Mundus Novus - 3D crafting city-building MMORPG

  1. #1
    Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 21

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Daytona Beach, Florida
    Posts
    11
    Rep Power
    2

    Default Mundus Novus - 3D crafting city-building MMORPG

    Mundus Novus is being developed by the indie developer FatalNickle and it's a 3D crafting MMORPG featuring city-building, I'm ecstatic about Mundus Novus I've been waiting for a craftable city-building MMORPG for a long time. The cities and everything in this game is 100% craftable

    Check it out http://www.indiedb.com/games/mundus-novus

  2. #2
    Pikachu's Flea Collar Reputation: 19

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    55
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    I wish people would stop trying to use "Unity" to make games with, it may be easy to work with, but it also has a hell of a lot of limitations as a game engine. Just like trying to use Java, they just aren't good engines to use for advanced games. (Simple games like slenderman are fine.)

    That annoyance aside, it sounds like a interesting game, I just have great doubts anything complicated can be done with unity outside a simple/small/basic game.

  3. #3
    Lives in City of Zeroes Reputation: 13
    Tuberkulos's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    649
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xlenon View Post
    Mundus Novus is being developed by the indie developer FatalNickle and it's a 3D crafting MMORPG featuring city-building, I'm ecstatic about Mundus Novus I've been waiting for a craftable city-building MMORPG for a long time. The cities and everything in this game is 100% craftable

    Check it out http://www.indiedb.com/games/mundus-novus
    Kind of like Wyrm Online then?

  4. #4
    Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 21

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Daytona Beach, Florida
    Posts
    11
    Rep Power
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tuberkulos View Post
    Kind of like Wyrm Online then?
    I just hope Mundus Novus is free to play, I'm already paying for WOW and I can't afford another game.

  5. #5
    Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 21

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Daytona Beach, Florida
    Posts
    11
    Rep Power
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackomen View Post
    I wish people would stop trying to use "Unity" to make games with, it may be easy to work with, but it also has a hell of a lot of limitations as a game engine. Just like trying to use Java, they just aren't good engines to use for advanced games. (Simple games like slenderman are fine.)

    That annoyance aside, it sounds like a interesting game, I just have great doubts anything complicated can be done with unity outside a simple/small/basic game.
    Agreed. Why don't more people use CryEngine? You get amazing HD graphics and the engine itself can handle complex projects, a game will never feel cheap with CryEngine.

  6. #6
    Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10
    Kuro1n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackomen View Post
    I wish people would stop trying to use "Unity" to make games with, it may be easy to work with, but it also has a hell of a lot of limitations as a game engine. Just like trying to use Java, they just aren't good engines to use for advanced games. (Simple games like slenderman are fine.)

    That annoyance aside, it sounds like a interesting game, I just have great doubts anything complicated can be done with unity outside a simple/small/basic game.
    Said by someone who doesn't know shit about development. Lots of stuff can be done with Unity, it is a impressive engine and let me tell you that even with another engine you wont make a pretty game since you have limited resources. Also theres are packages such as MuchDifferent to help out with development of network in Unity. Personally I had a lot against Unity before but as I started working with it I changed my opinion very fast. Say you want to use UDK for example to make a game, well then you have issues like you aren't able to have more than 64 players on a server for example. If you wish to have more then enjoy paying 1.2mil USD for the fullversion of the engine.

    If you wish to see a nicelooking example of something made in unity take a look at mothhead:


  7. #7
    Pikachu's Flea Collar Reputation: 19

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    55
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kuro1n View Post
    Said by someone who doesn't know shit about development. Lots of stuff can be done with Unity, it is a impressive engine and let me tell you that even with another engine you wont make a pretty game since you have limited resources. Also theres are packages such as MuchDifferent to help out with development of network in Unity. Personally I had a lot against Unity before but as I started working with it I changed my opinion very fast. Say you want to use UDK for example to make a game, well then you have issues like you aren't able to have more than 64 players on a server for example. If you wish to have more then enjoy paying 1.2mil USD for the fullversion of the engine.

    If you wish to see a nicelooking example of something made in unity take a look at mothhead:

    No, said as someone who actually does know something about game development. Ironically, your likely the one who doesn't, giving others advise when you have none to offer.

    Noone here is saying Unity can't make good games, what was said (And you chose to ignore obviously.) is that it can't make games nearly as complex as most other engines. (If it could, noone would use other engines, or charge for them.) It has considerable limitations placed on games, both in terms of complexity, and in terms of performance.

    I can tell your just ignorant of game design, (Not a genius myself, but at least I know something about it.) so facts and information is likely to roll right off of you.

  8. #8
    Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10
    Kuro1n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    You don't know shit, otherwise you might know that EVR is made in unity in just 10 weeks. Or as the CCP employees put it:
    CCP WhiteNoiseTrash ‏@WhiteNoiseTrash june 19
    we had just as much fun making this with your incredible tools #hellyea#letsmakemore
    (said about unity3d and oculus).

    You can make great things with unity, maybe not as great as a fully licensed 1.2m+ engine but tell me, what smaller dev have the money to pay that? Or you think 64 player limitation is how to define "great"?
    Enough said.
    Last edited by Kuro1n; 07-02-2013 at 10:18 AM.
    Jaded and bitter.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •