Best MMORPG currently avaliable that doesn't force a monthly sub.

Hybrid View

Link's Dirty Sock Reputation: 20

Default Best MMORPG currently avaliable that doesn't force a monthly sub.

I think this is a great time to open this topic since a lot of new MMORPG's just launched like Age of Wushu, Neverwinter, Ragnarok 2, Scarlet Blade (lol) and more...

Before people start jumping to rashional conclusions like "it's based on player preferences" or any other trolling I like to say that, sure different players like different type of MMORPG's, but this is not what this topic will be about.

This topic is about gathering as much info on all current avaliable MMORPG's and comparing each other to determine what more or less they offer. Things like enjoyable combat to class choices, immersion, endgame features and pace of content updates. We currently have more choices than ever when it comes to MMORPG, but because of this I believe the market is scattered and we are seeing a lot of MMORPG's but with reduced quality than what I used to remember playing before the WOW era.

Anyways, if you are playing any MMO that doesn't force monthly sub your welcome to share to the community what exacly it offers. So I'll start...

Last MMORPG DCUO (After it was Path of Exile, but that doesn't really qualify)

Lift of things I can think:

Great graphics, almost fully voiced with a great IP. Innovative and enjoyable combat system, instanced arena type PvP, raids (operations), alerts (daily dungeons). As you can see it's the typical WOW clone minus the rated battlegrounds and a dedicated site for ranking. It has crafting and beautiful cities to explore and do side things like feats (achivements) that actually making your character stronger. It has some seasonal events, but yea that's as much as I can think of atm.

For a free to play player the cash limit can be problematic, but it's bearable. The new content (DLC) cost like $10 I believe and it's optional, which is a good thing to be in control of what you want to buy. I definitely look to check it out again once Origins come out next week. I've truly enjoyed the game over a long period for spending far less than what I remember in WOW.

Now I also started kinda Neverwinter, but haven't put much time in it to give my imput on it.
    Last edited by Kopogero; 05-07-2013 at 09:20 PM.

Sun? What Sun? Reputation: 41

I'd say Tera and Guild Wars 2, though Tera is apparently more graphically intense than other games for some reason.

And yes, yes I desire the power of the Mother of Destruction, Grahf. <loves Xenogears

Link's Dirty Sock Reputation: 20

Quote Originally Posted by Lina View Post
    I'd say Tera and Guild Wars 2, though Tera is apparently more graphically intense than other games for some reason.

And yes, yes I desire the power of the Mother of Destruction, Grahf. <loves Xenogears
    Thx for the replay and listing your MMO's, but the purpose of this thread is to get an actual info about MMORPG's based on players experience and perspective. Listing bunch of MMORPG's doesn't help much

Banned Reputation: 34

never winter you dont need buy anything from cash shop all the quest can be made from other players

Dixie Banana Bar Reputation: 12

at the moment neverwinter is it.... don't know if it will succeed at start all talk very good now it seems it's unbalanced and missing high level content but why don't u try it yourself the game itself is fun

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Theres many F2P games,always go for high populated games

Sun? What Sun? Reputation: 41

Quote Originally Posted by Kopogero View Post
    Thx for the replay and listing your MMO's, but the purpose of this thread is to get an actual info about MMORPG's based on players experience and perspective. Listing bunch of MMORPG's doesn't help much
    OH dang, you're right, I'm not very good at responding to these things apparently.
    To be quite honest I like Tera and Guild Wars 2 but I play WoW mostly so I can't properly reply.
    Embarrassingly it's because I'm just used to WoW and it's mechanics and I guess I'm not really in the mood to learn new stuff.

But, for what I can add, Tera offers lots of things in game for free that other F2P games make you pay for, and that's what makes me enjoy it, or feel that I can potentially enjoy it.
    Lord of the Rings Online for example limits your chatting and use of Auction Houses, but Tera doesn't.
    AND it's nicely populated, only the pvp servers are 'medium' while the others are always 'high.'

Fabio_R's Fruitcup Reputation: 91

GW2, probably Tera from what I have heard (have not tried it myself, can't get past the horrendous armor designs on female characters) and from what I have heard, Neverwinter.

Warframe is also a very good choice if you want a purely PVE up to 4-man per mission run/wall run and gun/slash while playing essentially a space ninja, although it can be very......grindy without the cash shop. In order to build most weapons and frames you need to gather materials from the various missions. After that, you need the blueprint for said weapon/frame. And then you need to wait a certain amount of time for it to finish build (ranging from 12 hours to 3 full days)

Weapons only need the materials and one blue print however.

War frames however.....which are essentially the character you play....take much longer. First, you need the general blueprint which can be bought with ingame credits. Then you need to hunt the specific boss for a chance of getting one the 3 blueprints the general one allows you to combine. THEN you need the materials still. After you have all that, you have to craft the system, chassis and helm, each can take about a day. FINALLY you use the general blue print to combine the 3 finished parts........which takes about 3 days.

Or you can skip all that and buy it with cash.

So yeah, it's a fun game, but that can easily turn off people........and one can't blame people for being turned off by that.
    Last edited by Akeras; 05-07-2013 at 11:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cingal View Post
    Generally, if the game has characters which would put you on an FBI watchlist, you're playing an Asian game.