Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hey anyone playing Monster MMORPG ?

Ride emí Yoshi Reputation: 12

Question Hey anyone playing Monster MMORPG ?

Monster MMORPG is now V2

If you are playing can you give feedback ? thank you

by the way site url is : http://www.monstermmorpg.com/

and here the gameplay video

quick info

It is browser based, totally free to play mmo
    It is like pokemon but with additions and changes. So not violates any copyrights of nintendo
    Home page has plenty of information. Also game play video explains a lot of things for newc****s.
    Currently has over 1,250 monsters and total 520 maps (spread across 19 zones)
    Game maps total pixel size is 2,104,320
    Last edited by MonsterMMORPG; 04-15-2013 at 05:09 PM.
    Free Browser Based Pokemon Style Monster MMORPG Game Developer

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 162

You guys should add an ability search to the monster dex, otherwise I've been glad to see the updates that have happened and are going to happen. I don't play too much anymore but it is a fun game. Though there is an ability guide on the forums(no idea if it's updated) it would simply be a wonderful convenience to players.

Raider of Empty Tombs Reputation: 11

So. How many more times are you gonna post a new topic about your game?

Quote Originally Posted by Acreon View Post
    You guys should add an ability search to the monster dex, otherwise I've been glad to see the updates that have happened and are going to happen. I don't play too much anymore but it is a fun game. Though there is an ability guide on the forums(no idea if it's updated) it would simply be a wonderful convenience to players.
    well actually we have updated ability system
    now monsters have ability pools and 3 abilities are assigned randomly from this pool each time you catch it increased our monster variation at the game incredibly. now it is possible to come up with a lot different team builds

but you are right. we are planning v3 soon. at v3 whole game interface will be redesigned and hopefully it will be awesome. better gui with better functionality.
    Last edited by MonsterMMORPG; 04-15-2013 at 05:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MonsterMMORPG View Post
    well actually we have updated ability system
    now monsters have ability pools and 3 abilities are assigned randomly from this pool each time you catch it increased our monster variation at the game incredibly. now it is possible to come up with a lot different team builds

but you are right. we are planning v3 soon. at v3 whole game interface will be redesigned and hopefully it will be awesome. better gui with better functionality.
    i had noticed they were different but didnt know about the gene pool thing, that is pretty neat.

Quote Originally Posted by Acreon View Post
    i had noticed they were different but didnt know about the gene pool thing, that is pretty neat.
    yes game has moved v2 in 2013
    added a lot of new cool features
    we are trying to implement user suggested features as much as possible

Diddy Kong's Boxers Reputation: 31

Have you seen pokemmo? such a masterpiece if you could ask me about it. theres like tons of players and oh my god the grind is lovely
    Quote Originally Posted by MerkaMerka View Post
    How did you get a pet and cash gear in latale? the only fashion gear I see thats not money wise is free.

Shadowsworn's Sandwich Reputation: 168

Quote Originally Posted by Ceres View Post
    Have you seen pokemmo? such a masterpiece if you could ask me about it. theres like tons of players and oh my god the grind is lovely
    Ceres wtf! Send me a PM before I kick you in the nads!

I'm totally over Pokemon, and Pokemon styled games.
    Me, Me, Me, GF |&| Me! D;!

RIP the Dawngates : (

You can join my Minitroopers army!

Don't you dare quote me!

Don't you dare Rep me neither!

I don't want your petty influences upon my soul!

Quote Originally Posted by Ceres View Post
    yes it looks nice but main problem is nintendo may close it any time
    it happened to me

yes it looks nice but main problem is nintendo may close it any time
    it happened to me
    Yeah weren't you guys like...pokemon crater before?
    Though I think I'm wrong...I can never remember all the older pokemmos right xP

Norrin Radd's Nerd Rage Reputation: 99

It still looks like pokemon crater in my eyes, i wish your game was like pokemmo though, they updated the sprites to look different. i mean look at it... it's so cute and beautiful who wouldn't play this

the game works like emulators do, its a pokemon gba/ds version that you can play with others. i hope it isn't closed because it is the only pokemon game i would play online. i have pokemon dreams of me breeding my favorate pokemons and unlocking moves that you can't usually get without breeding.. it's crazy but the game doesn't have that yet.. hopefully it's added soon though i want my Encore Raichu

Quote Originally Posted by Ryukiri View Post
    It still looks like pokemon crater in my eyes, i wish your game was like pokemmo though, they updated the sprites to look different. i mean look at it... it's so cute and beautiful who wouldn't play this

the game works like emulators do, its a pokemon gba/ds version that you can play with others. i hope it isn't closed because it is the only pokemon game i would play online. i have pokemon dreams of me breeding my favorate pokemons and unlocking moves that you can't usually get without breeding.. it's crazy but the game doesn't have that yet.. hopefully it's added soon though i want my Encore Raichu
    as it becomes more like nintendo official games, its chance of getting shut down increases
    it looks almost like official gba game with even better sprites

my shut down game was PokemonCraft , i still have dmca notice

Versiyon 2.0.8 deployed on Monster MMORPG
    Here the news

* 82 new monsters added to the game
    ---- We have 4 new artists and hopefully more monsters to come

* All monsters default abilities are re-assigned
    ---- This does not affect existing monsters and the abilities pool that monsters can get when you capture new monster

* All monsters on maps are re-assigned

* All NPCs on maps are re-assigned
    ---- All NPCs monsters also re-assigned

Special weekend bonus event started
    200% bonus EXP & Gold from all battles

New monsters can be found at below

Murxidon's Maid Reputation: 43

pretty good art

Heroes of Newerth - Powster
    Savage 2 - Powster
    Starcraft 2 - Powster.380 (Master Protoss/Zerg)
    Steam (CS:S, L4D2, TF2) - Powster

Lives in City of Zeroes Reputation: 22

Nice, was waiting for v2. Does that mean that attacks have their power and stuff shown when you hover over the attack now? Having to look up a move in a giant move database all the time got really tedious, I seem to remember you saying that feature might make it into v2.

Are the move pools randomized for captured monsters only, or also for starters?

Also, still not seeing my Gardevoir :P Why is there no pretty monsters? I mean, pretty humanoid ones, plenty of your monsters are pretty, just not Gardevoir pretty. *huggles the best pokemon ever* I don't care if she's weak >.> still my favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by sutasafaia View Post
    Nice, was waiting for v2. Does that mean that attacks have their power and stuff shown when you hover over the attack now? Having to look up a move in a giant move database all the time got really tedious, I seem to remember you saying that feature might make it into v2.

Are the move pools randomized for captured monsters only, or also for starters?

Also, still not seeing my Gardevoir :P Why is there no pretty monsters? I mean, pretty humanoid ones, plenty of your monsters are pretty, just not Gardevoir pretty. *huggles the best pokemon ever* I don't care if she's weak >.> still my favorite.
    yes now you can see all information that you need for moves abilities and natures

Quote Originally Posted by Powster View Post
    pretty good art

thanks for feedback

Monster MMORPG Version 2.0.9 Beta Just Released

* 48 new natures added to the game that players suggested
    --- You can check new natures at here : http://www.monstermmorpg.com/Natures

* Special weekend bonus event started : 250% bonus for EXP & Gold from all battles

long time no see i was very busy with my Ph.D. Here returning again with a great update ^^

Version 2.1.0 Beta Deployed on MonsterMMORPG.com

* 120 New monsters added to the game. At the below of this message you can see them

* 5 Monsters images updated (replaced with better new ones)

* All monsters on all maps re-assigned

* All NPCs on all maps re-assigned

* 250% Bonus event started for weekend (don't worry hopefully following each week have)

* Currently not available to catch monsters can be seen at below (they may still be obtainable with transformation)

---- http://www.monstermmorpg.com/NotAvai...chThisTime.txt

And here comes the new monsters ^^

Version 2.1.1 has arrived to http://www.monstermmorpg.com free indie game source

Changes

* 28 New monsters added to the game. At the below of this message you can see them

* 200% Bonus event started for weekend (don't worry hopefully following each week have)

* Currently not available to catch monsters can be seen at below (they may still be obtainable with transformation)

---- http://www.monstermmorpg.com/Not-Appear-On-Maps.txt

Monsters

Version 2.1.2 Beta Deployed On MonsterMMORPG

** Maximum allowed monster count for per account increased from 2,000 to 3,000

** Special weekend bonus event started. From all battles 200% bonus EXP and Gold

I'm not really sure it is my place to say something like this, but you may want to be careful with some of your sprites. You have one that looks incredibly close to Heracross and another that looks almost exactly like a slightly thinner Snorlax wearing a bib with a fork. The rabbit with boxing gloves for ears is also looking very much like a buffed up Buneary/Lopunny. You have a lot of original work done on your game as well as a lot of time, effort, and I'm sure money that you've sunk into turning your game into a success. It would be a shame if Nintendo came down on you for having a few monsters that were too close to their Pokemon. Maybe you're creating monsters too quickly and running out of places to look for inspiration?

I mean no insult or disrespect when I say this, you already have a vast number of monsters, you might want to let that number rest for a while, work on other aspects of the game, and let your imagination recharge. It would really be a shame to accidentally step on Nintendo's toes, they aren't known for forgiveness when they think their IP is being used without permission. Again, no offense intended.

I'm not really sure it is my place to say something like this, but you may want to be careful with some of your sprites. You have one that looks incredibly close to Heracross and another that looks almost exactly like a slightly thinner Snorlax wearing a bib with a fork. The rabbit with boxing gloves for ears is also looking very much like a buffed up Buneary/Lopunny. You have a lot of original work done on your game as well as a lot of time, effort, and I'm sure money that you've sunk into turning your game into a success. It would be a shame if Nintendo came down on you for having a few monsters that were too close to their Pokemon. Maybe you're creating monsters too quickly and running out of places to look for inspiration?

I mean no insult or disrespect when I say this, you already have a vast number of monsters, you might want to let that number rest for a while, work on other aspects of the game, and let your imagination recharge. It would really be a shame to accidentally step on Nintendo's toes, they aren't known for forgiveness when they think their IP is being used without permission. Again, no offense intended.
    you are very right. but if they come and ask me i can replace those images they gonna complain

also they are not same but similar. as far as i know similar not violates any USA copyrights

so they are no big deal

you are very right. but if they come and ask me i can replace those images they gonna complain

also they are not same but similar. as far as i know similar not violates any USA copyrights

so they are no big deal
    I never said they were the same, I was simply pointing out just how similar some of them were. Hopefully nothing comes of it of course, I was just surprised at how close to some Pokemon they were at only a first glance.

Anyway, if you aren't worried, that's good to hear. I just figured I would toss it out there, just in case. I'm going to play some more MonsterMMO now :P

I never said they were the same, I was simply pointing out just how similar some of them were. Hopefully nothing comes of it of course, I was just surprised at how close to some Pokemon they were at only a first glance.

Anyway, if you aren't worried, that's good to hear. I just figured I would toss it out there, just in case. I'm going to play some more MonsterMMO now :P
    hey thanks for the concern
    as far as i know for last 3 years nintendo did not touch pokemon online games. so i believe they dont care anymore

and here the update

Version 2.1.3 Beta Deployed on MonsterMMORPG

* 60 New monsters added to the game. At the below of this thread you can see them. We have new artists and that is a good thing since it increases our chance to get new monsters in future

* Mixed general chat section added to the game. Every language can be spoken there. Good for 1 to 1 when no one else using

* Type chart page added so now you can see type effectiveness of attacking and defending types

---- http://www.monstermmorpg.com/Type-Chart

* Trade-Sell history page added for Ancient and Legendary monsters. Benefit of this is, if you happen to suspect someone selling-buying monsters for real money, you can report them to me

---- http://www.monstermmorpg.com/MonstersTradesSells.aspx

* User profile page, user monster details page won't require login anymore

* Main navigation menu organized a bit more

* All Monsters default abilities are re-assigned

* 200% Bonus event started for weekend

* Walking monster count for per map increased to 50 from 40 so not appearing monster count decreased even though total monster count increased

* 2 Existing monsters images updated
    ---- #971 Cornimy, #1031 Unimy

* New monsters images

source

Spyroís Burning Cough Reputation: 45

hey thanks for the concern
    as far as i know for last 3 years nintendo did not touch pokemon online games. so i believe they dont care anymore

and here the update

Version 2.1.3 Beta Deployed on MonsterMMORPG

* 60 New monsters added to the game. At the below of this thread you can see them. We have new artists and that is a good thing since it increases our chance to get new monsters in future

* Mixed general chat section added to the game. Every language can be spoken there. Good for 1 to 1 when no one else using

* Type chart page added so now you can see type effectiveness of attacking and defending types

---- http://www.monstermmorpg.com/Type-Chart

* Trade-Sell history page added for Ancient and Legendary monsters. Benefit of this is, if you happen to suspect someone selling-buying monsters for real money, you can report them to me

---- http://www.monstermmorpg.com/MonstersTradesSells.aspx

* User profile page, user monster details page won't require login anymore

* Main navigation menu organized a bit more

* All Monsters default abilities are re-assigned

* 200% Bonus event started for weekend

* Walking monster count for per map increased to 50 from 40 so not appearing monster count decreased even though total monster count increased

* 2 Existing monsters images updated
    ---- #971 Cornimy, #1031 Unimy

* New monsters images

source
    i played this game alot when it first came out. and honestly it was really funny. my only complaint and the reason i wont play it is because the art style of some monsters are so different then other monsters. i mean its not a good excuse. but its just how i am. Goodluck tho.
    <--- Click to hatch