Thread: Get hyper!!!

Orc's Breathmint Reputation: 10

Default Get hyper!!!

Which game has the biggest hype atm? has to be in open beta NOT closed or fully released

Illgamez Insomniac Reputation: 122

Quote Originally Posted by TinyBoy View Post
    Which game has the biggest hype atm? has to be in open beta NOT closed or fully released
    I guess FFXIV is pretty hyped atm and it entered it's final beta phase which is basically its Open Beta. The game is P2P though.

Other than that.. Nothing? o.O
    Current Games:

Blade and Soul NA (CBT)
    Black Desert (CBT)
    Albion Online (CBT)

Waiting for:

Overwatch (CBT)
    The Division (CBT)

Norrin Radd's Nerd Rage Reputation: 26

Why would you make two of practically the same threads?

Bongo Crazy Kong Reputation: 31

Quote Originally Posted by Viney1 View Post
    I guess FFXIV is pretty hyped atm and it entered it's final beta phase which is basically its Open Beta. The game is P2P though.

Other than that.. Nothing? o.O
    Sad to say but the fact that it's P2P is killing it's hype.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 758

Quote Originally Posted by Airsyk View Post
    for you maybe, better p2p than p2w

Raiyne's Rock Band Reputation: 47

Pretty hard to hype a game that's in OB right now since everybody probably has tried it already.

Quote Originally Posted by zipykido View Post
    Pretty hard to hype a game that's in OB right now since everybody probably has tried it already.
    True. Hype comes mostly to games in development or starting CB in due time. That includes Everquest Next. Of course, EQN is farther away than I'd like. At least the Landmark version of it is coming out in the winter.
    Current Games:

Blade and Soul NA (CBT)
    Black Desert (CBT)
    Albion Online (CBT)

Waiting for:

Overwatch (CBT)
    The Division (CBT)

Bongo Crazy Kong Reputation: 31

Quote Originally Posted by Abhorsen View Post
    No one gets as hype for P2P titles as they do for other models anymore in NA/EU. At the very least you get to try the game out that way. Free stuff gets more attention, that's just reality. Which is why every P2P title that has been released lately switches to F2P eventually. That's probably never going to happen for FFXIV; they'd rather close it down if it comes to that I'd imagine. B2P or hybrid would have been a much safer route for NA/EU.

I personally don't care for the game because of the combat. The payment model doesn't affect me either way.
    Last edited by Airsyk; 08-18-2013 at 06:27 AM.

Ride em’ Yoshi Reputation: 10

killing the hype? say that to the over full servers and closed character creations <_<
    Live Gameplay,Giveaways and more :3
    http://Twitch.tv/Sonhooo

Baby Bowsers Soiled Diaper Reputation: 36

Kinda. I played cb phase and was bored to hell. Tried again yesterday and nothing changed for me.
    The p2p part makes me laugh. It wont survive p2p well. No (new) game will nowadays. Or it will survive with a small playerbase.
    Also, those billions of quest at start gave me huge cancer

I didnt really see much hype for this game. Plenty got to play CB so maybe cus of that
    Last edited by janii; 08-18-2013 at 09:00 AM.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 758

Quote Originally Posted by Sonho View Post
    killing the hype? say that to the over full servers and closed character creations <_<
    was about to say, its hard to find a spot in the game where there arent atleast 5 characters around you lol

McFox Sandwich Reputation: 20

was about to say, its hard to find a spot in the game where there arent atleast 5 characters around you lol
    Well it is expected as it's in ob. But lets be honest, how many will purchase and then sub for the game? I've tried it and found nothing appealing, except for the neat visuals..which is not enough for me to even consider buying it. Boring and troublesome quests and stale combat, right form the past. They could think of something cool..yea, mixing skills from other classes is definitely in that category, but it's just really not enough. Surely there will be hardcore ff fans interested, mby people who prefer old style combat, but new people like me, who possibly dont understand the whole concept and will easily judge by first impressions, will stay away from that game. There are far better action based games in the market right now I'd invest my time and money in, which are f2p or b2p. But it's my opinion, I guess I look for something different, because I've seen too much of this same crap over and over again.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 422

i respect you even more.

Quote Originally Posted by Otaku-san View Post
    Well it is expected as it's in ob. But lets be honest, how many will purchase and then sub for the game? I've tried it and found nothing appealing, except for the neat visuals..which is not enough for me to even consider buying it. Boring and troublesome quests and stale combat, right form the past. They could think of something cool..yea, mixing skills from other classes is definitely in that category, but it's just really not enough. Surely there will be hardcore ff fans interested, mby people who prefer old style combat, but new people like me, who possibly dont understand the whole concept and will easily judge by first impressions, will stay away from that game. There are far better action based games in the market right now I'd invest my time and money in, which are f2p or b2p. But it's my opinion, I guess I look for something different, because I've seen too much of this same crap over and over again.
    Not many will but we players who will play it don't expect many ... because many would kill servers with overpopulation ... the good thing about this game is you do not need many people to play it that you could enjoy ... but it is worth paying for considering how much it has to offer i loved the dungeons , even system and etc etc and they will be adding 15 man raids and etc...
    Last edited by poeticas; 08-18-2013 at 04:05 PM.
    Some Stories Are Just Way Better In My Head!

ChimaeraOne's Cookie Reputation: 50

Quote Originally Posted by janii View Post
    It wont survive p2p well. No (new) game will nowadays. Or it will survive with a small playerbase.
    Yeah, because I'm sure you can predict the future... -.-
    I'd still say that FFXIV:ARR has the biggest hype of all the games currently in OBT.

Cloud13's Clown Reputation: 22

Lol idc wat anyone says but what game doesnt get HYPED then a couple months after release everyone's either complaining or quitting.

Ill be waiting for the ONRPG community to quit FF within a month or less

R.I.P Tupac Amaru Shakur

1971-1996

"I'm not saying I'm gonna change the world, but I guarantee that I will spark the brain that will change the world."

— Tupac Shakur

42 Reputation: 57

With all the different channels talking about it, as well as a weekly podcast going over what's been shown, TESO is one of the most hyped games, at least here in the west. It's only gonna get worse as we get closer to release, or at least when the NDA agreement lifts. When that happens expect to get inundated with information, LPs, guides etc from just about every gaming channel out there.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 422

Quote Originally Posted by invadertim View Post
    Lol idc wat anyone says but what game doesnt get HYPED then a couple months after release everyone's either complaining or quitting.

Ill be waiting for the ONRPG community to quit FF within a month or less
    onrpg is different ... everyone just quits like its a trend i still play gw2 and all those people on onrpg guild ... said we will play this game and quit after a week...

will play this game and i will enjoy it.
    Some Stories Are Just Way Better In My Head!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave!Yognaught View Post
    With all the different channels talking about it, as well as a weekly podcast going over what's been shown, TESO is one of the most hyped games, at least here in the west. It's only gonna get worse as we get closer to release, or at least when the NDA agreement lifts. When that happens expect to get inundated with information, LPs, guides etc from just about every gaming channel out there.
    TESO is not that popular.. Even FFXIV is more popular. Most people think TESO is a piece of garbage remake of the ESO but with online capability focusing on solo content only. The game itself was decent as an offline game. This is definitely a case of developers thinking their game is too popular and deciding to make an MMO out of it. The only thing that will happen is the game will fail and they'll blame everyone else. :X
    Current Games:

Blade and Soul NA (CBT)
    Black Desert (CBT)
    Albion Online (CBT)

Waiting for:

Overwatch (CBT)
    The Division (CBT)

ChimaeraOne's Cookie Reputation: 27

Quote Originally Posted by Viney1 View Post
    TESO is not that popular.. Even FFXIV is more popular. Most people think TESO is a piece of garbage remake of the ESO but with online capability focusing on solo content only. The game itself was decent as an offline game. This is definitely a case of developers thinking their game is too popular and deciding to make an MMO out of it. The only thing that will happen is the game will fail and they'll blame everyone else. :X
    Everyone and their mothers ride some Final Fantasy schlong unlike The Elder Scrolls, so of course people will bandwagon FF over TES.

Besides that, FF had more time to sink in along with more games to advertise compared to TES so yeah FF will be more popular. Final Fantasy being around since 1989, with 14 mainstream games and counting compared to The Elder Scrolls being around since 1994, with 6 mainstream games and counting.

`Doll's Dishwasher Reputation: 29

TBH I wasn't too hyped about ffxivrr until I tried it out in phase 4 and I think I'm hyped now haha.

Probably will be the first p2p game I have actually ever played.. bit tired of f2p.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntchez View Post
    Everyone and their mothers ride some Final Fantasy schlong unlike The Elder Scrolls, so of course people will bandwagon FF over TES.

Besides that, FF had more time to sink in along with more games to advertise compared to TES so yeah FF will be more popular. Final Fantasy being around since 1989, with 14 mainstream games and counting compared to The Elder Scrolls being around since 1994, with 6 mainstream games and counting.

ESO wouldnt live the hype at all

R.I.P Tupac Amaru Shakur

1971-1996

"I'm not saying I'm gonna change the world, but I guarantee that I will spark the brain that will change the world."

— Tupac Shakur

ChimaeraOne's Cookie Reputation: 52

Quote Originally Posted by invadertim View Post
    ESO wouldnt live the hype at all
    There's hype on dis. Man, you can't be serious.
    I say B&S and Black desert.
    i dunno why you couldn't just scroll back alittle to like last month and check the thread there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Your average commentor
    If she has anime flu, she will die.
    Wakfu: Roxie Hubrecut

Quote Originally Posted by Heartyace View Post
    There's hype on dis. Man, you can't be serious.
    I say B&S and Black desert.
    i dunno why you couldn't just scroll back alittle to like last month and check the thread there.
    i have reasons why i say those words tho ;P

R.I.P Tupac Amaru Shakur

1971-1996

— Tupac Shakur