Recreational Game

Bongo Crazy Kong Reputation: 10

Default Recreational Game

Name the points that makes your game fun, how it should look and why.

This is my question to community, since I seen countless people talking about game like its work, when its suppose to be fun pass time. At this day and age game is one of the major community forming power, but most of the time its stressful and more like work creating just one more working enviroment. Help me a member of this community see once more why are the online games fun and how should I play them to be it so ( No clan, parties or friends purely game form) and as you answer this question you will once more have fun playing, as you will answer this question for me and yourself.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 108

Having a class system where a character is not bound to a single class but actually has every class available to them, and you can swap out classes at any given time (as long as you're outside of combat). But then again I stopped playing said game because it lacked in everything else.

Bongo Crazy Kong Reputation: 20

said game = eden eternal heuheueueuheuheuheuheueuheueuheueueuehuehueh

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 185

Smooth character animations
    High-playerbase
    High PvP skillcap
    Player-driven economy
    PvP ladder/matchmaking

Quote Originally Posted by kestas19 View Post
    Help me a member of this community see once more why are the online games fun and how should I play them to be it so ( No clan, parties or friends purely game form) and as you answer this question you will once more have fun playing, as you will answer this question for me and yourself.
    I don't play for fun. I used to play to get good at eSports, then to make money, and now... Just to distract myself from real life and get some praise.

Quake indeed eden had good idea but it was still too influenced by wow success as every new game since it came out blocking all the potential growth. So if people would just stop living inside games and make more casual moves like changing old for new i believe eden ethernal would not be the only one with such system remember we are the ones that build the game styles even here and now some developer might be looking for new idea and if big amount of people talk about it they will make it happen.

Phenoca you are the creation of single minded market. In no way this is an insult to you but to industry they take other success in to their own work way to much making every damn game look similar with maybe one or two differences. And if some one try something new community automatically dooms it because they do not wish to leave the old games that has become more of a second life for them then recreational pass time.

P.S Awesome Sign Pheno

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 185

Quote Originally Posted by kestas19 View Post
    And if someone try something new community automatically dooms it because they do not wish to leave the old games that have become more of a second life for them than recreational pass time.
    I've quit multiple part-time jobs (fun jobs) for the sake of freeing-up time for my guild. Unless I am out of food, I spend every waking hour at my computer, and if I am too tired to focus on a game, then I fall-asleep in front of my laptop. Once I have accomplished everything that I want to in a game, then I move on to something new. In January, I "moved on" to real life. I came back to real life, and started focusing entirely on that. But I was very quickly reminded of why real life sucks. So now I'm back to playing League of Legends (after quitting for the fifth time since 2008). I wouldn't call gaming a "second" life. More of a first.

As stated league of legends for a fifth time. There dota 2, smite, hon and other less known titles with more unique features and i trust you tried and dissliked them, but there are some that just read few bad post and go meh il stick to this. And i know my statement was slightly over board but thats is my method of getting attention i just wanted to say theres way too many people who are just afraid to try something new because they put so much in to old. Its like gasoline industry there efficient and well running electric and watter cars but people think its not worth it without trying and companies abuse that. Just saying keep open mind