Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Die now or live forever? Doing a study.

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Default Die now or live forever? Doing a study.

I have 1 question.

Would you rather die now as you are right this second, or live forever (or until the end of existence) as you are now?

Entropia Universe Journalist Reputation: 55

Isn't that basically the plot to every vampire story ever?

I think the obvious choice for me is to live forever and regret it then.
    As humans we are a proud race, and we have a tendency to think we can succeed where others would fail, that we have the mental and emotional strength to survive where others can not.

It is interesting to think about though.

narfi

EntropiaPlanets - Fan Site I am involved with
    Entropia Wiki

Cloud13's Clown Reputation: 328

exactly as I am now? can I have a few months to get into perfect shape first. then I'll take the second option. I assume that I'm not the only one being given this choice, and that there would be at least a few hundred others.

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by postrook View Post
    exactly as I am now? can I have a few months to get into perfect shape first. then I'll take the second option. I assume that I'm not the only one being given this choice, and that there would be at least a few hundred others.
    It's just you. You won't have any powers or whatnot, just never be able to die. Organs/limbs would regenerate if severed.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 317

I'm already immortal, this thread makes no sense to me!

Xenonight2's Zealot Reputation: 267

Reminds me of Alucard >.>

Cloud13's Clown Reputation: 328

mm, in that case, I guess not.

Fabio_R's Fruitcup Reputation: 180

Trick question

I'd die now, then be reborn as Goku.
    Check out my Twitch Stream, Click the Hot Girlz. CS:GO (Training).
    Don't take shit too seriously, because soon we'll all be in the grave

Game Journalist Reputation: 484

Live forever as I am now.
    "....However, as with all things, you will encounter the odd retard and or ******."
    -Cingal
    -------(New Video!)------------------------(New Post!)[4/12]----------(Updated for ArcheAge!)[4/28]
    Youtube Channel | Twitch | Gaming Blog | Amitabha Gaming Guild

Ape for Diddy Reputation: 62

why not. Ill go with forever.
    Too much agreement kills a chat.

Game Journalist Reputation: 67

That's a rather weird question since the second answer lacks some explenation, live forever as in you will never get sick and your body will live on, or live forever in the meaning of nothing can harm you not even jumping in front of a train is keeping you from dying. If the latter, hmm I guess living forever does sound interesting in that regard, but i'm not too sure if i'd say the same after a couple lifetimes.

Eriond's Egotist Reputation: 36

Well, I'm guessing most people will choose to live forever if you asked them, so I choose to live forever because the world will still be very populated and then it would be at peace since if a war was to occur, people don't die so they'll be like "Hey, what's the point?" and they won't have a war anymore and they'll handle the situation in a civil manner. No more death!

Quote Originally Posted by Starkler View Post
    Well, I'm guessing most people will choose to live forever if you asked them, so I choose to live forever because the world will still be very populated and then it would be at peace since if a war was to occur, people don't die so they'll be like "Hey, what's the point?" and they won't have a war anymore and they'll handle the situation in a civil manner. No more death!

Sandman's Slave Reputation: 448

If I had that choice I'd just choose to die. Living forever would just subject you to insanity. Watching your family, loved ones, friends and those around you die over and over again -- be it natural or unnatural. Not including being constantly exposed to the world power changes and political matters that happen (like world wars and stuff). Also, you'll be popularized by the media once they find out you're 300 years of age and have yet to die.
    Realistically speaking, living forever doesn't seem all that great. Life is limited as it is for a reason, it gives us meanings to enjoy it and cherish things while we have it. Living forever would take "living" out of life and just leave you to exist. You would simply lose majority of your humanity. No longer feeling the need to have friends cause you'll outlive them. No longer having the need to have family cause you'll outlive them. No longer being able to love or have empathy because of so much loss. What a sad life that would come to be to live for all eternity.
    Last edited by TreyTrey12; 05-14-2013 at 03:41 AM.

Dixie Banana Bar Reputation: 11

why would i want to die right now? Id rather live forever

Quote Originally Posted by TreyTrey12 View Post
    If I had that choice I'd just choose to die. Living forever would just subject you to insanity. Watching your family, loved ones, friends and those around you die over and over again -- be it natural or unnatural. Not including being constantly exposed to the world power changes and political matters that happen (like world wars and stuff). Also, you'll be popularized by the media once they find out you're 300 years of age and have yet to die.
    Realistically speaking, living forever doesn't seem all that great. Life is limited as it is for a reason, it gives us meanings to enjoy it and cherish things while we have it. Living forever would take "living" out of life and just leave you to exist. You would simply lose majority of your humanity. No longer feeling the need to have friends cause you'll outlive them. No longer having the need to have family cause you'll outlive them. No longer being able to love or have empathy because of so much loss. What a sad life that would come to be to live for all eternity.

Imagine Hitler living forever.

Chrono's Crony Reputation: 133

I hope all of you that chose to live forever get sentenced to go to jail for life, huehahea.
    LeagueofLegends-ChuckleButt

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 829

Quote Originally Posted by kuturu4FA View Post
    Imagine Hitler living forever.
    if i do that i imagine him in jail. ^^

in the sky with diamonds Reputation: 1151

Die. Right now is fine. My allergy medicine stopped working and I can't even drive down the road without pulling over in an itching/sneezing fit. Can't imagine living infinitely with this.

Spyro’s Burning Cough Reputation: 32

Live Forever.Then I can simply learn the ways of the dark arts and RULE THE WORLD!

Sandman's Slave Reputation: 245

NO! Oh god no! Kill me now. I would not want to see everyone I know die from old age, and have me be the only one left..
    Relax and enjoy life

Bladin's Sword Sharpener Reputation: 134

Me, that's who.

Game Journalist Reputation: 484

Quote Originally Posted by Thetake View Post
    NO! Oh god no! Kill me now. I would not want to see everyone I know die from old age, and have me be the only one left..
    I never got this. Yeah it sucks seeing people you know die. But then again, you'll always meet new people. It's not like you're suddenly all alone once all your friends die. You can make more friends and continue to live on and be happy. Hell, if you think about it, the single act of making your immortal will make everyone you ever meet immortal as well. As they will be remembered until your existence ends (unless you're one of those immortals that can't remember past a few hundred years or go insane because of to many memories, but those are the shitty kind of immortal).

So really, you should be immortal for your friends. Don't be selfish.
    "....However, as with all things, you will encounter the odd retard and or ******."
    -Cingal
    -------(New Video!)------------------------(New Post!)[4/12]----------(Updated for ArcheAge!)[4/28]
    Youtube Channel | Twitch | Gaming Blog | Amitabha Gaming Guild

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 257

Die now. Unless it was a horrible, painful death. Then I'd choose to live forever, against my intuition.

Quote Originally Posted by ApocaRUFF View Post
    I never got this. Yeah it sucks seeing people you know die. But then again, you'll always meet new people. It's not like you're suddenly all alone once all your friends die. You can make more friends and continue to live on and be happy. Hell, if you think about it, the single act of making your immortal will make everyone you ever meet immortal as well. As they will be remembered until your existence ends (unless you're one of those immortals that can't remember past a few hundred years or go insane because of to many memories, but those are the shitty kind of immortal).

So really, you should be immortal for your friends. Don't be selfish.

Right, and what if, hypothetically, you meet the love of your life, have children and watch your wife, children, grand children pass away.

A Psychopath would be a perfect fit to be immortal, although from a few studies have shown we are all a little bit of a psychopath.