Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 26

Thread: Die now or live forever? Doing a study.

  1. #1
    Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10
    garretth10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Die now or live forever? Doing a study.

    I have 1 question.

    Would you rather die now as you are right this second, or live forever (or until the end of existence) as you are now?

  2. #2
    Entropia Universe Journalist Reputation: 55
    Narfi Hungry Willem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    701
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Isn't that basically the plot to every vampire story ever?

    I think the obvious choice for me is to live forever and regret it then.
    As humans we are a proud race, and we have a tendency to think we can succeed where others would fail, that we have the mental and emotional strength to survive where others can not.

    It is interesting to think about though.

    narfi

    EntropiaPlanets - Fan Site I am involved with
    Entropia Wiki

  3. #3
    Cloud13's Clown Reputation: 328
    postrook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2,851
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    exactly as I am now? can I have a few months to get into perfect shape first. then I'll take the second option. I assume that I'm not the only one being given this choice, and that there would be at least a few hundred others.

  4. #4
    Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10
    garretth10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by postrook View Post
    exactly as I am now? can I have a few months to get into perfect shape first. then I'll take the second option. I assume that I'm not the only one being given this choice, and that there would be at least a few hundred others.
    It's just you. You won't have any powers or whatnot, just never be able to die. Organs/limbs would regenerate if severed.

  5. #5
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 317
    Bad Hamster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Hamsterville
    Posts
    13,695
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    I'm already immortal, this thread makes no sense to me!

  6. #6
    Xenonight2's Zealot Reputation: 267
    FluffyKitten's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    3,493
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Reminds me of Alucard >.>

  7. #7
    Cloud13's Clown Reputation: 328
    postrook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2,851
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    mm, in that case, I guess not.

  8. #8
    Fabio_R's Fruitcup Reputation: 180
    kuturu4FA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    3,632
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Trick question

    I'd die now, then be reborn as Goku.
    Check out my Twitch Stream, Click the Hot Girlz. CS:GO (Training).
    Don't take shit too seriously, because soon we'll all be in the grave



  9. #9
    Game Journalist Reputation: 484

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    6,687
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Live forever as I am now.
    "....However, as with all things, you will encounter the odd retard and or ******."
    -Cingal
    -------(New Video!)------------------------(New Post!)[4/12]----------(Updated for ArcheAge!)[4/28]
    Youtube Channel | Twitch | Gaming Blog | Amitabha Gaming Guild

  10. #10
    Ape for Diddy Reputation: 62
    Rebuzzal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    257
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    why not. Ill go with forever.
    Too much agreement kills a chat.



  11. #11
    Game Journalist Reputation: 67
    Proxzor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Amsterdam
    Posts
    4,727
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    That's a rather weird question since the second answer lacks some explenation, live forever as in you will never get sick and your body will live on, or live forever in the meaning of nothing can harm you not even jumping in front of a train is keeping you from dying. If the latter, hmm I guess living forever does sound interesting in that regard, but i'm not too sure if i'd say the same after a couple lifetimes.



  12. #12
    Eriond's Egotist Reputation: 36
    Starkler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,789
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Well, I'm guessing most people will choose to live forever if you asked them, so I choose to live forever because the world will still be very populated and then it would be at peace since if a war was to occur, people don't die so they'll be like "Hey, what's the point?" and they won't have a war anymore and they'll handle the situation in a civil manner. No more death!

  13. #13
    Fabio_R's Fruitcup Reputation: 180
    kuturu4FA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    3,632
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Starkler View Post
    Well, I'm guessing most people will choose to live forever if you asked them, so I choose to live forever because the world will still be very populated and then it would be at peace since if a war was to occur, people don't die so they'll be like "Hey, what's the point?" and they won't have a war anymore and they'll handle the situation in a civil manner. No more death!
    Check out my Twitch Stream, Click the Hot Girlz. CS:GO (Training).
    Don't take shit too seriously, because soon we'll all be in the grave



  14. #14
    Sandman's Slave Reputation: 448
    TreyTrey12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn Center, Minnesota
    Posts
    3,870
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    If I had that choice I'd just choose to die. Living forever would just subject you to insanity. Watching your family, loved ones, friends and those around you die over and over again -- be it natural or unnatural. Not including being constantly exposed to the world power changes and political matters that happen (like world wars and stuff). Also, you'll be popularized by the media once they find out you're 300 years of age and have yet to die.
    Realistically speaking, living forever doesn't seem all that great. Life is limited as it is for a reason, it gives us meanings to enjoy it and cherish things while we have it. Living forever would take "living" out of life and just leave you to exist. You would simply lose majority of your humanity. No longer feeling the need to have friends cause you'll outlive them. No longer having the need to have family cause you'll outlive them. No longer being able to love or have empathy because of so much loss. What a sad life that would come to be to live for all eternity.
    Last edited by TreyTrey12; 05-14-2013 at 03:41 AM.

  15. #15
    Dixie Banana Bar Reputation: 11
    Ayotori20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    299
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    why would i want to die right now? Id rather live forever

  16. #16
    Fabio_R's Fruitcup Reputation: 180
    kuturu4FA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    3,632
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TreyTrey12 View Post
    If I had that choice I'd just choose to die. Living forever would just subject you to insanity. Watching your family, loved ones, friends and those around you die over and over again -- be it natural or unnatural. Not including being constantly exposed to the world power changes and political matters that happen (like world wars and stuff). Also, you'll be popularized by the media once they find out you're 300 years of age and have yet to die.
    Realistically speaking, living forever doesn't seem all that great. Life is limited as it is for a reason, it gives us meanings to enjoy it and cherish things while we have it. Living forever would take "living" out of life and just leave you to exist. You would simply lose majority of your humanity. No longer feeling the need to have friends cause you'll outlive them. No longer having the need to have family cause you'll outlive them. No longer being able to love or have empathy because of so much loss. What a sad life that would come to be to live for all eternity.

    Imagine Hitler living forever.
    Check out my Twitch Stream, Click the Hot Girlz. CS:GO (Training).
    Don't take shit too seriously, because soon we'll all be in the grave



  17. #17
    Chrono's Crony Reputation: 133
    markca's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Over there
    Posts
    3,335
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    I hope all of you that chose to live forever get sentenced to go to jail for life, huehahea.
    LeagueofLegends-ChuckleButt


  18. #18
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 829
    Abhorsen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    14,937
    Rep Power
    33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kuturu4FA View Post
    Imagine Hitler living forever.
    if i do that i imagine him in jail. ^^

  19. #19
    in the sky with diamonds Reputation: 1151
    Oisterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Trash Boat
    Posts
    25,817
    Rep Power
    45

    Default

    Die. Right now is fine. My allergy medicine stopped working and I can't even drive down the road without pulling over in an itching/sneezing fit. Can't imagine living infinitely with this.

  20. #20
    Spyro’s Burning Cough Reputation: 32
    Igneius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    MMO heaven :3
    Posts
    549
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Live Forever.Then I can simply learn the ways of the dark arts and RULE THE WORLD!

  21. #21
    Sandman's Slave Reputation: 245
    Thetake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    3,847
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    NO! Oh god no! Kill me now. I would not want to see everyone I know die from old age, and have me be the only one left..
    Relax and enjoy life


  22. #22
    Bladin's Sword Sharpener Reputation: 134
    .c64's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    The Zone
    Posts
    1,182
    Rep Power
    8

    Default



    Me, that's who.

  23. #23
    Game Journalist Reputation: 484

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    6,687
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thetake View Post
    NO! Oh god no! Kill me now. I would not want to see everyone I know die from old age, and have me be the only one left..
    I never got this. Yeah it sucks seeing people you know die. But then again, you'll always meet new people. It's not like you're suddenly all alone once all your friends die. You can make more friends and continue to live on and be happy. Hell, if you think about it, the single act of making your immortal will make everyone you ever meet immortal as well. As they will be remembered until your existence ends (unless you're one of those immortals that can't remember past a few hundred years or go insane because of to many memories, but those are the shitty kind of immortal).

    So really, you should be immortal for your friends. Don't be selfish.
    "....However, as with all things, you will encounter the odd retard and or ******."
    -Cingal
    -------(New Video!)------------------------(New Post!)[4/12]----------(Updated for ArcheAge!)[4/28]
    Youtube Channel | Twitch | Gaming Blog | Amitabha Gaming Guild

  24. #24
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 257
    Phenoca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Demacia
    Posts
    6,162
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Die now. Unless it was a horrible, painful death. Then I'd choose to live forever, against my intuition.

  25. #25
    Fabio_R's Fruitcup Reputation: 180
    kuturu4FA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    3,632
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ApocaRUFF View Post
    I never got this. Yeah it sucks seeing people you know die. But then again, you'll always meet new people. It's not like you're suddenly all alone once all your friends die. You can make more friends and continue to live on and be happy. Hell, if you think about it, the single act of making your immortal will make everyone you ever meet immortal as well. As they will be remembered until your existence ends (unless you're one of those immortals that can't remember past a few hundred years or go insane because of to many memories, but those are the shitty kind of immortal).

    So really, you should be immortal for your friends. Don't be selfish.

    Right, and what if, hypothetically, you meet the love of your life, have children and watch your wife, children, grand children pass away.

    A Psychopath would be a perfect fit to be immortal, although from a few studies have shown we are all a little bit of a psychopath.
    Check out my Twitch Stream, Click the Hot Girlz. CS:GO (Training).
    Don't take shit too seriously, because soon we'll all be in the grave



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •