System Requiments / Get Rdy for Upcoming F2P MMOS

A Shrubbery Reputation: 76

Default System Requiments / Get Rdy for Upcoming F2P MMOS

System Requiments / Get Rdy for Upcoming MMOS

I made this Topic for all players that need to Upgrade their PCs for F2P MMOS ( UPCOMING),Sugestions

1. Which Graphic Card ?

2. CPU Intel or AMD ?

3. Ram Memory ?

4.HD Sata or SSD ?

my pc atm
    fx 4350
    6770 ( will change soon )
    6gb ddr3
    Sata 300 hs

Cheap 2m/s 22 Monitor for gaming Benq benq rl2240

Game Journalist Reputation: 407

Any graphics card with at least 1GB GDDR5 - Link

CPU is up to you, both are good. However, lately people have been focusing on the i5 (for budget gaming PCs) and i7's for over the top gaming PCs.

For RAM, get at least 8GB of DDR3. That will cost you anywhere between $50 and $80, and that's for quality stuff. RAM is pretty cheap now so there really is no excuse (unless that excuse is that you do not have a motherboard that can support it) to not have at least 8GB as you can get it for as much as a brand new game, or sometimes half as much as a brand new game if it happens to be on sale (which is frequently does).

Either or. HDD's still work pretty nicely, and SDD's are still overly expensive. I would suggest getting at least a 60GB SDD (maybe 120? up to you) and using it to host your OS. This will give you some extremely fast boot-up times, and it wont break your wallet. Also grab a 500GB or a 1TB HDD to host all your actual files/games. If you do go with at least a 120GB SDD, it's pretty nice as you can put a few of your favorite games on there for some incredibly nice performance and load times. I managed to do this one game on my 60GB and it was pretty fantastic, especially in Darkfall (which, at the time, suffered performance problems in sieges and such... most of which I didn't get).

As for my specs, this build is about four years old now and I've been thinking about upgrading. However, I can't really come up with a reason I would need to as it still plays every game at max settings and I've yet to find a game that will go under 50FPS (Except for some kind of load lag in a very few games), and most games will be 130+ FPS (still at max settings). At the time, it cost about $900 (including OS price). Probably a couple hundred dollars cheaper now.

CPU: Phenom II x4 955
    RAM: 8GB of DDR3 1600 G.Skill
    GPU: Radeon HDD 6870 1GB (I believe GDDR5? Not sure)
    Motherboard: Asus, can't remember the model, but it has enough room for one graphics card (maybe 2? Can't remember) and can support 16GB of RAM.
    60GB SDD (for OS only)
    1TB HDD (for everything else)
    500GB HDD for extra storage (unfortunately I often forget I have this and don't make much use of it )
    Last edited by ApocaRUFF; 09-04-2013 at 09:13 PM.
    "....However, as with all things, you will encounter the odd retard and or asshole."
    -Cingal
    -------(New Video!)------------------------(New Post!)[9/26]----------(Updated for ArcheAge!)[4/28]
    Youtube Channel | Twitch | Gaming Blog | Amitabha Gaming Guild

Elsa! :3 Reputation: 572

Quote Originally Posted by ApocaRUFF View Post
    Any graphics card with at least 1GB GDDR5
    Better go with 2GB these days. Nearly every new card that's decent has 2GB or more RAM. Certain games with max settings will also push about 1.5GB VRAM, thus causing either lag or lesser settings.
    2GB on a 2 or more monitors and good settings is the bare minimum even. It might be interesting to get a 3 or 4GB card depending on the amount of screens.

Quote Originally Posted by ApocaRUFF View Post
    I would suggest getting at least a 60GB SDD (maybe 120? up to you)
    At least 120GB for normal tech-savvy people or people that don't know much about computers. Reason is that if they don't move their document folders to a normal HDD, they'll lose A LOT of space and it'll lessen the HDD durability/life considerably.

Now, as for the thread itself... it's fairly useless. :/
    In order to properly help people you need to know their budgets and their wishes. Just saying get an Intel CPU with 8GB ram and a 1TB hdd with an AMD GPU will be fairly poor advise.

[My Anime List] | [last.fm] | [xfire] | [Steam]
    Quote Originally Posted by duby View Post
    i have no clue as to what a paragraph is

A Shrubbery Reputation: 76

At least 120GB for normal tech-savvy people or people that don't know much about computers. Reason is that if they don't move their document folders to a normal HDD, they'll lose A LOT of space and it'll lessen the HDD durability/life considerably.

64mb Buffer Sata 600 HD WD arent bad too ? i heard that SSD has many erors

Elsa! :3 Reputation: 572

Quote Originally Posted by Senseos View Post
    64mb Buffer Sata 600 HD WD arent bad too ?
    This is like saying you want fizzy water without telling the waiter which one you want. :/
    I'd need to know which model etc it is.

Well, to write it down a bit: normal HDDs are ideal for the normal user. Most don't need exaggerated speeds.
    Hybrid HDDs are fairly nice but you're better off with a real SSD. (as the SSD part on those is just caching)
    Finally, SSDs are nice given you know how to set them up (relocating default locations for caches and libraries etc) and if you don't save a lot of stuff on it. It's getting better but it still is noticeable.

[My Anime List] | [last.fm] | [xfire] | [Steam]
    Quote Originally Posted by duby View Post
    i have no clue as to what a paragraph is