Camelot Unchained: The Ripple Effect

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Ride emí Yoshi Reputation: 16

"All copies of Camelot Unchained come with a 1 month subscription"

Source: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...ained?ref=live

So now we know it would/will be pay to play. Not sure if I want to support this until I see more from it. The idea sounds nice but I think they are to far ahead while still being in development phase.
    Currently Playing

League Of Legends: Liquidated
    Lost Saga: Nakor
    FFXIV: Cura Curaga

Been busy with school so I haven't had much time to game.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 188

Quote Originally Posted by NAK0R View Post
    "All copies of Camelot Unchained come with a 1 month subscription"
    That's actually what turned me off.
    ... That moment when you realized that your bath towel is covered in sawdust.

Ride emí Yoshi Reputation: 16

Quote Originally Posted by Phenoca View Post
    That's actually what turned me off.
    Me to. I went there with the intent on backing it to. There's just not to much to go on and with them already thinking about payment options before other things is kinda meh. Game sounds nice and all but there going to have to present more in order to get money out of me. I agree with a lot of Dizzy's points but as we are the consumer that purchases there products (which supports development) they need to do a bit more advertising that makes me say "Take my money".
    Currently Playing

League Of Legends: Liquidated
    Lost Saga: Nakor
    FFXIV: Cura Curaga

Been busy with school so I haven't had much time to game.

Bladin's Sword Sharpener Reputation: 23

I think I will make a fake company and a fake game and post it on kickstarter. Just have to hire a professional artist, some actors to act as programmers and artists in the trailer, and get some game developer to back the fictional game for a cut of the earnings. A game developer whose games are failing, so much so that they have to do lay offs to afford salaries. Ask for some obscene amount which, if not reached, means we don't have to show the pledgers any game at all and we can pocket whatever was pledged before the kickstarter program was closed.

Seems like easy money.

EDIT: Jacobs, who was co-founder of Mythic games (devs of Warhammer and DAoC), already sold away the company a while ago. Basically he has nothing to his name. Yet the trailer would imply that he still owns Warhammer and DAoC. Hmm...
    Last edited by Geffreyy; 04-28-2013 at 11:23 PM.

Luigiís Pizza Reputation: 10

No thanks. Not enough footage, and from what I saw of their physics demo, it was really lack luster.

That and I really hate being preached at to spend money.

Bongo Crazy Kong Reputation: 0

Then why would you go to a Kickstarter page, that's what it is.

Bladin's Sword Sharpener Reputation: 23

Quote Originally Posted by Geffreyy View Post
    I think I will make a fake company and a fake game and post it on kickstarter. Just have to hire a professional artist, some actors to act as programmers and artists in the trailer, and get some game developer to back the fictional game for a cut of the earnings. A game developer whose games are failing, so much so that they have to do lay offs to afford salaries. Ask for some obscene amount which, if not reached, means we don't have to show the pledgers any game at all and we can pocket whatever was pledged before the kickstarter program was closed.

Seems like easy money.

EDIT: Jacobs, who was co-founder of Mythic games (devs of Warhammer and DAoC), already sold away the company a while ago. Basically he has nothing to his name. Yet the trailer would imply that he still owns Warhammer and DAoC. Hmm...
    Necro'd this thread to say I told you so.

I feel sorry for the gullible people who fell for this shit, and spent their hard earned money on a scam game. The scammers pocketed all the money.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 278

I feel sorry for the gullible people who fell for this shit, and spent their hard earned money on a scam game. The scammers pocketed all the money.
    seems like the 'scam' is still ongoing if so

http://citystateentertainment.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by plotto View Post
    ps @varon: its called grammatical errors. so far as i can c, u have no clue about gamer language.

Game Journalist Reputation: 407

Wut? What happened?
    "....However, as with all things, you will encounter the odd retard and or asshole."
    -Cingal
    -------(New Video!)------------------------(New Post!)[9/26]----------(Updated for ArcheAge!)[4/28]
    Youtube Channel | Twitch | Gaming Blog | Amitabha Gaming Guild

Fabio_R's Fruitcup Reputation: 80

Wait. What happened ?

Seems like easy money.

If pledge isn't reached, you get $ 0.00
    All or Nothing, yo.
    It's WNxPyrZern. Pleased to meet you.
    Pyr3D.com - My Folio
    ---

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast