Slaves Of Rome - 3D Roman MMORPG

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 21

Default Slaves Of Rome - 3D Roman MMORPG

This is not my game nor am I involved with it. Slaves Of Rome is an indie 3D Roman MMORPG run on the Unity engine.

Check out they're website for more info: http://sormmo.com/

Game Journalist Reputation: 407

Quote Originally Posted by xlenon View Post
    This is not my game nor am I involved with it. Slaves Of Rome is an indie 3D Roman MMORPG run on the Unity engine.

Check out they're website for more info: http://sormmo.com/
    Isn't this made by the same dude that has been trying to make knock off "Greed Monger" type projects ever since the Greed Monger kickstarter went well?

Honestly, I would highly suggest staying away from this prorject based on a few things.
    1. It definitely appears to be a rip-off of Greed Monger (which itself can be considered quite iffy)
    2. At the bottom, none of the links for the legal stuff, contact us, etc... work... they're just there for looks.
    3. "Slaves of Rome Inc." ...OH come on... Are they serious?
    4. I did some searching and can find nothing about "Slaves of Rome Inc." I cannot find out who is running it, who is working on it, etc... And I mean actual people, not just screen names. With Greed Monger, you could put your faith into it because Jason did a full disclosure thing and he told everyone everything about himself and you could go online to varify that what he said was true.
    5. Paypal donation system instead of Kickstarter... Makes me feel like they're just trying to make a quick buck and then run.

Edit: I was a bit wrong, I did a bit more digging and found out that they tried an IndieGoGo campaign that only got $20. The campaign page also has some names.

Doing a bit of searching, I find it kinda funny. It almost looks like they're copying Greed Monger to a T. They even tried to go with Hero Engine but I think went back to Unity. He does seem pretty serious about getting help for his project, but so far as I've seen he doesn't have a dedicated scripter/coder which means the project hasn't/wont get far until they get one.
    Last edited by ApocaRUFF; 06-26-2013 at 05:57 PM.
    "....However, as with all things, you will encounter the odd retard and or asshole."
    -Cingal
    -------(New Video!)------------------------(New Post!)[9/26]----------(Updated for ArcheAge!)[4/28]
    Youtube Channel | Twitch | Gaming Blog | Amitabha Gaming Guild

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 188

Quote Originally Posted by ApocaRUFF View Post
    they tried an IndieGoGo campaign that only got $20.
    I would cry.
    ... That moment when you realized that your bath towel is covered in sawdust.