WildStar - Buy to Play , with subscription ... and timecards

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Link's a Hippie! Reputation: 22

Quote Originally Posted by Abhorsen View Post
    good, i was hoping this would be a p2p game. as long the quality is great ill gladly p2p for it
    i wont buy it unless i can try it out though

You think like me then no problem with p2p but want to try before buy thatīs why I hated Gw2 first I never in to beta and I was not ready to pay 59.99 euro for something I did not know if I would like but 5 month after release I got it from a friend who said play with me and itīs your. If people miss or dont have time to get in a beta for F sake have Trials on your mmo.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 176

Hype over. ;_;
    Quote Originally Posted by Loric View Post
    I love how your name is "Useless", and your avatar says "Canada" in it.
    LOL GET IT?

Sonic’s Milkshake Reputation: 13

i'm more likely to buy things from a cash shop than i am to pay to play a game

let that be a lesson to them, hopefully

Holy Hand Grenade Reputation: 22

What the hell are they thinking? from the way the market has been going they actually believe this is a smart choice?????

I hope this game crashes and burns because of stupid greedy stock owners and ceos

Raiyne's Rock Band Reputation: 47

As I understand it you can buy a $20 game card which you can sell in game, but you can also buy a $15 subscription. I have a feeling that two things are going to happen:

1. Bots and inflation. Bots will farm a ton of money, and buy the CREDDS from people who sell them.
    2. CREDD buyers will become insanely rich. Because they're feeding the bots who farm money to buy CREDDS from them.

Which means people with normal subscriptions are slightly screwed, especially if the armor/weapon mods require you to have a strong guild to obtain and can only be obtained at very high levels.

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

I actually prefer them having a subscription fee rather than being a F2P game, Cause with a F2P game most of the money they earn comes from a cash-shop, Which would make them focus more on putting stuff on there to make money rather than putting quality content in the game.
    So a P2P is what is best. I havent played a single F2P game (Except maybe dota) that has been a good game, Because its been too much focus on the cash shop rather than the actual gameplay.

Wildstar will be the best MMORPG of 2014 in my opinion. Atleast from what i've seen and heard, EQ:Next or ESO isnt really appealing to me.

*Edit* Since this will be my main game to play, I dont mind paying $15 a month, Since that's pretty much what i've been paying for wow the last 6-7 years.

500+ Posts???? Reputation: 23

it can work if they can keep the economy stable. the system worked out very well in tera, the timecards were very easily affordable with in game gold. I never had to pay sub again after they were released

Bongo Crazy Kong Reputation: 31

Quote Originally Posted by HoboFreedom View Post
    it can work if they can keep the economy stable. the system worked out very well in tera, the timecards were very easily affordable with in game gold. I never had to pay sub again after they were released
    The chronoscrolls in Tera were the exact same price as a subscription though, which is why it worked. You could buy some and stock up for your own time, or sell some when you get broke. CREDDs are $5 more than the subscription meaning the only reason to buy one would be to sell for gold. People won't sell it cheap and supply will be limited.

やめてください! Reputation: 296

They sure love taking risks. With their cartoony, relaxed, comical art style and now with their hybrid business model.

And we all know the success stories that arise from developers taking risks in this industry, right?

Holy Hand Grenade Reputation: 22

Quote Originally Posted by ExtremeRewind View Post
    I actually prefer them having a subscription fee rather than being a F2P game, Cause with a F2P game most of the money they earn comes from a cash-shop, Which would make them focus more on putting stuff on there to make money rather than putting quality content in the game.
    So a P2P is what is best. I havent played a single F2P game (Except maybe dota) that has been a good game, Because its been too much focus on the cash shop rather than the actual gameplay.

Wildstar will be the best MMORPG of 2014 in my opinion. Atleast from what i've seen and heard, EQ:Next or ESO isnt really appealing to me.

*Edit* Since this will be my main game to play, I dont mind paying $15 a month, Since that's pretty much what i've been paying for wow the last 6-7 years.
    beneficial for people who have no lives I suppose
    Last edited by birdman16; 08-19-2013 at 09:15 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast