Ragnarok Online 2 is coming to WarpPortal

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    `Doll's Dishwasher Reputation: 92

the game world and gfx look beautiful - i dont see why it cant succeed ... unless its too generic and there are not enough players..?
    but even if it just follows the crowd of grindy/animeish mmos, it IS Ragnarok Online, and should pull a loyal following?
    Be warned - I am a major player of Regnum Online the mmo. I've been playing it for about 2 years and rarely go without logging in at least once a day. You can also look at good alternatives to Regnum such ase Aion online and Aika Online.

http://i.imgur.com/OR8cPqY.gif
    http://i.minus.com/iuujAXwnufVSO.jpg
    http://i.minus.com/ibvD03fDh31lre.jpg
    http://i.minus.com/ibwoHNBFwlmuZF.gif
    http://i.minus.com/ibcdlNG4kU0IyS.gif

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 82

Quote Originally Posted by Heartyace View Post
    GW2 isn't generic.... Where did that even come from.

Lotro and Everquest aren't popular (Anymore) so it's safe to assume it's mediocre in this age.

WoW is popular for being popular. A friend of mine argued with me about how great it was, with his only supportive evidence being it had a better cinematic trailer then GW2.

RO2 isn't bad yet again, just isn't the best on the market. Accept the fact that there are better games and MOVE ON.
    Didnt say it was the best.

Thanks for the concern tho.
    Livin' proof of a dying dream

Manic's Maniacal Machine Reputation: 98

Yeah it'll do fine.. Some people have too high of an expectation for RO games. I think I'll go Beastmaster this time rather than the tanky class. Games like RO2 and even RO1 are the kind of casual friendly games that you can just go onto whenever you're bored of another game. It's perfectly fine, and keeps it enjoyable. With an NA host like Warp Portal, it'll do fine and actually have a chance to succeed, unlike SEA version which was mediocre at best.
    Playing: World of Warcraft (Kel Thuzad Alliance)

Ride emí Yoshi Reputation: 17

Lotro and Everquest aren't popular (Anymore) so it's safe to assume it's mediocre in this age.

WoW is popular for being popular. A friend of mine argued with me about how great it was, with his only supportive evidence being it had a better cinematic trailer then GW2.

RO2 isn't bad yet again, just isn't the best on the market. Accept the fact that there are better games and MOVE ON.
    People are naturally sheep, people hear the word generic be thrown around and start applying it to everything under the sun. MMO by their very nature are iterative. They grow upon their successors. RO2 is just game along that line of iteration. As you say RO2 isnt a bad game, just simply a bit to niche for everyone to enjoy. But because people are sheep they will start flaming a game when they hear other people talk crap, exact thing happened to GW2.

I can almost guarantee that 60% of complaints on RO2 are from people who never even played the game.

HopeDagger's Henchman Reputation: 47

Quote Originally Posted by kait0s View Post
    Didnt say it was the best.

Thanks for the concern tho.
    Even though my post was almost completely directed at Candy. I'll give you an explaination.

I resisted saying it was mediocre, because then I'd get a whole lotta rage about how good it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Quote
    I'm usually not at fault, so I don't normally have the opportunity to apologize.
    Wakfu: Roxie Hubrecut

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 82

Even though my post was almost completely directed at Candy. I'll give you an explaination.

I resisted saying it was mediocre, because then I'd get a whole lotta rage about how good it is.
    To be fair, i dont think anyone said it was the best.

And speak how you feel. I dont see anything wrong with that, ever.

I dont blame anyone for thinking a game is terrible, or "generic". I honestly could never stand GW or WoW, but i could play games like Flyff for hours on end. I cant explain how, or why, its just how it is.
    Livin' proof of a dying dream

Ride emí Yoshi Reputation: 16

Quote Originally Posted by queenvoo View Post
    the game world and gfx look beautiful - i dont see why it cant succeed ... unless its too generic and there are not enough players..?
    but even if it just follows the crowd of grindy/animeish mmos, it IS Ragnarok Online, and should pull a loyal following?

The game is nothing like the first Ragnarok at all, it's just a generic MMORPG with a Ragnarok coat.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 231

gw2 isn't generic? have you played the game? no? okay.
    everquest 1 has a lot of players(why do you still think they are creating xpacs), so does everquest 2 (2 full servers at any time of the day)
    wow is popular because it actually did everything RIGHT. it may have been generic as shit, but it was extremely polished at the same time.

there's a wolf in my heart

HopeDagger's Henchman Reputation: 47

Quote Originally Posted by Candyholic View Post
    gw2 isn't generic? have you played the game? no? okay.
    everquest 1 has a lot of players(why do you still think they are creating xpacs), so does everquest 2 (2 full servers at any time of the day)
    wow is popular because it actually did everything RIGHT. it may have been generic as shit, but it was extremely polished at the same time.
    Gw2 is generic... I'm not even going to argue this one, I don't even know what to say to this.

EQ and EQ2 have a decent population, I won't blow it out of proposition by saying it's popular. TERA - GW2 and hell maple story, I'd call popular.

WoW didn't do everything right, They did everything at the right time. In-comparison, at that time everything seemed like it was a good generation behind WoW.
    Quote Originally Posted by Quote
    I'm usually not at fault, so I don't normally have the opportunity to apologize.
    Wakfu: Roxie Hubrecut

Game List Master Reputation: 165

WoW did every thing right? why was the combat the blandest around then.......

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast