Which is better VB or C++?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Danteís Inferno Reputation: 10

C++ rocks.

Period.

Link's Dirty Sock Reputation: 10

Lets see here, VB is a good language simple, easy to learn, and plus comes with programs that let you see what your doing and you just go ahead double click the object in the prog your creating and then you code. C++ i think is something i would love to get into, it looks way more flexable then any language i have seen. NOT SAYING THATS ITS THE BEST, but it looks likes alot of these game companies are using it now. I still think it just depends on what you want to do. All languages have boundaries some more then others so it just depends.

Just as everybody says, it depends on your preference.

Bongo Crazy Kong Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by naruto1327
    Some people may have a different perspective of "cout << " because its commonly pronounced as "see-OUT", and the " << " has a visual effect as to the flowing of text onto the screen.
    Actually it all depends on the way people think and react to code. I personally have seen Visual Basic code at the same time have seen C++ code and was just find with it.
    Personally I like C++ better ,but at the end it comes out to which gets the job done quicker and better. Lets say for Applications I would go for Visual Basics becauses thats what it was made for, but don't get me wrong some really nice games have been made in Visual Basics.For those of you who are interested in NarutoRealm that is written in Visual Basics.

Oh but thats just my opinion. =P

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

I am a noob to these boards but have been programming for over 10 years, primarily in VC++, currently I am writing code in VB.NET at work and C# for my own application. Iíve also programmed in PASCAL and some other obscure language. I prefer the C style of programming because Iíve done it for most of my professional carrier.

As far as the question which is better VB or C++ like some have pointed and showed you the pros and cons of each one. I personally think that C++ is more powerful primarily because of its ability to address direct memory location and manipulate them with hardly any effort.

Really though I think you are asking the wrong question. The questions you should be asking is what kind of stuff do I want program? Once you have answered that you need to then look at the most common denominator as far as programming languages then go learn that. If you donít learn that most used language you are just limiting your marketability.

Personally I think a programmer that is worth his/her weight can pick up any 4GL and learn to program in it with a very little learning curve. Surely there are limitations to some 4GL programming languages out there but mostly the difference between one programming languages is syntax. Programming Zen for me is to be able to take pseudo code and then be able to translate that pseudo code into any 4GL.

The most important thing to learn, is object orientation. Learn to look at things broken up into very basic objects and that object put together can be put together to make other more complex objects. So on and so forth.

Also to note for Windows computers .NET is here to stay. Since you are just getting into programming I really suggest you look at downloading the free Microsoft's C# Express development environment. Unless you want to make cross platform games then learning C is your best option.

Sorry for the long post.

No need to be sorry for posting something long. What is VC++?

Link's Dirty Sock Reputation: 10

What is VC++?
    Microsoft's C++ IDE.

OHH. Ok thanks =P

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234