The Mighty Quest for Epic Loot full access July 2nd to 5th

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 366

Default The Mighty Quest for Epic Loot full access July 2nd to 5th

Although to get access you have to register by 28th June (incl.).

Just don't expect anything from the game. It's disappointing as it is already. All this secrecy and super restricted access is a bunch of bull.

https://www.themightyquest.com/en/signup

Pikachu's Flea Collar Reputation: 19

Got into the game with earliest set of alpha invites, it only had two of the three classes available. (Wouldn't you know it, the mage is what I wanted to play.) And even now that they added that class, you have to shell out money to "BETA TEST" the class out for them, I shit you not.

Honestly it's going to end up massively Pay-to-win. And technically, it's already pretty much there.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 366

I don't think you could necessarily call it P2W. The biggest problem with the game is that the only interesting and fun part about it is building dungeons. To actually immerse yourself in constructing the most difficult, interesting, fun or creative dungeons you will have to shell out a lot of money, clearing them isn't a problem. I would understand if they made dungeon building unrestricted and limited or significantly slowed down player gear acquisition. But combat is at the level where you will get bored of it in a couple of minutes.
    What hurts even more is that they actually advertise it as "build your own dungeon and challenge others" and then just building up a huge paywall to actually get the full taste of the game. If you are going to have a game which will rely only on 1 mechanic/gimmick to be successful, don't ****ing take it away and make people pay for it!
    Last edited by marcipaans; 06-27-2013 at 10:06 AM.

Pikachu's Flea Collar Reputation: 19

Would you prefer the term "Pay to Not Lose"? P2W is simply the closest known term I could use as a descriptor here. But yeah, all your other points are perfectly accurate to me.

McFox Sandwich Reputation: 24

Quote Originally Posted by Blackomen View Post
    Got into the game with earliest set of alpha invites, it only had two of the three classes available. (Wouldn't you know it, the mage is what I wanted to play.) And even now that they added that class, you have to shell out money to "BETA TEST" the class out for them, I shit you not.

Honestly it's going to end up massively Pay-to-win. And technically, it's already pretty much there.
    I was in the same boat, I played a bit cleared as much content as I could, waited for the next class, then blam backstab. Screw that noise.
    Break the Chains of Fate that /Bind/ you.

[BF2142] - Triptophan - Master Sgt Gold.
    [BF2] - SerotoninNovaborn - Gunnery Sgt.
    [BFBC] - Serotriptomine - Cheif Warrant Officer.
    [Natural Selection] - [IAM]Serotonin.
    [Halo3] - Serotriptomine
    [GunBound] - P1SpadeS - 52.19% (797W - 730L)

`Doll's Dishwasher Reputation: 12

Same here been in the game sense alpha, got screwed out of the mage class, and thats what i wanted to play.

Also they added so many micro transactions, the game used to be super fun, but they made the monsters super hard, made all the items you can buy from cash shop really hard to get, they made the whole game not fun.

But yeah building the dungeon is pretty much the only thing fun left in the game.
    Nano.. Nano.. Nano..
    "NO MATTER WHERE YOU PLAN TO SPEND ETERNITY"