Grimlands attempting second life through Kickstarter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 245

Cool Grimlands attempting second life through Kickstarter

You might have seen Grimlands on the website of our former publisher gamigo who supported development so far. Why then, are we turning to Kickstarter now?

The reason is simple: gamigo was sold to another company last year and – without going into confidential details – changed its strategy from Development to only Distribution. Several games were cancelled, some put on hold and unfortunately, Grimlands was one of them. However, after more than four years of hard work, countless sleepless nights, weekends spend in the office and several million Dollars invested in development, we are refusing to give up.

There is no way around it, even though we are close to release, big games cost big money. With the recent economic downturn and some game companies closing doors, investors are shying away from hardcore games. Many publishers look only at mobile and social games. Yet we believe in a true hard core MMORPG: We have raised money from relatives and friends to keep the project alive so far but in order to finish it, we need your help!

But it’s not only about finishing Grimlands: Had we turned to external sources like publishers, investment firms, or loans to finance the development, promotion, servers, new content and support, it would mean to again have strings attached that can quickly steer the game in the wrong direction and away from our initial vision.

Crowd-sourced fundraising like Kickstarter now gives a way out of this situation and gives independent developers the resources needed to develop their game exactly like they envisioned it. This is why we decided to take Grimlands to Kickstarter and ensure that it will be presented to gamers the way we envisioned it from the beginning without any compromised to be made on the way there.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...pg-shooter-mmo
    Quote Originally Posted by Mime Taxidermy View Post
    I don't think that Internet Explorer can display CSS, only HTML.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
    Looks like fun to me, when the creatures die and freeze then burst into a bunch of smaller cubes makes me squeal like a small girl.

Game Journalist Reputation: 407

They're not going to reach their goal of $630,000. They should have made the goal much, much lower and hoped people would over donate. Or gone with Indiegogo so they could at least get some of the funds.
    "....However, as with all things, you will encounter the odd retard and or asshole."
    -Cingal
    -------(New Video!)------------------------(New Post!)[8/13]----------(Updated for ArcheAge!)[4/28]
    Youtube Channel | Twitch | Gaming Blog | Amitabha Gaming Guild

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 220

I was actually all for it maybe even going as far as support it but then I read about the premium accounts and got instantly got turned off. I'd rather not support another game that does all the premium bullshit thank you very much.

Manic's Maniacal Machine Reputation: 98

I played in the CB for its brief 2-3 day beta, and was unable to play for more than 10 minutes due to a bug with log in and the game. They didn't end up fixing it until weeks after the beta, and by then it was too late..
    Playing: World of Warcraft (Kel Thuzad Alliance)

SuperKenshin's Servent Reputation: 20

fallout online like mmo didn't even make it out of CB

Banned Reputation: 34

mostly like i think it was stop because gamigo was scare they lost profit because of fallen earth was all ready doing it and has mounts

`Doll's Dishwasher Reputation: 12

nothing new in this one, same bullshit like every game, they really need to think outside the box and create something new and innovative.

Just look at all the new Korean/Jap games in development in 2013, all focusing on fast paced action combat, seems like thats where next generation of gaming is going.
    Nano.. Nano.. Nano..
    "NO MATTER WHERE YOU PLAN TO SPEND ETERNITY"

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 245

Quote Originally Posted by Felore View Post
    nothing new in this one, same bullshit like every game, they really need to think outside the box and create something new and innovative.
    Nothing new in this comment, same bullshit like every comment, he really needs to think outside the box and create some new comment and innovative.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mime Taxidermy View Post
    I don't think that Internet Explorer can display CSS, only HTML.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
    Looks like fun to me, when the creatures die and freeze then burst into a bunch of smaller cubes makes me squeal like a small girl.

Online Phantom Reputation: 228

I read that the game has been in development for 5 years already? Not really sure, but if that is true and given how the game currently looks via the new uploaded videos, I would say the game deserve to die.

Cingal's Collar Reputation: 31

So... It's Fallen Earth... With a new name, and hopefully not bugged all to hell?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast