PvP-Only MMO

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Default PvP-Only MMO

Before anyone mentions shai or aika or anything of the sort, I don't want a pvp-intensive mmo, I want a PvP ONLY mmo. So if anyone knows of one please let me know I want to feel character progression, no MOBAs already play LoL.

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Not sure what exactly you mean by PvP only MMO but if your looking for a MMO that has a lot of PvP and it's a PvP anytime/anywhere then a game I'd recommend is Conquer Online. Once you reach level 27+ (Which takes maybe 2-3 Hours at most I believe) then you can fight anyone else that is that level or higher. Only places you can't fight people is in the First City (and the market) but pretty much all the other areas can be a pvp.

SuperKenshin's Servent Reputation: 47

GW2 but it's b2p

But there is not that much progression other than gaining levels to unlock skins.

Other than that, I don't know...probably any of these random games like ArcheBlade or similar.

Xenonight2's Zealot Reputation: 60

Quote Originally Posted by Adamaris View Post
    GW2 but it's b2p

But there is not that much progression other than gaining levels to unlock skins.

Other than that, I don't know...probably any of these random games like ArcheBlade or similar.
    Guild Wars 2 doesn't require pvp at all, ever. OP wants an MMO that requires PVP for character progression.

Planetside 2 I guess would fall under your thing, it's more of an MMOBA than a standard MOBA. However, Maestia would more fit your bill for MMORPG. Maestones are required for meaningful character progression in it, and come from PVP.

DEMON GIRL APPRECIATION DAY (May 4th)
    Playing MMO: FFXIV (Ragnarok)
    Waiting On: EverQuest Next ∑ Saving For: PlayStation 4

Game Journalist Reputation: 394

Quote Originally Posted by coldReactive View Post
    Guild Wars 2 doesn't require pvp at all, ever. OP wants an MMO that requires PVP for character progression.

Planetside 2 I guess would fall under your thing, it's more of an MMOBA than a standard MOBA. However, Maestia would more fit your bill for MMORPG. Maestones are required for meaningful character progression in it, and come from PVP.
    PS2 has a persistent world, tho, not a battle arena (lobby-based).
    "....However, as with all things, you will encounter the odd retard and or asshole."
    -Cingal
    -------(New Video!)------------------------(New Post!)[7/23]----------(Now recruiting for ArcheAge!!!)[4/28]
    Youtube Channel | Twitch | Gaming Blog | Amitabha Gaming Guild

Xenonight2's Zealot Reputation: 60

Quote Originally Posted by ApocaRUFF View Post
    PS2 has a persistent world, tho, not a battle arena (lobby-based).
    TF2 isn't lobby-based. It's server-based.

DEMON GIRL APPRECIATION DAY (May 4th)
    Playing MMO: FFXIV (Ragnarok)
    Waiting On: EverQuest Next ∑ Saving For: PlayStation 4

Game Journalist Reputation: 394

Quote Originally Posted by coldReactive View Post
    TF2 isn't lobby-based. It's server-based.
    I didn't mention TF2? One of the key signature of a MOBA is that it is lobby based and that players do not get the option to host a server or game (tho they can create them, they are just hosted on official servers maintained and provided by the developer/publisher). A majority of FPS games do not fall under this, including PS2 (Planetside 2). PS2 specifically doesn't fall under MOBA because it takes place in a persistent world that contains thousands of other players participating in separate, or the same, location.
    Last edited by ApocaRUFF; 04-08-2013 at 06:51 AM.
    "....However, as with all things, you will encounter the odd retard and or asshole."
    -Cingal
    -------(New Video!)------------------------(New Post!)[7/23]----------(Now recruiting for ArcheAge!!!)[4/28]
    Youtube Channel | Twitch | Gaming Blog | Amitabha Gaming Guild

Ride emí Yoshi Reputation: 10

i would recommend Darkfall: Unholy Wars. Its more or less only PvP. Its skill basted and if you die the killed can loot your stuff.
    Since you gain equipment/loot from killing other players, it have created a world with only pvp. There is seiges and openworld pvp.
    Live Gameplay,Giveaways and more
    http://Twitch.tv/Sonhooo

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 188

But... Games like Lost Saga, Subspace Continuum, Gunbound, Arche Blade... They are all instance-based!

Any PvP-based game needs to have PvP-objectives. Once those objectives have been captured, they need to reset after one team is victorious. So if the game has ZERO PvE... You can bet it will be instance-based. And if it is instance-based and has PvP then I define it as a 'MOBA' (multiplayer online battle arena).

Wait..!

PUZZLE PIRATES Edit: Noooo - nevermind.

Quote Originally Posted by offspring92 View Post
    Not sure what exactly you mean by PvP only MMO but if your looking for a MMO that has a lot of PvP and it's a PvP anytime/anywhere then a game I'd recommend is Conquer Online. Once you reach level 27+ (Which takes maybe 2-3 Hours at most I believe) then you can fight anyone else that is that level or higher. Only places you can't fight people is in the First City (and the market) but pretty much all the other areas can be a pvp.
    Yeah Conquer Online sounds appropriate! You can also try card games or strategy games, like

Quote Originally Posted by Phenoca View Post
    TCG:
    The Far Wilds (inspired by MTG and Battle for Wesnoth)
    BattleForge (inspired by RTS, has PvE also)
    Pox Nora
    Urban Rivals

MOBA:
    AirMech (inspired by Herzog Zwei)
    Stellar Impact

Not Exactly MOBA:
    World of Tanks
    War of the Roses
    Chivalry: Medieval Warfare
    ^These are all PvP games with character progression. Though TCG games tend to be pay-to-win.
    Last edited by Phenoca; 04-08-2013 at 03:43 PM.
    ... That moment when you realized that your bath towel is covered in sawdust.

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 20

Quote Originally Posted by Sonho View Post
    i would recommend Darkfall: Unholy Wars. Its more or less only PvP. Its skill basted and if you die the killed can loot your stuff.
    Since you gain equipment/loot from killing other players, it have created a world with only pvp. There is seiges and openworld pvp.
    I played Darkfall and DF:UW beta, unfortunately they are dead. Darkfall shut down and DF:UW is not doing well, it was supposed to be released in November and still hasn't released I believe; if it has released it has almost no playerbase.

I am not hating on the game, I used to live it, but it's a waste of time as almost no one plays it.