Camelot Unchained: The Ripple Effect

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    ChimaeraOne's Cookie Reputation: 50

Quote Originally Posted by DizzyPW View Post
    @xDrac keep waiting on your shiny treadmill.
    Can't take criticism and respect other people's opinions, huh?
    Last edited by xDrac; 04-27-2013 at 04:29 PM.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 302

2 things happen when games get sequels:
    1) fans eat their shit and love it even if it's terrible.
    2) Fans will hate it because it's a drastic change.

me? i like DAOC will i support it? no because if i want to play DAOC, i'll go play it without having to wait.

`Doll's Dishwasher Reputation: 101

i just wanted to keep encouraging onrpg, Dizzy and Mark Jacobs.

I REALLY do feel a good sequel to DAOC will arrive. mark is a great candidate to do it.
    I also feel onrpg, the mmo community and forums and their enthusiasm and resources are a fabulous and really credible way of raising money and getting projects going.

So, I don't think Mark should stop here. I think he should go on and continue to develop DAOC 2. Those ideas he has, and that Dizzy has, are all good. Just put it together and keep polishing it until it becomes credible. Then more money will flow and he will get his goal.

(ps - as im biased, it would have to be a good solid product to outshine Regnum for me. It also has to have a particular flavour to make me switch out of regnum. For example, maybe a look and feel like Torchlight cud work, tho i am not sure).
    Be warned - I am a major player of Regnum Online the mmo. I've been playing it for about 2 years and rarely go without logging in at least once a day. You can also look at good alternatives to Regnum such ase Aion online and Aika Online.

http://i.imgur.com/OR8cPqY.gif
    http://i.minus.com/iuujAXwnufVSO.jpg
    http://i.minus.com/ibvD03fDh31lre.jpg
    http://i.minus.com/ibwoHNBFwlmuZF.gif
    http://i.minus.com/ibcdlNG4kU0IyS.gif

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 188

EVERYTHING is craftable? Crafting-class with turrets? And the guy talking is adding his own $2 million to the Kickstarter. I'd love to see what happens.
    ... That moment when you realized that your bath towel is covered in sawdust.

Cloud's Hair Spray Reputation: 19

I saw it some time ago and follow it to some degree, but I haven't "And won't" pledge/support it. Is it because I dislike the ideas? No, in fact I love them. Is it that I think the game won't be finished? No, it likely will. Why then do I not support the project? Because the guy making it is Mark Jacobs, they guy behind the disaster that was Warhammer online. The most overhyped, and underdelievered mmo ever made to date. Simply put, I have ZERO faith in the guy asking for the money.

If it was ANYONE else, then I'd support it for sure.

Bladin's Sword Sharpener Reputation: 23

Lmao, wtf is this shit!?

I have not seen a single screenshot or a single trailer for Camelot Unchained. I think someone is making a documentary about how easy it is to scam people with some drawings. The pretend devs/scammers/documentarians are probably paying some sites and some youtubers to get the word out for this non-existent game.

Even the name sounds contrived "Camelot Unchained" it's sounds like a generic fantasy mmo title.
    Last edited by Geffreyy; 04-28-2013 at 07:39 AM.

Cloud's Hair Spray Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by Geffreyy View Post
    Lmao, wtf is this shit!?

I have not seen a single screenshot or a single trailer for Camelot Unchained. I think someone is making a documentary about how easy it is to scam people with some drawings. The pretend devs/scammers/documentarians are probably paying some sites and some youtubers to get the word out for this non-existent game.

Even the name sounds contrived "Camelot Unchained" it's sounds like a generic fantasy mmo title.
    All i see is a some artwork and hey!! give us some money and support us! hell yeah almost 2 mils and no screenshot wtf lol

Baby Bowsers Soiled Diaper Reputation: 36

Quote Originally Posted by ConCac View Post
    All i see is a some artwork and hey!! give us some money and support us! hell yeah almost 2 mils and no screenshot wtf lol
    There been games before which got plenty of money only with artwork

ChimaeraOne's Cookie Reputation: 50

Quote Originally Posted by janii View Post
    There been games before which got plenty of money only with artwork
    Then apparently CU just isn't doing it right lol.

Banned Reputation: 34

So, just to be clear, I clicked on this thread to be greeted by a ranting fanboy doom-crying the end of the gaming industry just because his favorite kickstarter isn't going to meet its greedy 2 million dollar goal?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast