Neverwinter or Tera?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Default Neverwinter or Tera?

Which do you recommend, and why? I'm currently wanting to invest time in one of these games. But can't make up my mind, which is the overall best experience? and which is the least pay to win?
    Last edited by detunedradio; 08-20-2013 at 01:43 PM.

Game Journalist Reputation: 394

I would say Neverwinter. However, this is based purely on how much I enjoyed the beginning (first ten to fifteen hours) experience of both games. Tera was a chore to get thru, while Neverwinter was quite fun. I prefer Neverwinter's combat over Tera's as well.
    "....However, as with all things, you will encounter the odd retard and or asshole."
    -Cingal
    -------(New Video!)------------------------(New Post!)[7/23]----------(Now recruiting for ArcheAge!!!)[4/28]
    Youtube Channel | Twitch | Gaming Blog | Amitabha Gaming Guild

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 231

Quote Originally Posted by ApocaRUFF View Post
    I would say Neverwinter. However, this is based purely on how much I enjoyed the beginning (first ten to fifteen hours) experience of both games. Tera was a chore to get thru, while Neverwinter was quite fun. I prefer Neverwinter's combat over Tera's as well.
    Neverwinter is dying + p2win.

there's a wolf in my heart

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 126

The majority here will probably tend to Tera, since Neverwinter is almost globally hated here except for by Apoca. =D

Pellet Eater Reputation: 39

They're both pretty abysmal. If i could proffer a third option it'de be Vindictus, completely room based but at least they don't try to screw you at every turn :/

Power_Gamer_6's Pick Reputation: 35

Neverwinter isnt a bad game in itself. Lots of story and content. Also it gets good patches, balance fixes and even a big content patch soon. "The Foundry" is so refreshing. Player made dungeons, some are very very excellent. With interesting and humorous storytelling, while giving reasonable exp and drops. Lots of creativity there.

The PvP isnt that bad either, but still needs some work. Its just ruined by the way PW runs it. And the economy is just screwed with the diamonds system. Which also has been exploited in the past. Thats what made me quit. I would immediately play again, if they released a new server. But from what I heard, they want to merge the 3 existing servers into 1 in the future....

Tera is just a eye candy grindfest. And the PvP is abysmal
    Last edited by Beatrix23; 08-19-2013 at 06:27 PM.

Master Chief's Windex Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by Dave!Yognaught View Post
    They're both pretty abysmal. If i could proffer a third option it'de be Vindictus, completely room based but at least they don't try to screw you at every turn :/
    I double down on this. Played all three and between NeverWinter, TERA, and Vindictus; Vindictus is the best.

TERA has very boring quests with a difficult to follow plot line. Only reason to play is for the PvP and even that has died down since the Vanarch nerf.
    NeverWinter has very good questing and storyline but it peters out about after a week where the game just kind of ends. Worth the download but move on when you are done with it.
    Vindictus starts slow but gets better as the story progresses. Vindictus is the action combat king and the first MMO with destructible environment. Play it long term for the action and many challenging raids.

Game Journalist Reputation: 394

Quote Originally Posted by Candyholic View Post
    Neverwinter is dying + p2win.
    That's why I said my opinion was based on the first 10-14 hours of each game. I haven't played past that with either so I can't comment on end game content, how the population (however I recently played Neverwinter and it seemed to be quite full), or if they're p2w.
    "....However, as with all things, you will encounter the odd retard and or asshole."
    -Cingal
    -------(New Video!)------------------------(New Post!)[7/23]----------(Now recruiting for ArcheAge!!!)[4/28]
    Youtube Channel | Twitch | Gaming Blog | Amitabha Gaming Guild

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

I edited the original post. Thanks for the feedback all.

`Doll's Dishwasher Reputation: 12

Tera....

Neverwinter is PAY 2 WIN, there whole Market is based on Pay 2 WIN, especially for PvP....
    Nano.. Nano.. Nano..
    "NO MATTER WHERE YOU PLAN TO SPEND ETERNITY"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast