Factors you consider when choosing a game

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Dixie Banana Bar Reputation: 11

Default Factors you consider when choosing a game

Ever since action MMORPG's came out, i feel like point-and-click or WASD + mouse and target-locked combat would already feel boring to me. Well, i just tried Rose Online again as i keep seeing there are many players. Plus i wasn't really able to explore the game years back. It's well-made for an mmorpg that started 2005-ish but im having some hesitations because of the controls. but overall, i think i could learn to love it and they say it only takes about 2weeks for you to reach cap. Im just after end game PvP actually

So how about you, what factors do you consider when you are choosing a game to play?

Sonicís Milkshake Reputation: 10

hmmm first thing i consider is graphics i just don't like too old
    kind of characters and then if it looks good enough then i will
    try and play and see how long it can hold me

`Doll's Dishwasher Reputation: 92

i think the first thing for me to consider is : is the time i am putting in to grind characters / learn new combat or skill sytem going to make a worthwhile return ?

so if the game only has quests and no endgame, and the quests lasts 2 years, i will not play it.
    stuff like gfx, control setup etc etc are not the main issue for me.

for example, since i like PvP as an endgame - if it has good pvp and a loyal playerbase, then in theory the game could last 10 years. this is because u dont need new content or gfx to have good pvp. u just need a good pvp/combat system. the rest is just stuff to get comfy with.
    if what you like is new content or quests, then the developer has to have a good track record of regular new content (maybe DDO?). if what you like is playing music, then the mmo has to have a good music playing system (Lotro or... Gekkeiju Online maaaybe). Whatever it is, i prefer a 10+ year game life on the time i put in to grind my chars.

of course, if yur criteria is a series of things like: gfx, community, minimal grind etc - then the game will never last more than a year+ for you. that's because after 1 year, all your criteria will no longer be satisfied (and your time spent grinding will be wasted).
    Last edited by queenvoo; 04-09-2013 at 08:43 AM.
    Be warned - I am a major player of Regnum Online the mmo. I've been playing it for about 2 years and rarely go without logging in at least once a day. You can also look at good alternatives to Regnum such ase Aion online and Aika Online.

http://i.imgur.com/OR8cPqY.gif
    http://i.minus.com/iuujAXwnufVSO.jpg
    http://i.minus.com/ibvD03fDh31lre.jpg
    http://i.minus.com/ibwoHNBFwlmuZF.gif
    http://i.minus.com/ibcdlNG4kU0IyS.gif

ChimaeraOne's Cookie Reputation: 29

Ah I think I'm too picky when it comes to picking the right mmorpg to play.

- Decent Graphics (Anime style usually)
    - Decent combat (I'm a big fan of Ragnarok and Holic when it comes to combat)
    - Decent Community (Nice and Friendly community with the least amount of trolls as possible)
    - Minimal Grind (I don't mind grinding but I would rather a steady progression with questing rather than a mob grind)
    - Active community (Has to be an active community and If I see a few afker's in town and nothing happening on world chat etc I will usually quit straight away.
    - Ability to solo (I'm not anti social but I like the ability of being able to solo when I want to.

There are more things I'm picky on but cant think of them right now.

Probably explains why I haven't found a mmorpg I actually like for years now LOL.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 220

As long as its fun to me I'll play it, of course playing with friends/a guild is an added bonus.

Snakes Big Toe Reputation: 20

i consider combat/skill/stat systems as the most important thing in a mmo but as new mmos have simplified all of it so much its almost non-exsistent (i guess thats why i was exstatic about TSW as it has tons of different build possibilities) so its no wonder that anarchy online is one of my favourite mmos. ROSE was fun and i still think its a game worth playing, although i do wish they had released more of the planned planets but oh well. I was always fine with point and click and i think i still am (although when i tried scarlet blade i was horrified how bad it was)

ChimaeraOne's Cookie Reputation: 38

I mainly look in combat. If i feel thrilled/satisfying, then its its good enough for me (cant ask for too much in mmos these days ;/).

NOW PLAYING:
    D3

WAITING FOR:
    Wonderking
    Tree of Saviour

Str1der's Stooge Reputation: 181

It's not P2Win
    Has end-game and playerbase.

Diddy Kong's Boxers Reputation: 22

for me it is simpel I got like 4 factors when I pick a mmo

Is it fun ?
    Does my only friend want to play it or is playing it?
    Does it have cool armors?
    Does it have open world PK? If so im not going tuch it ever like age of wushu.

Norrin Radd's Nerd Rage Reputation: 26

I take into consideration two main things.

1. Is it fun?
    2. Does it have a healthy community?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast