Free MMO or MMORPG with customization or random loot?

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Default Free MMO or MMORPG with customization or random loot?

Are there any newer games that either have free stat distribution or random loot? Stat system similar to Ragnarok Online or loot similar to Diablo/Path of Exile. I want a game where your character can feel unique either from stat builds or random gear stats or both. Also I don't want stat distribution if there are stat requirements for wearing gear since that takes away the entire point for me.

Banned Reputation: 34

Neverwinter does that

McFox Sandwich Reputation: 22

Neverwinter has randomized loot and a wide range of builds you can use for each class. There is no stat allocation, but the stats on gear basically replace it. Plenty of room to be a unique snowflake in that game.

However, you won't look unique, the armor is fairly plain and unvaried unless you buy dyes.

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

I tried Neverwinter but didn't really like it. Doesn't seem like there is really much customization anyway. The gear had a few variations in the stats on them but it seemed like it was always at a fixed amount. Maybe I am wrong, but from what I found all armor for my level always had the same stat amounts when identified. Not too exciting to find gear when it's all basically the same.

Dekaron is an example of what I am looking for. There were stat requirements for equipment, but you could still find varied stats on gear as well as socket gems into it. There was also some variation in skill builds and a small amount of leftover stats to distribute after meeting requirements. Path of Exile is another good example of customization, but it's all instanced and I would prefer something with open world.

All the new games seem to offer less and less customization and build choice. Maybe there just aren't any games like this anymore...

Holy Hand Grenade Reputation: 29

A cool game would be Dragon's Prophet. SOE is making it, but its currently in closed beta. Its got random loot, stats that you have to allocate, then it revolves around capturing dragons, who also have random stats and skills. Quite a fun game, go look it up.

Banned Reputation: 34

Quote Originally Posted by Imaword2 View Post
    A cool game would be Dragon's Prophet. SOE is making it, but its currently in closed beta. Its got random loot, stats that you have to allocate, then it revolves around capturing dragons, who also have random stats and skills. Quite a fun game, go look it up.
    there alot different element dragon in the game.

there water dragon can swim
    Gliding dragon