Looking for something similar to Dungeon Fighter Online.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Master Chief's Windex Reputation: 10

Default Looking for something similar to Dungeon Fighter Online.

Hey everyone. I'm looking for a game like the title suggests. I liked DFO for being unique and true to the classic arcade beat 'em up, and the amount of combo potential. It was the only game I actually put effort into and it's disappointing it got shut down due to mismanaging (imo). I prefer a game in English, but am willing to hear out other suggestions.
    Here's a list of games I've played. No browser games either.

Maplestory. (Currently taking a break from)
    LaTale. (Played it up to 70, still doesn't interest me that much)
    Grand Chase. (Combat still feels one dimensional after years of playing on and off)
    Soul Saver Online. (Played way back when it was Ghost online. Seems outdated)
    Elsword. (Closest thing to DFO I guess. But it got repetitive quick. Stopped playing after a 2nd job advancement)
    GhostX. (Not a bad game, but it suffered from lack of community last I played)
    Dragon Saga/Dragonica. (Not bad, but didn't really fill my cup of tea)

Thanks in advanced for any valuable input.

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Have you tried Rusty Hearts?

Quote Originally Posted by Momoiro-san View Post
    Have you tried Rusty Hearts?
    Yes, I have and it seemed pretty good initially. But I didn't stick to it. I'll give it another shot. Appreciate the suggestion. Do you have any idea how the community is?
    Last edited by NikeAirStab; 08-04-2013 at 06:49 PM.

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

No problem! ^..^

SuperKenshin's Servent Reputation: 88

most games I'd recommend is already exhausted on your list

DrHime |MsNakita
    SD Gundam - League of Legends - Grand Chase

Luigi’s Pizza Reputation: 33

I personally didn't like Dungeon Fighter online much; however, I did find a game somewhat similar to it that I enjoyed the hell out of. It was called DarkBlood and sadly it was being run by OutSpark (everyone's favorite game publisher...), it ended up closing just so they could reel in more money and focus on Fiesta Online or whatever it's called. The game is now (supposedly) under development by a lesser known game publisher called GameHi. Apparently they first published Dekaron and Sudden Attack before those were both handed over to Nexon. So the company is obviously quite good at making MMOs if Nexon decides to pick them up. Anyways, the game is currently under development by GameHi; however, there is literally no information about the development at all, you can't even go to the games website which is a little disconcerning but I have a feeling Nexon may decide to either buy out GameHi, or just buy DarkBlood and continue production on their own. Oh and, this game had probably some of the best combat compared to any MMORPG out there.

Here's some gameplay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqx3QOW1LK8

Here's GameHi's website: http://www.gamehi.com/#

This game probably won't come out for quite sometime (a different company will most likely resurrect DFO before it even comes out again).
    Last edited by firemonk98; 08-06-2013 at 04:10 AM.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 126

How about WonderKing 2?

Quote Originally Posted by firemonk98 View Post
    I personally didn't like Dungeon Fighter online much; however, I did find a game somewhat similar to it that I enjoyed the hell out of. It was called DarkBlood and sadly it was being run by OutSpark (everyone's favorite game publisher...), it ended up closing just so they could reel in more money and focus on Fiesta Online or whatever it's called. The game is now (supposedly) under development by a lesser known game publisher called GameHi. Apparently they first published Dekaron and Sudden Attack before those were both handed over to Nexon. So the company is obviously quite good at making MMOs if Nexon decides to pick them up. Anyways, the game is currently under development by GameHi; however, there is literally no information about the development at all, you can't even go to the games website which is a little disconcerning but I have a feeling Nexon may decide to either buy out GameHi, or just buy DarkBlood and continue production on their own. Oh and, this game had probably some of the best combat compared to any MMORPG out there.

Here's some gameplay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqx3QOW1LK8

Here's GameHi's website: http://www.gamehi.com/#

This game probably won't come out for quite sometime (a different company will most likely resurrect DFO before it even comes out again).
    Ahh, I knew of DarkBlood. It went into beta during one of my runs on DFO, but I didn't bother paying much attention to it due to it being ran by outspark. It looked like a graphically better version of DFO, but the style never really appealed to me, since I liked the old arcade look of DFO. Regardless, I still regret not trying it. I'll definitely keep an eye on it this time around.

Quote Originally Posted by Rya.Reisender View Post
    How about WonderKing 2?
    WonderKing 2 is only in beta in Japan I believe. I'll keep it in mind, if I ever decide to set up an account. Thanks for the suggestion!

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 126

Also, if it doesn't need to be an MMORPG, how about Dragon's Crown and "Dungeons and Dragons - Chronicles of Mystara"? They have online multiplayer and you can't have more arcade beat 'em up than that.

Samus' Girdle Reputation: 10

Lunia is still arround. Dunno for how long tho.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast