Neverwinter or Tera?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Default Neverwinter or Tera?

Which do you recommend, and why? I'm currently wanting to invest time in one of these games. But can't make up my mind, which is the overall best experience? and which is the least pay to win?
    Last edited by detunedradio; 08-20-2013 at 01:43 PM.

Game Journalist Reputation: 407

I would say Neverwinter. However, this is based purely on how much I enjoyed the beginning (first ten to fifteen hours) experience of both games. Tera was a chore to get thru, while Neverwinter was quite fun. I prefer Neverwinter's combat over Tera's as well.
    "....However, as with all things, you will encounter the odd retard and or asshole."
    -Cingal
    -------(New Video!)------------------------(New Post!)[8/13]----------(Updated for ArcheAge!)[4/28]
    Youtube Channel | Twitch | Gaming Blog | Amitabha Gaming Guild

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 239

Quote Originally Posted by ApocaRUFF View Post
    I would say Neverwinter. However, this is based purely on how much I enjoyed the beginning (first ten to fifteen hours) experience of both games. Tera was a chore to get thru, while Neverwinter was quite fun. I prefer Neverwinter's combat over Tera's as well.
    Neverwinter is dying + p2win.

there's a wolf in my heart

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 126

The majority here will probably tend to Tera, since Neverwinter is almost globally hated here except for by Apoca. =D

Lives in City of Zeroes Reputation: 41

They're both pretty abysmal. If i could proffer a third option it'de be Vindictus, completely room based but at least they don't try to screw you at every turn :/

Power_Gamer_6's Pick Reputation: 35

Neverwinter isnt a bad game in itself. Lots of story and content. Also it gets good patches, balance fixes and even a big content patch soon. "The Foundry" is so refreshing. Player made dungeons, some are very very excellent. With interesting and humorous storytelling, while giving reasonable exp and drops. Lots of creativity there.

The PvP isnt that bad either, but still needs some work. Its just ruined by the way PW runs it. And the economy is just screwed with the diamonds system. Which also has been exploited in the past. Thats what made me quit. I would immediately play again, if they released a new server. But from what I heard, they want to merge the 3 existing servers into 1 in the future....

Tera is just a eye candy grindfest. And the PvP is abysmal
    Last edited by Beatrix23; 08-19-2013 at 06:27 PM.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 220

They're both pretty awful choices honestly. Neverwinter is literally the definition of pay to win as shit. Tera is just a boring chore since once you get to endgame it's literally the best definition of a grind race since you literally can't do shit unless you grind for the best gear.

Game Journalist Reputation: 86

Quote Originally Posted by Jermatoo View Post
    They're both pretty awful choices honestly. Neverwinter is literally the definition of pay to win as shit. Tera is just a boring chore since once you get to endgame it's literally the best definition of a grind race since you literally can't do shit unless you grind for the best gear.
    Pretty much what Jermatoo mentioned. But I'd say to go with TERA right now since Neverwinter was pretty much screwed heavily by PW.

Game Journalist Reputation: 407

Quote Originally Posted by Candyholic View Post
    Neverwinter is dying + p2win.
    That's why I said my opinion was based on the first 10-14 hours of each game. I haven't played past that with either so I can't comment on end game content, how the population (however I recently played Neverwinter and it seemed to be quite full), or if they're p2w.
    "....However, as with all things, you will encounter the odd retard and or asshole."
    -Cingal
    -------(New Video!)------------------------(New Post!)[8/13]----------(Updated for ArcheAge!)[4/28]
    Youtube Channel | Twitch | Gaming Blog | Amitabha Gaming Guild

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

I edited the original post. Thanks for the feedback all.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast