Looking for an MMORPG with good customization of your Character

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Default Looking for an MMORPG with good customization of your Character

Hey everyone.

I hope that you can help me here at this forums. I have an issue of finding a good MMORPG that i could play now.
    There are alot of upcoming MMOs that look interesting, but i need something to do right now.

Heres an example for what im looking for; Basically i would like to play a Game in which i can customize my Class as much as possible.
    To clarify this: Noone should have to be the same in that game. I really dont like it when people can all just do the same.
    I want to be able to choose from what i can do and what i cant.

Another example for what i call customization, if you take Guild Wars 1 for example you had alot of different skills to choose from, but you could only use 8 at a time. When we stretch that to an MMO im looking for, it would be like; I want to be able to choose from a variety of skills, which is big enough that nobody would be the same.

I know im asking for a tough question here, and i am already searching the internet up and down to find something good.
    Other things that concern me at such a game would be

-decent graphics (they dont need to be top notch, but atleast on the level of Age of Conan or Animeish)
    -PvP (well atleast some kind of pvp mode, but more than just duelling)
    -f2p would be nice, but im also willing to pay, as long as its within my budget....

Defiance is a Game that i looked at, but its a little bit over my budget so i cant try that, which makes me kinda sad.
    I played Rift and Secret World, both didnt appeal to me, while my biggest issue with Secret World definetly the wierd programming of that game is.... its the only mmo i have played that causes my laptop to overheat... not that nice...

Anyway thanks for your help and im pretty sure that i forgot to mention some stuff....

your
    Toran

Samus' Girdle Reputation: 10

Graphics are a bit dated, but if you really want to be a one of a kind snowflake UO might work for you. You can be whatever you want to be, a wandering healer, a swordsman, a mage, a necromancer, a sneaking thief, an archer, etc etc. A very wide range of skills to chose from, you train them similar to how you train skills in Morrowind games. PvP is pretty deep and there is a pretty high learning curve.
    There are some free shards (servers) that are similar to the official OSI shards if you google for 'em and they are always pretty populated.

Other than that, maybe Darkfall. Kind of similar with a bit better graphics.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 188

Runescape, Mabinogi, and Wurm Online have a lot of character growth options. There are also a few sandbox-games with detailed character-growth (Haven & Hearth? A Tale in the Desert? Mortal Online? Salem?)

For some reason the Magi Demo comes to mind. EDIT: Ryzom, FFXIV, and Star Wars Galaxies also have in-depth crafting systems.

Quote Originally Posted by ToranR View Post
    i would like to play a Game in which i can customize my Class as much as possible.
    To clarify this: Noone should have to be the same in that game.
    Was gonna post some identical gw1 avatars, but after Googling...

I think City of Heroes, EVE Online, Ragnarok, and DC Universe Online have detailed skill trees. Path of Exile has EXCELLENT customization!!! I am also looking-forward to Otherland and The Repopulation.

So if you want a unique character - I recommend Runescape/Mabinogi/Path of Exile
    Last edited by Phenoca; 04-11-2013 at 03:23 AM.
    ... That moment when you realized that your bath towel is covered in sawdust.

Lothia's Lurker Reputation: 70

Perfect World International. Oh, you meant skill customization?

Mabinogi, The Secret World. Or go play Final Fantasy II.

Only plays Burst Magic DPS Classes and Healers.
    Playing MMO: FFXIV (Ragnarok)
    Waiting On: EverQuest Next, FFXV, KH3 Saving For: An Epic Computer / PS Vita

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 126

If you just mean classes, builds and skills then Ragnarok Online for sure. Has really low system requirements too, so no overheating. :-)

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Hey everyone, thanks for your answers.

im going to try some of those games you mentioned, maybe one of them gets me hooked.

Sadly i cant try Ragnarok Online again... That game ist my most favorite MMO of all Time, it was my first MMO that i played, and i basically loved it. But those times are over... Not only that i hardly recognize the Game anymore, it wouldnt feel the same.
    I played it a long time ago, servers were crowded on every level segment, the community was pretty awesome.
    You were basically not just never alone, you always had some crowd near you while leveling.That was really nice...
    Over the Years i tried to play it over and over, but it was never the same. Neither on official nor on private.
    So i guess i wont try it again,just to keep the good memories i have.