Hey anyone playing Monster MMORPG ?

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    McFox Sandwich Reputation: 22

I'm not really sure it is my place to say something like this, but you may want to be careful with some of your sprites. You have one that looks incredibly close to Heracross and another that looks almost exactly like a slightly thinner Snorlax wearing a bib with a fork. The rabbit with boxing gloves for ears is also looking very much like a buffed up Buneary/Lopunny. You have a lot of original work done on your game as well as a lot of time, effort, and I'm sure money that you've sunk into turning your game into a success. It would be a shame if Nintendo came down on you for having a few monsters that were too close to their Pokemon. Maybe you're creating monsters too quickly and running out of places to look for inspiration?

I mean no insult or disrespect when I say this, you already have a vast number of monsters, you might want to let that number rest for a while, work on other aspects of the game, and let your imagination recharge. It would really be a shame to accidentally step on Nintendo's toes, they aren't known for forgiveness when they think their IP is being used without permission. Again, no offense intended.

Luigiís Pizza Reputation: 12

Quote Originally Posted by sutasafaia View Post
    I'm not really sure it is my place to say something like this, but you may want to be careful with some of your sprites. You have one that looks incredibly close to Heracross and another that looks almost exactly like a slightly thinner Snorlax wearing a bib with a fork. The rabbit with boxing gloves for ears is also looking very much like a buffed up Buneary/Lopunny. You have a lot of original work done on your game as well as a lot of time, effort, and I'm sure money that you've sunk into turning your game into a success. It would be a shame if Nintendo came down on you for having a few monsters that were too close to their Pokemon. Maybe you're creating monsters too quickly and running out of places to look for inspiration?

I mean no insult or disrespect when I say this, you already have a vast number of monsters, you might want to let that number rest for a while, work on other aspects of the game, and let your imagination recharge. It would really be a shame to accidentally step on Nintendo's toes, they aren't known for forgiveness when they think their IP is being used without permission. Again, no offense intended.
    you are very right. but if they come and ask me i can replace those images they gonna complain

also they are not same but similar. as far as i know similar not violates any USA copyrights

so they are no big deal
    Free Browser Based Pokemon Style Monster MMORPG Game Developer

Quote Originally Posted by MonsterMMORPG View Post
    you are very right. but if they come and ask me i can replace those images they gonna complain

also they are not same but similar. as far as i know similar not violates any USA copyrights

so they are no big deal
    I never said they were the same, I was simply pointing out just how similar some of them were. Hopefully nothing comes of it of course, I was just surprised at how close to some Pokemon they were at only a first glance.

Anyway, if you aren't worried, that's good to hear. I just figured I would toss it out there, just in case. I'm going to play some more MonsterMMO now :P

I never said they were the same, I was simply pointing out just how similar some of them were. Hopefully nothing comes of it of course, I was just surprised at how close to some Pokemon they were at only a first glance.

Anyway, if you aren't worried, that's good to hear. I just figured I would toss it out there, just in case. I'm going to play some more MonsterMMO now :P
    hey thanks for the concern
    as far as i know for last 3 years nintendo did not touch pokemon online games. so i believe they dont care anymore

and here the update

Version 2.1.3 Beta Deployed on MonsterMMORPG

* 60 New monsters added to the game. At the below of this thread you can see them. We have new artists and that is a good thing since it increases our chance to get new monsters in future

* Mixed general chat section added to the game. Every language can be spoken there. Good for 1 to 1 when no one else using

* Type chart page added so now you can see type effectiveness of attacking and defending types

---- http://www.monstermmorpg.com/Type-Chart

* Trade-Sell history page added for Ancient and Legendary monsters. Benefit of this is, if you happen to suspect someone selling-buying monsters for real money, you can report them to me

---- http://www.monstermmorpg.com/MonstersTradesSells.aspx

* User profile page, user monster details page won't require login anymore

* Main navigation menu organized a bit more

* All monsters on all maps re-assigned

* All NPCs on all maps re-assigned

* All Monsters default abilities are re-assigned

* 200% Bonus event started for weekend

* Walking monster count for per map increased to 50 from 40 so not appearing monster count decreased even though total monster count increased

* Currently not available to catch monsters can be seen at below (they may still be obtainable with transformation)

---- http://www.monstermmorpg.com/Not-Appear-On-Maps.txt

* 2 Existing monsters images updated
    ---- #971 Cornimy, #1031 Unimy

* New monsters images

source

500+ Posts???? Reputation: 35

Quote Originally Posted by MonsterMMORPG View Post
    hey thanks for the concern
    as far as i know for last 3 years nintendo did not touch pokemon online games. so i believe they dont care anymore

and here the update

Version 2.1.3 Beta Deployed on MonsterMMORPG

* 60 New monsters added to the game. At the below of this thread you can see them. We have new artists and that is a good thing since it increases our chance to get new monsters in future

* Mixed general chat section added to the game. Every language can be spoken there. Good for 1 to 1 when no one else using

* Type chart page added so now you can see type effectiveness of attacking and defending types

---- http://www.monstermmorpg.com/Type-Chart

* Trade-Sell history page added for Ancient and Legendary monsters. Benefit of this is, if you happen to suspect someone selling-buying monsters for real money, you can report them to me

---- http://www.monstermmorpg.com/MonstersTradesSells.aspx

* User profile page, user monster details page won't require login anymore

* Main navigation menu organized a bit more

* All monsters on all maps re-assigned

* All NPCs on all maps re-assigned

* All Monsters default abilities are re-assigned

* 200% Bonus event started for weekend

* Walking monster count for per map increased to 50 from 40 so not appearing monster count decreased even though total monster count increased

* Currently not available to catch monsters can be seen at below (they may still be obtainable with transformation)

---- http://www.monstermmorpg.com/Not-Appear-On-Maps.txt

* 2 Existing monsters images updated
    ---- #971 Cornimy, #1031 Unimy

* New monsters images

source
    i played this game alot when it first came out. and honestly it was really funny. my only complaint and the reason i wont play it is because the art style of some monsters are so different then other monsters. i mean its not a good excuse. but its just how i am. Goodluck tho.
    <--- Click to hatch

Pikachu's Flea Collar Reputation: 19

Quote Originally Posted by Krimson View Post
    i played this game alot when it first came out. and honestly it was really funny. my only complaint and the reason i wont play it is because the art style of some monsters are so different then other monsters. i mean its not a good excuse. but its just how i am. Goodluck tho.
    That is true, I recall seeing many of them looking like they are from pokemon, or should be on a children's tv show. Then you had others that looked like fantastic, almost realistic depictions of monster/creatures, clearly made by a hell of an artist. I loved the latter, the former, much like pokemon today, are rather horrible/cheesy looking. Then again, maybe it's just because I went from a child to an adult since the red/blue pokemon days, and can't stand the overly... feminine? childish? probably the horribly unrealistic aspect to the designs these days.

Anyway, reason I stopped, and I may have posted this here before is that the UI was just awful. The gameplay was fine though.

Quote Originally Posted by Krimson View Post
    well what is the problem with having different art stlye ?

so you can get the best ones that you like others can get the ones they like

Quote Originally Posted by Blackomen View Post
    That is true, I recall seeing many of them looking like they are from pokemon, or should be on a children's tv show. Then you had others that looked like fantastic, almost realistic depictions of monster/creatures, clearly made by a hell of an artist. I loved the latter, the former, much like pokemon today, are rather horrible/cheesy looking. Then again, maybe it's just because I went from a child to an adult since the red/blue pokemon days, and can't stand the overly... feminine? childish? probably the horribly unrealistic aspect to the designs these days.

Anyway, reason I stopped, and I may have posted this here before is that the UI was just awful. The gameplay was fine though.
    well you are very right about UI. i am planning total redesign but still couldnt have time

also having mixed monsters i believe give more opportunity to the players
    you can pick any of them you want ^^

Please tell me I'm not the only one that saw Halbird and thought of Quest for Camelot.

Please tell me I'm not the only one that saw Halbird and thought of Quest for Camelot.
    i dont know Quest for Camelot so cant tell you

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast