and the two servers i play on only have about 200-300 mabye a little more players. But reson i support the game is because its my altime fave game. While i do play raiderz as well. ryl was my first game. the admins on these two servers are great and active and are good with events and updates.total time on ryl is about 8 years might be more but cannot rember right now. what makes me keep comeing back is the way the game plays. its a action style game. no auto attack you control your swings. items are random each item you fine dont have the same stats as another and the upgradeing systom is fun. farm metals and gems and go upgrade. the game has a fame system and a medals systoms the more you have the more rewards you can buy
    You hate me? No worries death to all my enemies forgiveness is over. If you hate me so bad come to my house and we can settle it like men. Am i claiming to be a fighter? Nope but im sick of your shit. You bring your boys ill bring mine i can guarantee some one gonna leave in a body bag. Ill shove this pitch fork up ya ass and have you begging for mercy and none will come. As i roast you over the fire laughing at your burning flesh. Im sick of your shit and your threats lets settle this like men

Link's a Hippie! Reputation: 22

Well if I find the game fun I keep playing it plus fewer players means less immature fights in chat channel, But also if they GMīs are cool then you know itīs worth to stay. Also I should ad my tught my should I play a game just cuz itīs popular ? I mean just cuz people are all over it like WoW LoL and so on does not mean I should play it when I think the game sucks So I would not say I need a reason to play a game few people like as long as I like it my self.

Raiyne's Rock Band Reputation: 28

Gotta love when they close down

Exeunt

Playing: Wakfu.
    IGN: Six / Five / Exeunt.
    Server: Nox.

Game Journalist Reputation: 407

I like supporting indie sandbox games, because they usually cannot afford advertising. They're great games, it's just that they can't afford to mass market themselves
    "....However, as with all things, you will encounter the odd retard and or asshole."
    -Cingal
    -------(New Video!)------------------------(New Post!)[8/13]----------(Updated for ArcheAge!)[4/28]
    Youtube Channel | Twitch | Gaming Blog | Amitabha Gaming Guild

Banned Reputation: 10

If I like the game.

Bladin's Sword Sharpener Reputation: 88

First because I like the game. Plus, I usually play non-popular games. Massive crowd kills the game for me. Smaller cluster of online players have better community, less trolls, less leechers and less MMO G jumpers.

DrHime |MsNakita
    SD Gundam - League of Legends (PH) - Grand Chase

Dixie Banana Bar Reputation: 11

When i already played the game when it was still popular (assuming it was popular then and become unpopular because of new MMOS).

anyway, it would be the community... and if i have a lot of friends in game.

ChimaeraOne's Cookie Reputation: 29

Quote Originally Posted by Lina View Post
    What kind of factors in an mmorpg that isn't very popular keep you playing and supporting it?

For me it's community and GM support, and in cases like that it's possibly preferred for the game to be less popular so the few people there tend to know each other well.
    Of course that's backfires when the game can't make enough money to stay online because of lack of paying customers. >.<

At this time I'm finding myself fond of Remnant Knights at LEAST because the people in charge are very active, friendly, and helpful.
    I was testing this game past midnight (central time) and they were STILL having little mini events going on with the GM and few people online at that hour.
    AND I reported a "bug" in the forums (turns out it was just my keyboard though) and I got great help very quickly.
    I can understand you being fond of remnant knights for all the reasons you said. There community is actually nice and not full of trolls and their GM's are always there and extremely helpful (Wish all games had this kind of support).

I just couldn't stick to the game because the game felt a bit generic for me but I give them full credit for keeping the game alive and kicking for the smallish community they have.

As for me I have supported some private servers in the past and I know it seems like a waste of money but there have been a number of good private servers out there that have lasted years and sometimes longer than the official servers. I wouldn't support a server unless I know the servers background and their work ethic to make the server enjoyable.

These days I don't really support any games because I just don't play games enough but I have a bit in the past.

Banned Reputation: 34

Responding to the question posed in the thread title itself: Only a complete tool would support a game because of its popularity. Personally, if I support a game it's only because I like the game itself, and my support is neither gained nor lost through any other factor.

Although honestly this is a ridiculous topic to even start in the first place. You may as well have started a thread titled "Everyone else is jumping off a bridge, so why aren't you?"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast