Best F2P/B2P, but not P2W (through cash shop) MMORPG with some penalty/loss for death

Link's Dirty Sock Reputation: 20

Default Best F2P/B2P, but not P2W (through cash shop) MMORPG with some penalty/loss for death

#1 Is F2P/B2P, but not P2W = Pay to win

#2 Is not overun by hackers, abusers, exploiters, botters, dual client/multiboxers or any other kinds of 3rd party program cheaters.

#3 There is some penalty/loss for death so there is some meaning for PK= Player Killing

God, from so many MMORPG's I really want to have that PvP, war/conflict fix...cuz I really miss Ultima Online and SWG Pre-CU. If this community fails to help with this or if the market really doesn't have anything I might consider P2P titles like Darkfall Online, WOW 5.4 or FFXIV: ARR until Elder Scroll, Wild Star, Archeage, Black Desert, Blade % Soul or anything else justifies the sub.
    Starcraft oldschool aka wise/04. SWG/UO aka Wise HeRo, Light Jedi Knight pre-cu (Bria)

Manic's Maniacal Machine Reputation: 134

No such thing, unless it's some not well known 2D sprite MMO. But yeah, nothing that'll fit all those restrictions. GW2 for example meets 2/3, but it's death system is not punishing in PvP/WvWvW.

Fabio_R's Fruitcup Reputation: 91

Yeah GW2 meets all but the 3rd. The only PKing exists in WvW, and other then armor damage, there is no death penalty.

Quote Originally Posted by Cingal View Post
    Generally, if the game has characters which would put you on an FBI watchlist, you're playing an Asian game.

Lockhart’s are forever Reputation: 16

Eve Online - P2P but you can pay for the subscription with in-game money so if you can do that it's actually f2p. I believe you drop pretty much all your items except for currency on death, along with your ship getting destroyed.

Salem - F2P. Drop all items on death and there's permadeath.

Neocron 2 - F2P without a cash shop, there's no way to pay real money for this it's completely free. If you're pvp enabled you drop 1 valuable item when you die, if you've pked lots of players who were neutral or allied to you, you start to drop more items and I think the most you can drop after you've pked a lot of people is 5 items. The items you drop are random but one of your more expensive items always drops.

I can think of at least a couple more games that could technically be called f2p but really they're just free trials without a time limit because of the very heavy restrictions they place on you.
    Last edited by hamidinator; 08-04-2013 at 10:05 PM.

Bongo Crazy Kong Reputation: 10

The only MMORPG I can think of is Lineage 2, PK away but when you die, you may drop stuff like armor/items. Been playing a lot of it back in the day and some private servers even had a jail system, when you PK enough guards kill you and put you in jail for some time.

Banned Reputation: 10

Here are really nice and most interesting post have you shared by us. I am totally agree with you and would like to appreciate you that you have done a great job. I would like to say thanks to you fr your this kindness. Please keep it up.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 142

Wizardry Online