HeroesGo Open Beta date released

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Game Journalist Reputation: 86

Mario sure is excited about this; HeroesGo completely fell off my radar since I was busy with console titles lately. (Just finished Majo to Hyakkihei recently)

I'll join 'ya when it's up in about few mins.

Detective Kirby Reputation: 9
    Down that one road. Beside that big tree.

They overkilled this game. If you don't have friends to play with and plan on playing solo. Might as well find another game. No one wants to random party with people. And you will die in 1 hit by the bosses solo. Game just isn't what it could of been. Very sad.

Manic's Maniacal Machine Reputation: 98

Quote Originally Posted by Crazedkilla View Post
    They overkilled this game. If you don't have friends to play with and plan on playing solo. Might as well find another game. No one wants to random party with people. And you will die in 1 hit by the bosses solo. Game just isn't what it could of been. Very sad.
    I sadly have to agree. A lot of people in game are complaining about how hard mobs and bosses hit. I died like 2 times on one of my characters in a level 3 dungeon. It shouldn't be that difficult to solo. Overall, the game is relatively unintuitive (and I gotta admit it sucks for ESTGames that they still don't have the Cash Shop out yet).

On top of that, there are items and other mentions of the Thief class, but of course it still isn't out yet (even after C.

PS: Check this out..

Apparently the game was Howling Sword in Korea, and I can't find any info on it on the ESTGames KR site, so I'm guessing it got shut down (although someone can correct me if I'm wrong). Apparently it got remade into Howling Sword 2 (video shown is Howling Sword 1) and you can see the similarities.

Anyways.. Why would does it take 4-5+ years for freaking Korean developers to give us their games? It's pretty sad.. This game is pretty dated, and it just annoys me that the game basically died and THEN they give it to us.

-- Meh.. I found a 2 year old video of Chinese version of it. Yet again everyone else gets it when it's relatively new, while the west gets it when it's old and discarded. xD
    Last edited by Viney1; 08-31-2013 at 04:44 AM.
    Playing: World of Warcraft (Kel Thuzad Alliance)

Holy Hand Grenade Reputation: 10

Im going to play this game if annyone wants to play with me pm me or just write here. I will start now!!
    Playing
    World of Warcraft
    Torchlight 2
    Diablo 3

iOS
    Order and Chaos Online

Specs On My Comp
    *AMD Phenom II x4
    *ATI Radeon 4650 HD
    *6GB Ram DDR3
    *Windows 7 Ultimate

Detective Kirby Reputation: 9
    Down that one road. Beside that big tree.

I will give it some time and then try it again. Maybe 2 weeks or so. And see if they scaled down the early game difficulty. I played to lvl 8 and couldn't even finish my lvl 6 quest. The mobs have the potential to kill you in 2 or 3 hits and the bosses will 1 shot you. And the lag you get when playing in a party is just retarded. But as i said. I'll try it again in a few weeks. Seeing as it just came out about 5 hours ago.

Power_Gamer_6's Pick Reputation: 35

I'm glad this game isnt noob friendly. I'm lv14 and only have died 1 time. Cause I didnt have hp pots left. I did everything solo. But you sure have to pay attention for once. Which is kinda refreshing. You can just farm and crystalize gear to get upgrade gems and stronger gear. Also being overleveled for certain areas doesnt seem a bad idea. I hope it stays this difficult.

Manic's Maniacal Machine Reputation: 98

Quote Originally Posted by Beatrix23 View Post
    I'm glad this game isnt noob friendly. I'm lv14 and only have died 1 time. Cause I didnt have hp pots left. I did everything solo. But you sure have to pay attention for once. Which is kinda refreshing. You can just farm and crystalize gear to get upgrade gems and stronger gear. Also being overleveled for certain areas doesnt seem a bad idea. I hope it stays this difficult.
    It's challenging indeed. I do hope though that if a game like this can be this challenging early game, that its way more challenging end game. The challenge should scale as you level up. If you end up getting to end game and having the same or less difficulty then you did at the start, then something is wrong.

I just wonder one big thing.. Why did the game die in Korea (and everywhere else)? Obviously they gave us a game that they discarded after years of service. Does that show how much ESTGames cares about western gamers? We get their games many years after everyone else, and usually end up getting their garbage games (except for Cabal and eventually Cabal 2). It's a true disappointment.

At least china tries to get their games out to us (the ones we like at least) in a decent amount of time. I'd estimate the cycles being like this:

Korea -> Japan -> China -> Anywhere Else -> NA/EU/Global
    --or--
    Korea -> China -> Japan -> Anywhere Else -> NA/EU/Global

China -> NA/EU/Global -> Korea/Japan (Not too often)

Japan ------> NA/EU/Global (Occasionally, but only with big titles like Phantasy Star Online 1/2 - takes long time to get.) {Could also include Korea or China depending on how big a title is.}

Overall, you can tell that Korea for the most part focuses on Asia, while China (in many ways) works with the west in some of their games to make sure their cash cow games are well received. Japan is very very isolationist and tends to keep most of their games out of everyone's hands, on top of the fact that 99% of their versions of games are IP blocked in numerous secure ways.

Summary: Korea focuses on the west last. They barely ever consult with anyone from the West when developing their games (which is why you see many very Asian styles to their games). China has a ton of games; so many so that they have tons of games only in their country, and tons of games that they release or even work with the West on for the West countries. Japan is isolationist and tends to keep most things out of anyone's hands, on top of their numerous heavy IP blocks on most of their versions of games.

Lastly, a small scale towards how many MMOs actually release in each major area. All of this ofc is estimates from observation.

Korea: 75% (All Korean MMOs, few Chinese MMOs, some Western MMOs, few Japanese MMOs)
    China: 90% (Many Korean MMOs, All Chinese MMOs, some Western MMOs, few Japanese MMOs)
    Japan: 85% (Many Korean MMOs, some Chinese MMOs, some Western MMOs, All Japanese MMOs)
    NA/EU/Global: 55% (some Korean MMOs, some Chinese MMOs, All Western MMOs, some Japanese MMOs)

Regarding NA/EU/Global : I only say we have some Korean MMOs because there are SOO many that we either haven't gotten yet, or won't ever get (i.e. Cyphers Online).

This also reflects the trend in release areas. The West is usually the last to get any release from Asian-made MMOs. Another rising demographic is SEA (South East Asia). Since all of this is estimates anyways, I don't know enough about SEA demographic to estimate a % of MMOs they get, but it's obviously lower than NA/EU/Global because SEA is a specific region, and can even contain split demographics like PH versions, etc. I'm definitely seeing these Asian developer companies eying SEA more and more now. (For example, Cabal 2 SEA is the next planned version of Cabal 2.)
    Playing: World of Warcraft (Kel Thuzad Alliance)

Power_Gamer_6's Pick Reputation: 35

Ofcourse it scales up. Since there are 3 difficulty dungeons. While everyone here complains about normal difficulty. Feels almost like there are gear checks also. Combined with player skill. This actually makes the game interesting. I remember D3 Inferno when it was just out. Everyone complained also about that. Eventho the hardcore players including myself already completed it with ease pretty quickly. Cause best gear and knowledge about the game skills, with some teamwork here and there. Oh no...I have to use my brain for once.

The ingame mechanics are pretty solid also. As breaker, melee dps. I get some evasion and range skills. With stun+knockbacks. Also once the meter is full you're superman. With the B button. You can use skill stones to even get more powerful. This is how you're suppose to attack bosses too. I dont get 1 or 2 hitted either. Can take atleast 4-5 hits. But I seen purple tier armor with large amount of hp. I can imagine with top gear+10 you dont even have to hp pot on normal difficulty. Also there is a even higher tier then purple. So far its looks basic, but solid. And hard learning curve. Pretty rare to see a game like this in this age.
    Last edited by Beatrix23; 08-31-2013 at 09:30 AM.

Game Journalist Reputation: 86

Couldn't go for a party more than 2.

Just duo'd the meglin castle(or whatever, the Lv20 dungeon) stage 2 with a Breaker (mediator here) and it was so much easier, according to him. That stage, we had to protect this NPC that aggro'ed anything and everything in the room.

Wish they can quickly fix the party latency 'tho.

Snakes Big Toe Reputation: 18

Just hit 18, the people complaining about the difficulty of this game are pretty ridiculous in my eyes. Just because its not easy doesn't mean you shouldn't play it, its not bad at all.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast