Crowd Funding | Kickstarter / IndieGogo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Sonicís Milkshake Reputation: 19

Default Crowd Funding | Kickstarter / IndieGogo

Been working on our KickStarter & IndieGogo campaign for a couple of weeks now as a part of our game development campaign.

Almost everything is already prepared, We are ready & approved in IndieGogo, but in kickstarter we haven't submitted our campaign yet coz we are finalizing our video. Our project is 3rd Person View Online Game, which has a new twist. You may check our FB page, Twitter and site.

https://twitter.com/SEDAInteractive
    http://www.facebook.com/SEDAInteractive
    http://www.sedainteractive.com

We are looking for more supporters before we launch our campaign, hope you guys would support us.
    I might post new thread for our campaign, i hope mods will not mind it though its game related.

Cheers lads,

Check it out

more details on the site & social pages

Dixie Banana Bar Reputation: 10

Move to shameless promotion?

How come this became shameless promotion? This is being developed.

Bladin's Sword Sharpener Reputation: 134

Quote Originally Posted by JinjerAngel View Post
    How come this became shameless promotion? This is being developed.
    I think this section is more for amateur developers helping each other with code,art; game ideas, looking for team members and the like.

This thread is more of a promotion of your kickstarter than anything. You'd probably get more views in the shameless promotion section too, to be honest. Not much traffic comes through here.
    Last edited by .c64; 03-27-2013 at 02:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by .c64 View Post
    I think this section is more for amateur developers helping each other with code,art; game ideas, looking for team members and the like.

This thread is more of a promotion of your kickstarter than anything. You'd probably get more views in the shameless promotion section too, to be honest. Not much traffic comes through here.
    Read that in the rules, but didn't specify or didn't emphasize that a game being developed or for a kickstarter campaign can't post here.

"Welcome to OnRPG's Development Section! (Read First)
    Welcome to the game development section. One of the deadest corners of OnRPG! But that's okay! A few of us are still here Ostensibly, this forum is everything to do with game development, though in practice, it's more oriented towards programming (given that that's what I do), but advice about pretty much any aspect of the process can be had here.

Whether you're a beginner with no experience making games, or someone who's been around a bit longer, everyone's welcome. There are absolutely no stupid questions! Feel free to ask anything, from a question as basic to "How does I make games!?" to "Do you have any suggestions for a hierarchical space partitioning algorithm for situation X?" to "Does anyone know a good modeling program?". Try and search around first, but no one'll get too mad if you ask a repeat (it's pretty dead in here). Usually, stuff gets answered within the day, but no promises.

===========================================

For those of you who've been here before, here's what just happened (I know there's one or two of you). Things were getting cluttered, and since the game development forum is relatively inactive, things have been slashed down to one section, which, IMO makes sense. I'm also going to be making some minor changes to the section in general; hopefully making it somewhat more active, by making it more relevant and generally more interesting."

Though this is just an information of a game being developed with the help of kickstarter.

Bladin's Sword Sharpener Reputation: 134

Well I personally think it should still be in shameless promotion unless you were going to detail some of the development process here.

I don't think anyone wants this section turning into a wall of kickstarter threads with their excuse being "well JinjerAngel was allowed!".

Quote Originally Posted by .c64 View Post
    Well I personally think it should still be in shameless promotion unless you were going to detail some of the development process here.

I don't think anyone wants this section turning into a wall of kickstarter threads with their excuse being "well JinjerAngel was allowed!".
    Initially, kickstarter admins will be their first problem, kickstarter needs approval though.

Anyway, ofcourse i will update it here.

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Let us know how you go with your campaigns! Good luck, the concept art looks nice.

PIXADOM - FREE ONLINE 2D PIXEL MONSTER MMORPG

Pixadom is a free 2D online pixel MMORPG where you can fight monsters, meet new people, chat and play games, explore the virtual Pixadom world, battle with other players, complete quests, earn XP, and more!

`Doll's Dishwasher Reputation: 92

looks more like shameless promotion to me :/

if you are posting here in a game development section, then it is meant to be more about the passion of game development than just shouting about your new kickstarter. that means having enough solid ideas about the game you are developing or the theory of game development and then coming here to discuss those details. otherwise this section would be full of shallow promotional kickstarters.

core developed countries maybe like the US, UK, Germany, Japan can enunciate in deep detail about their gaming idea. You should too.
    What is so special about your game? What sets it apart from others? I see nothing from your website that says the game is anything special. You mentioned striking specific body parts- but why is this so good? Any new theories on damage calculation? Formulas? Stats? Maths? How big is the game going to be? moba or mmo? What will assure its success? And don't say that a stamina system is going to do this. Think before you put things down on the screen.
    Be warned - I am a major player of Regnum Online the mmo. I've been playing it for about 2 years and rarely go without logging in at least once a day. You can also look at good alternatives to Regnum such ase Aion online and Aika Online.

http://i.imgur.com/OR8cPqY.gif
    http://i.minus.com/iuujAXwnufVSO.jpg
    http://i.minus.com/ibvD03fDh31lre.jpg
    http://i.minus.com/ibwoHNBFwlmuZF.gif
    http://i.minus.com/ibcdlNG4kU0IyS.gif

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast