Thread: Computer 'refreshed' after possible virus attack, seems fixed, but what next?

Bladin's Sword Sharpener Reputation: 131

Default Computer 'refreshed' after possible virus attack, seems fixed, but what next?

My problem: Two things now that I'm actually typing...One: ENTER button is suddenly not working, so this might look odd. Two: I went though a constant blue screen of death before trying the 'refresh pc' option, with seems similar to getting my computer to factory settings, as I'll have to re-download games and the like. This all happened after I check on my computer (which I left asleep last night) to find that my anti virus Kaspersky picked up something and asked to reboot to fully take care of the problem at the same time that Windows 8 got a critical update that required the computer to reboot. One or the other or both gave me the blue screen of death. Right now I've reinstalled Kaspersky and I'm running various scans to see if the virus is still there. Is there any other action I should take to make sure everything is okay now? I'll start be turning off my computer and seeing if letting it rest will help my enter key problem...

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 733

Report back if you get any BSODs in the next couple of days; if you don't, that's good.

About the virus: which virus is it? Most viruses are well... 'stupid' and do nothing if plainly removed. So if it comes back clean, you should be safe.

Enter key: I have no idea. The only thing I can think of is an actual hardware problem. Try it on another PC?

[My Anime List] | [last.fm] | [xfire] | [Steam]
    I should update this but all my effort went into writing this lousy excuse.