Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Camelot Unchained: The Ripple Effect

Bongo Crazy Kong Reputation: 10

Then why would you go to a Kickstarter page, that's what it is.

HopeDagger's Henchman Reputation: 23

Quote Originally Posted by Geffreyy View Post
    I think I will make a fake company and a fake game and post it on kickstarter. Just have to hire a professional artist, some actors to act as programmers and artists in the trailer, and get some game developer to back the fictional game for a cut of the earnings. A game developer whose games are failing, so much so that they have to do lay offs to afford salaries. Ask for some obscene amount which, if not reached, means we don't have to show the pledgers any game at all and we can pocket whatever was pledged before the kickstarter program was closed.

Seems like easy money.

EDIT: Jacobs, who was co-founder of Mythic games (devs of Warhammer and DAoC), already sold away the company a while ago. Basically he has nothing to his name. Yet the trailer would imply that he still owns Warhammer and DAoC. Hmm...
    Necro'd this thread to say I told you so.

I feel sorry for the gullible people who fell for this shit, and spent their hard earned money on a scam game. The scammers pocketed all the money.

Forum PvPer Reputation: 610

I feel sorry for the gullible people who fell for this shit, and spent their hard earned money on a scam game. The scammers pocketed all the money.
    seems like the 'scam' is still ongoing if so

http://citystateentertainment.tumblr.com/

Game Journalist Reputation: 484

Wut? What happened?
    "....However, as with all things, you will encounter the odd retard and or ******."
    -Cingal
    -------(New Video!)------------------------(New Post!)[4/12]----------(Updated for ArcheAge!)[4/28]
    Youtube Channel | Twitch | Gaming Blog | Amitabha Gaming Guild

Sandman's Slave Reputation: 80

Wait. What happened ?

I think I will make a fake company and a fake game and post it on kickstarter. Just have to hire a professional artist, some actors to act as programmers and artists in the trailer, and get some game developer to back the fictional game for a cut of the earnings. A game developer whose games are failing, so much so that they have to do lay offs to afford salaries. Ask for some obscene amount which, if not reached, means we don't have to show the pledgers any game at all and we can pocket whatever was pledged before the kickstarter program was closed.

Seems like easy money.

EDIT: Jacobs, who was co-founder of Mythic games (devs of Warhammer and DAoC), already sold away the company a while ago. Basically he has nothing to his name. Yet the trailer would imply that he still owns Warhammer and DAoC. Hmm...
    If pledge isn't reached, you get $ 0.00
    All or Nothing, yo.
    It's WNxPyrZern. Pleased to meet you. My 3D Character Artist Folio

HopeDagger's Henchman Reputation: 23

Quote Originally Posted by ASNZern View Post
    If pledge isn't reached, you get $ 0.00
    All or Nothing, yo.
    They reached and exceeded the pledge amount already (the ridiculous pledge amount). Yet, it has been over a year and still no little/no news. As I said, scam game is scam.

Sandman's Slave Reputation: 80

Yeah, I know that part. Was just saying.
    It's WNxPyrZern. Pleased to meet you. My 3D Character Artist Folio

General Manager Reputation: 526

There's been updates on a near weekly basis and alpha testing is already happening. Why you mad bro?

http://www.onrpg.com/articles/news/c...for-bsc-event/
    Id rather risk confusing some people than disappointing them. - Mark Jacobs

Girls dont even look up [anymore], I feel like they're brainless zombies controlled by their iphones. - Abhorsen

Follow my writing team at OnRPG.

Currently Playing: SMITE, Battleborn, Herowarz
    History: Stardew Valley, Blade & Soul, Elsword, Dragon Ball Xenoverse FFXIV, Lost Saga, Prime World, Path of Exile, League of Legends, Wizardry Online, The Secret World, TERA, Planetside 2, C9, Dragon Nest, Forsaken World, Dungeon Defenders, Realm of the Titans, Eden Eternal, Vindictus, Champions Online, PockieNinja, Black Prophecy, Warhammer, Perfect World, Maplestory, Guild Wars, Anarchy Online, Ragnarok.

Support Pancreatic Cancer Research

Game Journalist Reputation: 484

I feel this is a perfect fit after Dizzy's post.
    "....However, as with all things, you will encounter the odd retard and or ******."
    -Cingal
    -------(New Video!)------------------------(New Post!)[4/12]----------(Updated for ArcheAge!)[4/28]
    Youtube Channel | Twitch | Gaming Blog | Amitabha Gaming Guild