Ragnarok Online 2 is coming to WarpPortal

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    SuperKenshin's Servent Reputation: 25

Quote Originally Posted by chaoscauser View Post
    WoW did every thing right? why was the combat the blandest around then.......
    Because a game doesn't need to have great looking, flourishing combat with your character doing back flips and you needing to combo every possible ability in order for it to be polished and overall enjoyable.

This is exactly what game companies try to do now. Making their combat so "exciting" and "innovative" and the rest of the game is disgustingly lackluster. GW2 suffered from this exact thing. So did TERA and practically every other action-MMO in existence.

There's absolutely no debate when it comes to how polished and refined WoW's content is. Regardless if it's repetitive, the game opens up massively at endgame, which is how MMOs should be. Endgame content is what keeps players playing.

People need to stop being so concerned with how combat looks, and actually focus on how it plays, handles and the overall quality of the game. WoW is still on an entire different level to 99% of the MMOs out there.

Ride em’ Yoshi Reputation: 17

Honestly it simply sounds like you never played WoW at launch. The game was incredibly unpolished and flawed, including the combat. The game been constantly polished for nearly a decade. It silly to hear someone claim that WoW is flawless yet is so blatantly obvious that they never played the launch.

HopeDagger's Henchman Reputation: 47

Quote Originally Posted by renrinken View Post
    Honestly it simply sounds like you never played WoW at launch. The game was incredibly unpolished and flawed, including the combat. The game been constantly polished for nearly a decade. It silly to hear someone claim that WoW is flawless yet is so blatantly obvious that they never played the launch.
    And everyone is getting aggressive...

Let's go back to this RO2 conversation.

When RO isn't the center of a conversation, in it's own thread. That's a first.
    Quote Originally Posted by Quote
    IPandawa was a minor god who came to power and joined the ranks of the twelve when she discovered a recipe for the perfect bamboo wine/milk.
    Wakfu: Roxie Hubrecut

Manic's Maniacal Machine Reputation: 98

I for one can't wait to try the Global version. I just hope they don't make the same mistakes as SEA. It needs a proper English voice over and also of course really good translations.
    Playing: World of Warcraft (Kel Thuzad Alliance)

SuperKenshin's Servent Reputation: 25

Quote Originally Posted by renrinken View Post
    Are you talking to me?

I played Vanilla. Sure, it had flaws, glaring ones. It also came out what...9 years ago? When MMOs were in their infancy still. So that's really not relevant to games coming out in this day and age. Nor is comparing Vanilla to Current WoW even remotely relevant anymore. You don't make a game to compete with what a game was nearly a decade ago, and expect people to sit around for 2+ years until you have adequate content.

No one has said WoW is flawless, but ignoring the fact that it's the most polished MMO to date is just pure ignorance.

It's terribly obvious that most companies now focus on making their game look good, as opposed to making the game actually play good. Everquest looks like trash, even the Shadows of Luclin graphics update looked awful, but it was an extremely popular and well managed game, because there were actually things to do in the game to keep people busy for years and years.

You cannot release a game with abysmal launch content and expect it to do well in this day and age, simply on looks alone.

RO2 can be as grindy and generic as it wants. RO1 was pretty much that in the grand scheme of things. They eventually alleviated a chunk of the grind as the game aged, but the reason people remember RO and it's a big part of a lot of peoples MMO experience is because what the game offered. Which was a pretty good amount of content between MVPs and especially WoE. If RO2 wants to be successful, they just need MVPs, which we can clearly see in the trailer, and WoE, which I would expect to hit the game at some point, if it's not already in.

Marineking's Minion Reputation: 88

Because it's WarpPortal and it's also hosting iRO, RO2 will have a really good player base. WarpPortal servers don't suck but the customer service is pretty bad, which is something I can overlook. RO2 is pretty much RO1 with grinding, since everyone is calling RO2 a generic grinder.

I agree with Xeon. MVP & WoE will make the game incredibly popular. I remember iRO, I was about to quit for good because the game was just so damn boring. Days before I was quitting, WoE comes out. After that, I stayed on iRO for years. RO2 will do just fine within the American market once WoE hits.

Fabio_R's Fruitcup Reputation: 60

Quote Originally Posted by KREVA View Post
    RO2 will do just fine within the American market once WoE hits.
    That's why I want to move to a non-USA country. We're all egotistic PVP lovers. Save for me and a few others.

Only plays Burst Magic DPS Classes and Healers.
    Playing MMO: FFXIV (Ragnarok)
    Waiting On: EverQuest Next, FFXV, KH3 · Saving For: An Epic Computer

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 82

Im not a huge fan of pvp, but i did love WoE. Or the ones that required strategy and class based tactics.
    Livin' proof of a dying dream

Bladin's Sword Sharpener Reputation: 88

Quote Originally Posted by Viney1 View Post
    I for one can't wait to try the Global version. I just hope they don't make the same mistakes as SEA. It needs a proper English voice over and also of course really good translations.
    for voice overs esp on games.. I'd go for japan.

DrHime |MsNakita
    SD Gundam - League of Legends (PH) - Grand Chase

Detective Kirby Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by KREVA View Post
    Because it's WarpPortal and it's also hosting iRO, RO2 will have a really good player base. WarpPortal servers don't suck but the customer service is pretty bad, which is something I can overlook. RO2 is pretty much RO1 with grinding, since everyone is calling RO2 a generic grinder.

I agree with Xeon. MVP & WoE will make the game incredibly popular. I remember iRO, I was about to quit for good because the game was just so damn boring. Days before I was quitting, WoE comes out. After that, I stayed on iRO for years. RO2 will do just fine within the American market once WoE hits.
    Speaking of their customer service, is it really that bad? Cause I've seen players post on its official FB page and I thought they're just messing with the CS team. LOL

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast