Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 92

Thread: Ragnarok Online 2 is coming to WarpPortal

  1. #1

  2. #2
    Bongo Crazy Kong Reputation: 10

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    242
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Wow influenced generic grind fest nothing to see here move along.

  3. #3
    Marineking's Minion Reputation: 125

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    In my little box.
    Posts
    2,926
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Sweet been wanting to play for so long lulz. I know a lot say the game is bad but i think it gonna be fun

  4. #4
    Raider of Empty Tombs Reputation: 25

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    356
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    I knew this was coming, knew WarpPortal was going to get RO2.
    So I waited for this to show... but now I've got other games to play or WANT to play... not interested in RO2 anymore.

  5. #5
    Ride emí Yoshi Reputation: 17
    renrinken's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    183
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Of course WarpPortal gets it :x how many games do they need to ruin with their terrible servers...

  6. #6
    Super Duper Uber Mega Ultra Extreme Reputation: 76
    Senseos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    871
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    that wont change anything ,Waste time on CBs,all know its a repetative outdated Game with no Hope

  7. #7
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 317
    Bad Hamster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Hamsterville
    Posts
    13,696
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by renrinken View Post
    Of course WarpPortal gets it :x how many games do they need to ruin with their terrible servers...
    There servers aren't terrible, but there support does suck. They hardly ever update their games, and big updates get beta tested for months to years before they actually release it.

  8. #8
    Shadowsworn's Sandwich Reputation: 168
    Songz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,854
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Why the hell do they want RO2 when they know it's a flop.
    Me, Me, Me, GF |&| Me! D;!

    RIP the Dawngates : (

    You can join my Minitroopers army!


    Don't you dare quote me!

    Don't you dare Rep me neither!

    I don't want your petty influences upon my soul!

  9. #9
    Illgamez Insomniac Reputation: 122
    Viney1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,206
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Just an FYI: WarpPortal (Global) is based in Buena Park, California {USA}. You can use that info to gauge if you might lag a bit in the server. ^^ I'm not sure if they'll host from the same area they're located or near. I'm pretty sure their servers are hosted in the US though.
    Current Games:

    Blade and Soul NA
    Black Desert NA
    Albion Online (CBT)

    Waiting for:

    Overwatch (CBT)

  10. #10
    Murxidon's Maid Reputation: 23
    ErickDamon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    2,089
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    If it still has that Yoko Kanno soundtrack I will have to check it out.

    Thanks Seya!

  11. #11
    ChimaeraOne's Cookie Reputation: 52
    Heartyace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    1,343
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Now, I have to agree with songz. The game isn't worth the hassle of anticipating the launch.

    It is in fact the disappointment of 2013.

    I know what everyone is going to say, ITS NOT AS BAD AS YOU EVERYONE SAYS.

    Well we never said it was bad, we said it didn't live up to expectations. Now even if you argue our expectations were just too high, well the expectations didn't come out of thin air. It came from it's predecessor. The game is average, and doesn't deserve to be marketed as anything more. There are just way too many mmos out there, that are much better then RO2 to say it's worth playing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Your average commentor
    If she has anime flu, she will die.
    Wakfu: Roxie Hubrecut

  12. #12
    `Doll's Dishwasher Reputation: 29
    Technikal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,497
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Heartyace View Post
    Now, I have to agree with songz. The game isn't worth the hassle of anticipating the launch.

    It is in fact the disappointment of 2013.

    I know what everyone is going to say, ITS NOT AS BAD AS YOU EVERYONE SAYS.

    Well we never said it was bad, we said it didn't live up to expectations. Now even if you argue our expectations were just too high, well the expectations didn't come out of thin air. It came from it's predecessor. The game is average, and doesn't deserve to be marketed as anything more. There are just way too many mmos out there, that are much better then RO2 to say it's worth playing.
    I was one of those guys before who said it's not that bad but thinking about it and yeah It's really not that great.

    For a game thats meant to be the next Ragnarok it's a disappointment but It does have some hope if they fix a few things and add important parts from RO1 like WOE.

    It has a long way to go for me to worth playing but from what I've seen and played I wasn't really impressed and seeing I'm a oldschool RO1 player it's a shame .

    I've said it all along and I wish they just stuck with the same old 2.5d style and updated it with HD textures and so on. It could work soo well but no they have to make a game which has been done before many times and failed.

    I won't give up completely on it tho.

  13. #13
    Bongo Crazy Kong Reputation: 10

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    242
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    I actually liked the other Ragnarok 2 it had a unique feel to it but they stoped developing it and made this most generic game ever

  14. #14
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 82

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    shady lurkin' duh. Looted: 1200 Bandits
    Posts
    5,265
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    So its bad because its generic?

    Honestly, i would rather play a generic mmo, than a new "look at all these features that dont fully work yet" mmo.
    Livin' proof of a dying dream

  15. #15
    ChimaeraOne's Cookie Reputation: 52
    Heartyace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    1,343
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kait0s View Post
    So its bad because its generic?

    Honestly, i would rather play a generic mmo, than a new "look at all these features that dont fully work yet" mmo.
    That time when no one reads your post >.<
    Quote Originally Posted by Your average commentor
    If she has anime flu, she will die.
    Wakfu: Roxie Hubrecut

  16. #16
    Forum PvPer Reputation: 610

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    11,357
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kait0s View Post
    So its bad because its generic?

    Honestly, i would rather play a generic mmo, than a new "look at all these features that dont fully work yet" mmo.
    but, it's a bad generic mmo. not a good generic mmo like everquest, gw2, wow, lotro etc.

  17. #17
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 82

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    shady lurkin' duh. Looted: 1200 Bandits
    Posts
    5,265
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Candyholic View Post
    but, it's a bad generic mmo. not a good generic mmo like everquest, gw2, wow, lotro etc.
    Ive been told a hundred of the games i like are terrible.

    Which is odd, cause i like them. Hahahaha
    Livin' proof of a dying dream

  18. #18
    Cloud13's Clown Reputation: 40
    soulalchemie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    maryland.
    Posts
    2,878
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Candyholic View Post
    but, it's a bad generic mmo. not a good generic mmo like everquest, gw2, wow, lotro etc.
    LOTRO was so boring tbh.
    RO2 really can't be that bad.
    Vindictus: Inmensus

  19. #19
    Power_Gamer_6's Pick Reputation: 57
    Avarwen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    2,348
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    From the gameplay video games I've seen it looks like other Korean grinders I'vs seen I'll give it a shot but I don't think this game will go over well and will need work before it's truly worth playing.
    Last edited by Avarwen; 03-17-2013 at 05:06 PM.

  20. #20
    ChimaeraOne's Cookie Reputation: 52
    Heartyace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    1,343
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Candyholic View Post
    but, it's a bad generic mmo. not a good generic mmo like everquest, gw2, wow, lotro etc.
    GW2 isn't generic.... Where did that even come from.

    Lotro and Everquest aren't popular (Anymore) so it's safe to assume it's mediocre in this age.

    WoW is popular for being popular. A friend of mine argued with me about how great it was, with his only supportive evidence being it had a better cinematic trailer then GW2.

    RO2 isn't bad yet again, just isn't the best on the market. Accept the fact that there are better games and MOVE ON.
    Quote Originally Posted by Your average commentor
    If she has anime flu, she will die.
    Wakfu: Roxie Hubrecut

  21. #21
    `Doll's Dishwasher Reputation: 106
    queenvoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,475
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    the game world and gfx look beautiful - i dont see why it cant succeed ... unless its too generic and there are not enough players..?
    but even if it just follows the crowd of grindy/animeish mmos, it IS Ragnarok Online, and should pull a loyal following?
    Be warned - I am a major player of Regnum Online the mmo. I've been playing it for about 2 years and rarely go without logging in at least once a day. You can also look at good alternatives to Regnum such ase Aion online and Aika Online.

    http://i.imgur.com/OR8cPqY.gif
    http://i.minus.com/iuujAXwnufVSO.jpg
    http://i.minus.com/ibvD03fDh31lre.jpg
    http://i.minus.com/ibwoHNBFwlmuZF.gif
    http://i.minus.com/ibcdlNG4kU0IyS.gif

  22. #22
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 82

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    shady lurkin' duh. Looted: 1200 Bandits
    Posts
    5,265
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Heartyace View Post
    GW2 isn't generic.... Where did that even come from.

    Lotro and Everquest aren't popular (Anymore) so it's safe to assume it's mediocre in this age.

    WoW is popular for being popular. A friend of mine argued with me about how great it was, with his only supportive evidence being it had a better cinematic trailer then GW2.

    RO2 isn't bad yet again, just isn't the best on the market. Accept the fact that there are better games and MOVE ON.
    Didnt say it was the best.

    Thanks for the concern tho.
    Livin' proof of a dying dream

  23. #23
    Illgamez Insomniac Reputation: 122
    Viney1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,206
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Yeah it'll do fine.. Some people have too high of an expectation for RO games. I think I'll go Beastmaster this time rather than the tanky class. Games like RO2 and even RO1 are the kind of casual friendly games that you can just go onto whenever you're bored of another game. It's perfectly fine, and keeps it enjoyable. With an NA host like Warp Portal, it'll do fine and actually have a chance to succeed, unlike SEA version which was mediocre at best.
    Current Games:

    Blade and Soul NA
    Black Desert NA
    Albion Online (CBT)

    Waiting for:

    Overwatch (CBT)

  24. #24
    Ride emí Yoshi Reputation: 17
    renrinken's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    183
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Heartyace View Post
    GW2 isn't generic.... Where did that even come from.

    Lotro and Everquest aren't popular (Anymore) so it's safe to assume it's mediocre in this age.

    WoW is popular for being popular. A friend of mine argued with me about how great it was, with his only supportive evidence being it had a better cinematic trailer then GW2.

    RO2 isn't bad yet again, just isn't the best on the market. Accept the fact that there are better games and MOVE ON.
    People are naturally sheep, people hear the word generic be thrown around and start applying it to everything under the sun. MMO by their very nature are iterative. They grow upon their successors. RO2 is just game along that line of iteration. As you say RO2 isnt a bad game, just simply a bit to niche for everyone to enjoy. But because people are sheep they will start flaming a game when they hear other people talk crap, exact thing happened to GW2.

    I can almost guarantee that 60% of complaints on RO2 are from people who never even played the game.

  25. #25
    ChimaeraOne's Cookie Reputation: 52
    Heartyace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    1,343
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kait0s View Post
    Didnt say it was the best.

    Thanks for the concern tho.
    Even though my post was almost completely directed at Candy. I'll give you an explaination.

    I resisted saying it was mediocre, because then I'd get a whole lotta rage about how good it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Your average commentor
    If she has anime flu, she will die.
    Wakfu: Roxie Hubrecut

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •