Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 76 to 92 of 92

Thread: Ragnarok Online 2 is coming to WarpPortal

  1. #76
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 82

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    shady lurkin' duh. Looted: 1200 Bandits
    Posts
    5,265
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by janii View Post
    Why couldnt they do a ragnarok like the real one.
    I dont care if the 2d graphics stay the same. Just new areas, new skills/classes, new mobs etc.
    Just a new game with the same old combat, graphics, no questing and whatnot. The core should stay the same.
    I would instantly play it. I dont even give a **** about RO2
    So, an expansion?
    Livin' proof of a dying dream

  2. #77
    Cingal's Collar Reputation: 29
    Technikal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,502
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by janii View Post
    Why couldnt they do a ragnarok like the real one.
    I dont care if the 2d graphics stay the same. Just new areas, new skills/classes, new mobs etc.
    Just a new game with the same old combat, graphics, no questing and whatnot. The core should stay the same.
    I would instantly play it. I dont even give a **** about RO2
    Project R1? Probably the closest thing you'll get anytime soon.

    I agree I don't think this game deserves to be the sequal to Ragnarok but what can you do.

  3. #78
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 82

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    shady lurkin' duh. Looted: 1200 Bandits
    Posts
    5,265
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Im actually glad its not like RO1. After years of that game, and years of private servers of that game. I can honestly say im pretty much done with RO1. But im excited to still be able to set foot in the same world tho

    Way i see it is, RO2 is equivalent to the movie Prometheus. Its still a mmorpg, just like Prometheus is a sci-fi movie. Yet, they both really dont do anything new. Nothing, out of the ordinary. Pretty generic stuff tbh. But, they are both set in the same "world"

    Its not exactly what most of you wanted, but its good enough for me.
    Livin' proof of a dying dream

  4. #79
    Cingal's Collar Reputation: 29
    Technikal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,502
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kait0s View Post
    Im actually glad its not like RO1. After years of that game, and years of private servers of that game. I can honestly say im pretty much done with RO1. But im excited to still be able to set foot in the same world tho

    Way i see it is, RO2 is equivalent to the movie Prometheus. Its still a mmorpg, just like Prometheus is a sci-fi movie. Yet, they both really dont do anything new. Nothing, out of the ordinary. Pretty generic stuff tbh. But, they are both set in the same "world"

    Its not exactly what most of you wanted, but its good enough for me.
    Yeah agreed.

    It has potential anyway and hopefully with all the aspects of Ragnarok alot of us love it will turn out to be something Ragnarok players will actuall enjoy one day.

    Glad it's being run by warpportal so atleast we know the game will keep rolling along and not close down anytime soon.

  5. #80
    Detective Kirby Reputation: 14
    Kannaaashi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    163
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by janii View Post
    I dont even give a **** about RO2
    oohh so much hate, you played RO2 before?
    ---
    The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. Why? Why did he jump over?!

  6. #81
    Bladin's Sword Sharpener Reputation: 110
    Chiyeon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    | (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
    Posts
    1,169
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kait0s View Post
    Its not exactly what most of you wanted, but its good enough for me.
    b'aww

    /10chars


    DrHime |MsNakita
    SD Gundam - League of Legends (PH) - Grand Chase


  7. #82
    Dixie Banana Bar Reputation: 11
    Ayotori20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    299
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    People above actually have a point. People should stop comparing RO2 to RO1 and just learn to appreciate the game itself. I know a lot of people who enjoy it despite of the negative comments found alll over the internet LOL

  8. #83
    Detective Kirby Reputation: 14
    Kannaaashi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    163
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ayotori20 View Post
    People above actually have a point. People should stop comparing RO2 to RO1 and just learn to appreciate the game itself. I know a lot of people who enjoy it despite of the negative comments found alll over the internet LOL
    stop complaining and deal with it. nuff said.
    ---
    The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. Why? Why did he jump over?!

  9. #84
    Ape for Diddy Reputation: 35
    Densetsu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    264
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kannaaashi View Post
    stop complaining and deal with it. nuff said.
    If only it were that simple though. People always find reasons to complain. I honestly never really cared how "dedicated" RO2 was to the first game. Because I was tired of RO1 after years of playing...and RO1 wasn't that much of a masterpiece itself besides the PvP.

  10. #85
    Ride em’ Yoshi Reputation: 17
    renrinken's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    183
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ayotori20 View Post
    People above actually have a point. People should stop comparing RO2 to RO1 and just learn to appreciate the game itself. I know a lot of people who enjoy it despite of the negative comments found alll over the internet LOL
    People are simply sheep, people will bash a game because others bashed the game. As you point out, if you pay attention to the people who spend time to try the game out there is a lot of favorable opinions. But tbh this isnt the forums to find that in abundance.

    But to be honest, bothering to point it out isnt constructive either. Saying "wish people would stop complaining and comparing it to other games that I dont want them to" is completely redudent and egocentric. Let people say their opinion, regardless if it is actually their own. People who are actually interested in the game will try it and come to their own conclusions.

    I and many others in this thread has shared our honest opinion (many favorable) of the game yet you seems to pass constructive opinion and solely focus and call out the ones "you disagree with".
    Last edited by renrinken; 05-01-2013 at 02:57 AM.

  11. #86
    Dixie Banana Bar Reputation: 11
    Ayotori20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    299
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    I Don't remember disagreeing with anyone
    yeah, you all guys shared your opinions... that's why im also sharing mine

  12. #87
    Ride em’ Yoshi Reputation: 17
    renrinken's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    183
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ayotori20 View Post
    I Don't remember disagreeing with anyone
    yeah, you all guys shared your opinions... that's why im also sharing mine
    To be fair all you did was 1. Tell people what to think 2. Mention what "other" people think. I personally would of loved to read a detailed first impressions of what you liked and didnt liked but you didnt do that. Even though I completely agree with you that people are just spouting negativity without giving any substance to back it up, your also doing the exact same thing but in reverse.

    So I shall briefly support what you said. Indeed RO1 and RO2 are very different games, they are not even in the same genre. RO1 is a sprite based isometric MMO with simplistic combat that was highly customization in terms of character builds. RO2 on other hand is iterative themepark MMO with the traditional hotkey MMO we have come to love. Classes are cookie cutter and focus is more about progressing then being a unique little flower and building a unique class.

    It is also important to identify at this current time, RO2 is almost exclusively PVE, where RO1 was heavily pvp focused.

    So yes, absolutely dont play RO2 if your wanting a RO1.5, different game, different genre. However if you want a iterative MMO that follows in footsteps of games like Eden Eternal with fun classes and semi-immersive world then this game is definitely worth trying out.

  13. #88
    Dixie Banana Bar Reputation: 11
    Ayotori20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    299
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by renrinken View Post
    To be fair all you did was 1. Tell people what to think 2. Mention what "other" people think. I personally would of loved to read a detailed first impressions of what you liked and didnt liked but you didnt do that. Even though I completely agree with you that people are just spouting negativity without giving any substance to back it up, your also doing the exact same thing but in reverse.

    So I shall briefly support what you said. Indeed RO1 and RO2 are very different games, they are not even in the same genre. RO1 is a sprite based isometric MMO with simplistic combat that was highly customization in terms of character builds. RO2 on other hand is iterative themepark MMO with the traditional hotkey MMO we have come to love. Classes are cookie cutter and focus is more about progressing then being a unique little flower and building a unique class.

    It is also important to identify at this current time, RO2 is almost exclusively PVE, where RO1 was heavily pvp focused.

    So yes, absolutely dont play RO2 if your wanting a RO1.5, different game, different genre. However if you want a iterative MMO that follows in footsteps of games like Eden Eternal with fun classes and semi-immersive world then this game is definitely worth trying out.
    what she said :P

  14. #89
    McFox Sandwich Reputation: 15
    jack_frost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    466
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    So ragnarok online 2 is like wow or eden eternal, i think i'll just return back to the original one day.

  15. #90
    500+ Posts???? Reputation: 24
    hdwei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    /\U$tr@L!@
    Posts
    508
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    is this the same as the one on steam?

  16. #91
    Ride em’ Yoshi Reputation: 17
    renrinken's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    183
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jack_frost View Post
    So ragnarok online 2 is like wow or eden eternal, i think i'll just return back to the original one day.
    Yep to me it feels like a less clunky EE.

  17. #92
    Bladin's Sword Sharpener Reputation: 110
    Chiyeon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    | (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
    Posts
    1,169
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hdwei View Post
    is this the same as the one on steam?
    same server. same everything


    DrHime |MsNakita
    SD Gundam - League of Legends (PH) - Grand Chase


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •