Let's Screw Around In Fallen Earth?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Orc's Breathmint Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by Jin-Roh View Post
    We're still playing and having fun so far. Go ahead and add me on steam. http://steamcommunity.com/id/HazMax/

Added you. Downloading Fallen Earth now. (My steam name is IHateMyName)

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 344

Quote Originally Posted by Starkler View Post
    Sweet. I can't find you on the steam client so I can't add you. (My steam web browser doesn't work. Sort of a long story.)
    Steam name is Aiyeris.
    Alright, I sent you an invite. My display name is Karnage and I've got a meme for an avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by GameOverYouLost View Post
    Added you. Downloading Fallen Earth now. (My steam name is IHateMyName)
    Alright, I accepted you. Message me with your IGN when you've got a char up and running. I'm going to take a nap for now.

Game Journalist Reputation: 421

Is PVP a thing in this game? Anything like Fallout?
    "....However, as with all things, you will encounter the odd retard and or asshole."
    -Cingal
    -------(New Video!)------------------------(New Post!)[9/26]----------(Updated for ArcheAge!)[4/28]
    Youtube Channel | Twitch | Gaming Blog | Amitabha Gaming Guild

Quote Originally Posted by ApocaRUFF View Post
    Is PVP a thing in this game? Anything like Fallout?
    There are open PvP zones as well as matches you go join from anywhere. This game is quite like Fallout, yes.

Tempted to download it, but will need to read into it a bit more before I decide I guess. What have you guys gotten into so far?
    "....However, as with all things, you will encounter the odd retard and or asshole."
    -Cingal
    -------(New Video!)------------------------(New Post!)[9/26]----------(Updated for ArcheAge!)[4/28]

Quote Originally Posted by ApocaRUFF View Post
    Tempted to download it, but will need to read into it a bit more before I decide I guess. What have you guys gotten into so far?
    Not everyone has been on yet, but so far I've helped Mazdra7 start out with his quests and giving him some gear. We had fun riding around the wastelands together. You get a horse like right away now so he had that to ride on while I used my motorcycle. You really should try it out while we're all giving it a go. I'd totally help you out like I did with Maz.

EDIT: Apoca is now playing with us.
    Last edited by Jin-Roh; 08-31-2013 at 12:09 PM.

It's a pretty decent game, at least so far. I mean, the gameplay itself seems fairly generic (Go out and do quest to level up). However, it doesn't feel like a boring generic grinder. I mean usually I get extremely pissed when the questing is just generic "Go out and collect X for me because you've never met me and have no reason to. Oh sure you'll get a subpar reward for risking your life, but that's it." But the setting of this game makes it feel like you're in a similar world as that in Fallout. And honestly, the level system is almost an exact copy of the original two Fallout games, which is extremely nice as it's not a generic cookie-cutter system.

The world has a lot of atmosphere to it. The only thing that could improve the game, at least for me, is if they released a completely open-PVP server where you could attack anyone at any time, where you dropped all your stuff when you die, and they added in stealing. Then if they took it a step further and added in pre-determined locations that clans could build bases to get access to expanded content (such as being able to craft the higher end gear or something), that could be attacked/sieged by others so a sort of player politics became part of the game, it would probably instantly become my go-to game. Until then (and I highly doubt it will ever happen, unfortunately :/) I'm just going to play it casually when I need my post-apocalyptic fix.

But really, this has the potential and the framework in place to become what Fallout Online Reloaded is, but in 3D, action-based combat and without infringing on any copyrights.
    -Cingal

Sonicís Milkshake Reputation: 15

it seems my old account actualy still exists =) im downloading it right now.

i hope you guys wont quit asap now =) im tempted to play on my dual smg/pistol twink i think i left her xp locked at lvl 9 or 19 to grind out bloodsport gear (very wow'esque i know but they look awesome..)

have anyone of you reached act2 or the second map or what it was called ? would be a blast to run around terrorising the other factions abit
    what factions are you leaning towards being ?
    Last edited by Tokeri; 09-02-2013 at 08:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokeri View Post
    it seems my old account actualy still exists =) im downloading it right now.

i hope you guys wont quit asap now =) im tempted to play on my dual smg/pistol twink i think i left her xp locked at lvl 9 or 19 to grind out bloodsport gear (very wow'esque i know but they look awesome..)

have anyone of you reached act2 or the second map or what it was called ? would be a blast to run around terrorising the other factions abit
    what factions are you leaning towards being ?
    I'm still only level 4. Been playing fairly casual. Probably the faction that is most like Caldari in EVE (ie, power, unity, military, etc...)
    -Cingal

Currently lv23 and a half and running with the enforcers. I've been playing every day since I made this thread... Not hardcore, but still a good amount of time each day.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast