NCsoft or Gameforge?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Ride emí Yoshi Reputation: 9
    Down that one road. Beside that big tree.

Default NCsoft or Gameforge?

Just wondering which Aion is better to play? Im from the US but for some reason the NCSoft launcher wont even start for me. So i decided to download gameforge aion. But i would really like to know which one do people prefer? Thanks

FabianN's Fanatic Reputation: 70

Gameforge aion isn't USA: http://us.gameforge.com/client-games

nor is it UK: http://en.gameforge.com/client-games

So what are you?
    Last edited by coldReactive; 03-15-2013 at 03:59 PM.

Only plays Burst Magic DPS Classes and Healers.
    Playing MMO: FFXIV (Ragnarok)
    Waiting On: EQ Next, FFXV, KH3, Tree of Savior ∑ Saving For: An Epic Computer / PS Vita

Well i was just going to test it out on gameforge till i can get the NC launcher to work. Im from usa but on there downloader i havent picked a country. Do you know what would cause the NC launcher not to work?

Quote Originally Posted by Crazedkilla View Post
    Well i was just going to test it out on gameforge till i can get the NC launcher to work. Im from usa but on there downloader i havent picked a country. Do you know what would cause the NC launcher not to work?
    Do you proxy your system? Or use Windows 8? Launcher needs admin privs as I recall. AION won't install on Windows 8 even if ncsoft launcher installs and runs.

Waiting On: EQ Next, FFXV, KH3, Tree of Savior ∑ Saving For: An Epic Computer / PS Vita

I dont do either. I just wanted to test out Aion. Taking a break from Tera and wanted to try something new.

I dont do either. I just wanted to test out Aion. Taking a break from Tera and wanted to try something new.
    SOL then. No one has the problems we have, so you won't get support for it

Oh well...back to Tera then

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 188

Gameforge
    Ha. Ha. HA. HA!

NCsoft
    Gonna go cry now.

Gameforge - banned a ton of my guildmates for sending each other resources during a 100 vs. 150 alliance PvP war that I was organizing and telling people to help each other with supplies for troops. They did not want to update the game (Ikariam) to the latest foreign-version, so instead nerfed the building upgrade-costs to make stuff take a while to build. Except... They nerfed the storage to cost MORE TO UPGRADE THAN THE STORAGE COULD HOLD which meant you couldn't upgrade ANY buildings, and then after almost a MONTH of this... They patched-out the upgrade-costs Help-Wiki... On an April Fool's patch (to delete the info showing that their upgrading-costs were flawed)... And didn't fix the bug for another month.

NCsoft - mass-banned a guild of 100 members for exploiting a vendor. Mass-banned tons of players for AFK'ing at a popular group-questing location. Shutdown City of Heroes for NO REASON other than to have enough servers to run GW2 for the first two weeks of launch... I could go-on about their promises for 'eSports'...

TL;DR - I dislike both companies, but if I had to choose, I would play the server where my friends are.
    ... That moment when you realized that your bath towel is covered in sawdust.

ChimaeraOne's Cookie Reputation: 52

Gameforge: No comment

NCsoft: Well they're pretty much the best mmo publisher in NA, Yes COH was shut down for B&S and GW2 to be released. But if they shut it down, while it was making a living. I'm pretty sure they're stressing that GW2 and B&S would be so popular they don't even need the extra cash coming in from COH. Because COH was really popular.

I'd just go with NCsoft, tell your friends too. Gameforge just isn't worth the trouble.
    Quote Originally Posted by Quote
    IPandawa was a minor god who came to power and joined the ranks of the twelve when she discovered a recipe for the perfect bamboo wine/milk.
    Wakfu: Roxie Hubrecut

`Doll's Dishwasher Reputation: 101

<--- scared of and disappointed with Aion's distributors :/

i like to think NGD (developer of Regnum) is better but
    1) a lot of players say they take ages to respond on tickets (they responded to me pretty fast, 24 hours)
    2) the game has bugs 5 years old which people talk about but have not been fixed ( none of them gamebreaking)
    3) players complain about things like combat/realm imbalance (but the players say overall it is good)
    4) people considering playing complain the gfx is not good enough (community says they do not want better gfx)
    etc etc
    i am not sure about Aika or Aion, but at least NGD developers still play ingame regularly.
    Last edited by queenvoo; 03-16-2013 at 06:47 AM.
    Be warned - I am a major player of Regnum Online the mmo. I've been playing it for about 2 years and rarely go without logging in at least once a day. You can also look at good alternatives to Regnum such ase Aion online and Aika Online.

http://i.imgur.com/OR8cPqY.gif
    http://i.minus.com/iuujAXwnufVSO.jpg
    http://i.minus.com/ibvD03fDh31lre.jpg
    http://i.minus.com/ibwoHNBFwlmuZF.gif
    http://i.minus.com/ibcdlNG4kU0IyS.gif

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast